A Girl In His Room

Should I Keep This Love (collection of one shots)

He died. A guy that I was dating died.

Well, that’s what I heard from his peers but I am not completely devastated. Why? Because he is just one of the many flings I had and I don’t even bother to know more about the details of his death. What I know is I need to pick up my belongings in his apartment as soon as I can. So one day I decided to go to his apartment and without much thought, I opened the door with the key that he gave to me. Not that I will use it again. I will throw it away after I am done taking my stuffs from his apartment. I confidently stride in with my shoes on, knowing that there is no one living there anymore. I was wrong.

“Who…who are you?”

To my surprise, I found a woman staring back at me from the sofa. She has a really serious expression and there are traces of tears evident on her face. She hastily wiped her tears and stand up.

“Me? I’m here to pick up my things. It’s not going to be long. I promise.” I coldly said as I walk towards the bedroom.

“Wha-whaat??! I knew it!” the woman angrily shouted. I turned around and a vase nearly landed on my face but thanks to my fast reflex, the vase crashed at the wall instead. My heart thumping like crazy, from what just happened. I look at her with an angry expression.

“Are you crazy, woman?!” I shouted.

“Crazy?” She snorted before looking at me again. Shaking her heads, her tears started to falls once more. “I knew it…my instinct was right. He cheated on me! I don’t believe this! With a like you!” She sternly pointed at me but I keep my calm face on. So…this is his girlfriend that he kept on telling me about to the point that I get jealous sometimes. I watched her as she slumped down on the chair and bawl her eyes out.

“You…You’re a bastard, Kai! You told me that you wanted to marry me but how could you do this to me! I believed you and I love you so much but now that you’re gone, what am I supposed to do?!”

Well, she is in a mess.

“I hate this.”

Suddenly, she got up and walked towards my direction. I thought she is going to beat me up so I readily cover my face with my arms. Nothing happens. She just walked pass me and kneeled down, picking up one the shards from the broken vase. Don’t tell me she is going to…

Without hesitation, she sliced her wrist. Damn kid! I quickly reach out my hands to stop her from injuring herself more.

“Don’t be stupid! Cut that act out! There is nothing good you can get from doing this!”

“No! Let me die! I can’t bear with this anymore!”

“Shut up and listen to me!”

“I don’t need you to lecture me!”

We wrestled with each other and I managed to get ahold of the shard, throwing it as far as I can. Both of us were panting heavily and I glanced at the woman in front of me. Her cries are less now and she is wiping her tears with her bloodied hand. Worried, I grab her arm despite her struggles and inspect her wound. Good, she missed the vital part that could have killed her. I do what any reasonable person out there would do by tearing off the right sleeves of my shirt and proceed to tie it around her injured wrist. Feeling stressed, I lightened a cigarette and look at the woman in front of me. Curiosity crept into my mind.

“What are you going to do now?” I asked as I inhaled the cigarette’s smoke. She was hesitant for a while before speaking up.

“I will stay here with Kai.”

“What?” Don’t tell me she has gone mad. He’s dead for God’s sake.

“I don’t care what are you going to say but I will not change my decision. I will stay here. With Kai’s presence.”. She hugged her knees tightly.

I nod a bit, looking at how determine she is.

“Then I will stay here with you.”

“What?! That’s crazy! No!” She looked at me disapprovingly but I ignored her glare and rub the cigarette on the floor.

“I can’t imagine what would you do if you are left alone in this apartment with that messy head of yours. Besides, I need a place to sleep for now.” I stood up and put my hands on my waist with my eyes looking down at her. “So, what’s your name? Mine is Amber. A runaway.” I offer a handshake but she looked away, ignoring my hand.

“Krystal.”  This woman…

Maybe it sounds stupid but at that point onwards, I realized that I had grew an interest in this woman, the total opposites of me, that are dating the same guy I had a fling with. Strangely, despite her silence disapproval, I don’t see her making an effort to persuade to me leave so we started to live together in this abnormal circumstances. Since we’re both a lone wolf anyway.

Days passes by with us rarely talk to each other. I’m busy with my job and she is busy with hers. Apparently the works she has requires her to be in her office at day. Not that I care. I have my own job to do at home. Painting. Yup, I’m a painter. A lot of people loves my work and I used to be proud of my works until somehow, I started to lose my passion in my drawing skills because of my hectic schedule. My works sure are beautiful but there are no meanings behind it. It’s like a lifeless painting that are used as a way to generate my income and I hated that but I have no choice. Fulfilling clients request are my priorities now instead of doing it for fun.

However, it changes after I lived with Krystal. I can’t help but to soothe this tingling feelings I have by drawing everything that’s in the house. It’s like my imagination started to running wild again, just like what I am during my high school years. I feel alive for the first time in how many years I have been dead inside. I wonder what makes me like this? We don’t even talk to each other that much. Even though she always leaves the house early in the morning and will be back at night, she always left an extra plate of food for me. Maybe it’s out of habit of cooking for her boyfriend but I still feel thankful for it since I don’t know how to cook something decent for myself. I only knew how to cook instant noodles which is bad for my health to eat it often but I don’t mind eating it every day if I could fulfill my hunger. Anyway, we spent two months doing this kind of routine until that night. I was trying to sleep when I heard a soft cries coming the person under her bed sheets. Yes, we have been sleeping in the same room but she’s on the bed while I’m on the floor. Who knows what this suicidal girl going to do in her room alone if I slept outside. I can’t risk that. I look over the bed and saw her trying to contain her stifles.

“Hey… you okay?” I scratched my head while looking at her back. I could only hear the sounds of her sobs replying me back. I sigh.

“Do you need a drink?” I asked, somehow feeling sorry of her.

“Sniff…yeah…sniff…”

I get up from my bed and went to kitchen to make a hot tea for her. After I’m done, I brought the hot tea with me into our room.

“Hey…sit up. I brought you a hot tea.”

She sits up with her tears smeared on her face. Tragic.

“Here you go.” I gave her the mug and silently, she reached out her hands to get it. Unfortunately, the mug slipped off my hand and fell down on the floor.

“Ouch!” I shrieked when some of the hot tea spilled on my feet. Dang. I can feel my feet burning with pain. I was about to pick up the broken mug when suddenly Krystal hugged me. Wow, I never knew she have a silky hair and soft, warm body. What was that guy thinking? Making a gorgeous girl like her cry. If she were my girl, I would cherish her more. Without thinking, I kissed her lips. I was surprised actually that she didn’t push me away or feel disgusted with me at all. However, somehow I thought that maybe…maybe she saw something in me that reminds her of him. So I figured out, what the hell? My hands started to move by their own, pulling up her shirt and started to fondle her . A moan escaped from , sending a shiver down my spine. I could feel something emerges from the inner me. Is it lust? But it feels different. I erased my thought and quickly took away her T-shirt and shorts, revealing a breathtaking view of her body. She is so beautiful. I thought. Kai is so lucky.

“Wait a minute. Let’s use this.” I took a towel from the drawer and blindfolds her eyes with it.

“What…what are you doing…Amber?” There is insecurity in her voice. I smiled when I heard she said out my name. I leaned down on her, my breath tickling her face.

“You finally said my name… You can think of Kai when we’re doing this. It’s okay. You don’t have to look at me.” I whispered at her. She nodded lightly and I bit my lips. She’s so cute.

I remembered how he always do me and so I did the exact same thing to her, tormenting her with a perfect imitation of him. I pleased her with the styles and techniques that he always uses, making her moaned with pleasures as he calls out his name. Instead of my name. However, I kept on trying to pleasure her with the intention of wanting to make her satisfied. To make her happy. Everything will be fine. I thought to myself. As long as she doesn’t look at me, everything will be fine. Since that night, she often approaches me, wanting to have with me. Correction. Her deceased boyfriend. With me as his substitute. To release her ual desire and help her to feel his touch again. But I have no complain. As long as I get to bed a beautiful woman like her. I’m fine. That’s my plan. But my plan was an utter failure. Because one night, I realized, I’m not feeling happy. I’m not the one that she wants. This isn’t me that she is feeling all this time we are having . I don’t even get to see her face when she comes. What will happen to me if she actually wakes up from this dream? I wanted to remove her blindfolds but I don’t even have the courage to take it off. How long am I supposed to do this? How I wish…she’d would look at me as Amber and not him. Without warning, my tears dripped on her face when I hover over her.

“Amber?” She quickly gets up from her position with her blindfolds on but I turned her around.

“No! Please. Don’t look at me.” Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I tried to cry silently.

“Are you crying?” Krystal took off her blindfolds and turn her head around to face me. I couldn’t control myself anymore and breaks down.

“I didn’t care when guys cheated me or when they just wanted to have with me…but I love you. So I…I can’t take this anymore. I can’t stand to be around you anymore!” I confessed with tears in my eyes. My heart hurt so badly and I feel so stupid for doing this to her. Krystal look at me and she too, started to cry. She hugged me tightly.

“I’m sorry…I thought you were trying to be like him as a way of dealing with your grief…so I tried to take comfort in it too. But the longer it went on, the more I wanted to see your face. I thought off taking my blindfold so many times and yet I restrained myself from doing so. I thought I might be in love with you but I have never fallen in love with a woman before, so it was just a shock for me…” What? Wait. Did she just…?

“But I thought you just saw me as a stand-in for him, Krystal. I was afraid if you would pull away if I told you how I felt, so I couldn’t do it.” I pull away from her hug and look at her.

“I guess it’s a misunderstanding between us then. Please don’t cry. When you’re sad, it makes me sad too.” A slight smile formed on her lips as she my head. I can’t believe what she is saying. Our feelings are actually mutual? I wiped my tears and grin a little.

“I love you too Krystal. I love you so much.” I leaned closer to her and we kissed. We kissed passionately before lying down together on the bed. No but a cuddle on bed is great enough.

“Let’s get a good night sleep together and leave this place. I want to have a fresh start tomorrow. Are you with me?” I held our hand together and look at her.

“Yes.” Krystal beam and kiss me again.

 

 Alright it has been soooo long I haven't update my fanfics with all the assignments, exams, works and writer blocks I have but I managed to update this one T.T Sequels for Secret? I'll think about it. Hahahaha. Btw, I'm still working on Dear Madam's next chapter so please wait for it T.T I'm sorry that you guys waited for it for so long and I'll try to sneak in some time to finish it. Once again, this is the link to Dear Madam's fanfic http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1095883/dear-madam-kryber for those who does not know that I already separated the fanfic from this one shots compilation.Anyways, Thank you so much for subscribing my fanfics and commenting on them. You guys are the best. I wanna make some angst but yeah somehow I ended up making a happy one. Oh well. Take care guys.