CHAPTER 43

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Yoochun's air balloon steadily rose up in the air, Dara glimpsed the silhouette of Lady Hye-Kyo in one of the windows of the second floor of the blue and white mansion. She had not given the regent enough time to think. But Dara believed that before the two weeks ended she would get an answer from the Regent of Yore.

 

Yoochun had decided that they begin their journey after the sun had set to evade the heat of the sun. By the time they reached Solaris City, it would be dark and way past dinner. In the past, travelling at night in an air balloon posed a lot of danger. Air balloons then could not fly above the trees. The night flight in the air balloon Dara had taken with Jaejoong before almost killed them because they had to travel in darkness to avoid the soldiers after them, and with Jaejoong's inability to steer the balloon properly, they found themselves almost crashing into several trees.

 

Yoochun was now in control, and he was steering the air balloon without a problem. This air balloon had risen higher than the treetops and if the blacksmith's boast could be believed, this air balloon could even go over any of the mountains of Haldor.

 

"I haven't tried it yet, but one of these days, I will take Glade to the mountains of Gore to prove to everyone that she could scale such heights," said Yoochun as he steered the air balloon. The eyepiece he used to see in the dark before was hanging around his neck by a string. Ready to be used once it became too dark to see with ordinary eyes.

 

Dara looked around the airship. Cloud had attached himself to the rear of the ship and seemed to be fluttering or playing with the wind like a child. Junsu and Bom were positioned in the middle and watching the landscape before them. On the bow of the airship, Jaejoong stood, but he wasn't facing forward, his eyes were focused on Lady Hye-Kyo's mansion that had begun to grow smaller as the distance between them increased. The furrow between his brows clearly indicated that he was in deep thought. She approached him and sat on one of the carved benches inside the carriage.

 

"What are you doing?" she asked.

 

"Trying to concentrate. To be specific, trying to see into the future. But this power of yours refused to cooperate," he groaned in frustration.

 

"Then maybe you should return it to me," she teased.

 

He looked at her.

 

"I have every intention of keeping my promise to you as long as I find the way to do that. But for now that this power is mine, I must really learn to use and control this powers of yours. The process on how to use it properly has remained elusive to me." He opened his right hand. A small whirlwind appeared on his palm. "I could easily control Seung won's power as long as I focused my mind. But when it comes to using foresight... It seemed to have a mind of its own. Giving me glimpses of the future only when it wants to."

 

"What do you want to see in the future, Jaejoong?"

 

"The dangers we will be facing. I need not have any power of foresight to know that there will be danger in our voyage tonight. I could feel it. I just wish I knew what kind of danger it would be." He let out a sigh.

 

"Maybe, the problem why even after all these years, you remained unable to instantly use the power of foresight is because unconsciously, you are fighting and rejecting this power."

 

"Why would I do that?"

 

"Because, you have always been a stubborn and defiant man who refuses to acknowledge this kind of power. Even when everyone believed in the prophecy of the Oracle, you continually defied it. Your mind had always rejected the visions of the future, and you never believed in them. And whenever you do get a glimpse of that future, your reaction was to change it and bend it to your will. You lack belief and trust in the power of foresight. And in order to properly use one's magic, you must accept and trust it."

 

 He smiled.

 

"You have become a much better teacher today, Dara. Last time you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter