Dear Madam 2

Should I Keep This Love (collection of one shots)

How many weeks has it been since that day? Two? Three? Four or maybe months?

I sigh.

What is wrong with me? These past few weeks, I keep on having this weird feelings stirred inside me whenever I see Krystal. It’s an indescribable feelings that I have never encountered before. I even peeked at her when she does her laundries outside her house. Does that makes me a ert?

I rubbed my temple hard at the thought of mine.

Knock! Knock!

A small knock at my door can be heard, waking me up from my thoughts. I get up from my sofa, wondering who might be knocking at my door during this hour. Reaching the doorknob, I heard soft stifling sobs from the outside. Her voice sounds familiar.

“Is that you, mam?”

“Y-yes.”

I opened the door and look at the young wife in front of me. She wiped her tears with her head down, making it hard for me to look at her face. There must be something going on again between her and her husband.

“Come in. I’ll fix something hot for you to drink.” I said as my heart raced. . Stop it my stupid heart.

She slowly walked in and carefully took off her slippers before heading towards the sofa. Meanwhile, I went to the kitchen to make hot chocolate for her. She was sitting on the sofa, all curled up with her arms around her knees when I arrived at the living room with a hot chocolate. I put down the drink on the table and quickly sit beside her.

“Hey…What’s wrong?”

“….”

I hold her hands. Her palm felt cold. I look at her as she turned her head to look at the other way. Something is definitely wrong with her. A strong curiosity came up on my mind.

“Did your husband do something at you again, mam?”

She only replied with silence.

“Look at me, mam and tell me.”

“There’s nothing. He just locked me out of the house.” She answered with the back of her head still facing me. I hate this. It hurts me to see her like this. Why the hell she married that tard?

“Mam. You say this is nothing? This is domestic abuse!” I half screamed at her, feeling angry with the way she is treated by her husband and how she acted as if this is normal occurrence that everyone faces every day. I took my smartphone from the table and dialed a number. She needs help.

“What are you doing?” There is a hint of surprise in her voice.

“Calling the police.” I answered her coldly. A ringing sound from the other side can be heard before someone pick up to answer my call.

“Hello. This is the police station. How can I help you?”

“Yes. I want to make a re-“

Suddenly, a pair of hands grabbed my smartphone and hang up the phone call I’m going to make.

“Please don’t call the police, I beg you.” She pleaded as she hold my hands. I turned at her to reply but I was speechless when I looked at her face. She quickly hide her face with the hood but I caught her arm.

“Did he do this?”

Silence.

“Answer me, Krystal!” I can feel my anger rising up when I got no reply from her. That bastard. head. What did this lady did in her past to marry an abusive retard like him?? This can no longer be tolerated. This guy need a knock in his face. I gritted my teeth. I walked towards the front door with an angry expression but I was stopped by her.

“Don’t do it Amber. Please. I’m sorry if I caused nuisance towards you by going to your house like this. Don’t do anything to my husband. I will go away now.” The word ‘my husband’ coming from her came out like a poison to me but I keep my cool when I look at her teary eyes. This is hurting me so much. I hold her hands softly. I realized that her palms felt rough. Her hands feel like she has been doing harsh works for many years.

“No. Don’t go away. I’m sorry. You’re not a nuisance.” I look at her and wiped away her tears. The sight of the bruises on her face disheartened me. She must have been though a hard years living with that bastard. How I wish I could kiss her bruises away. Wait. What am I thinking? Damn Amber! I shook off the thoughts and lead the lady back to the living room.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t say that. We are neighbours. We should help each other. Just one thing.” I stared at her seriously.

She looked at me with a puzzled look.

“I’m sorry if my question seems like I invade your private affair but one thing, mam. How the hell you end up with that son of a b-ummph.” Her coarse palm covered my lips to stop me from talking. “Don’t. I don’t like what you are saying about him. He is not like what you see he is now.” I sigh and I removed her hand from covering my mouth.

“What do you mean he is not like what I see he is now?” I questioned her with my arms crossed. My eyes followed her movement as she slowly head towards the sofa and slumped her body on it. She closed her eyes and bit her lower lips. That’s hot. Oh . Stop it you erted brain. She’s married and she needs your help. I should not take advantage of her when she’s this miserable.

“He…used to be a gentleman. He is so sweet and there are lots of girls swooned by him. That was…three years ago when we’re in high school.” I snapped off my thoughts and look at her with a surprised expression. My eye ball feels like it going to popped out from its sockets. Three years ago in high school?? 

“Wait. What? So how old are you now?”

“19.” She muttered but I can hear what she says. What the heck? She is so young! Not to mention she’s younger than I am! She held her breath and exhaled. Hesitation can be seen from her face.

“If you don’t want to continue, it’s okay.” I assured her.

“No. I’m…I’m fine.” She said as she stared at the hot chocolate in front of her.

“I…used to be more refined than what I am now. I came from a rich family that loves me so much that they won’t let a single bug bite me nor flies near me. I was academically excellent and active in sports too. On top of that, I’m the most beautiful girl at my school. A lot of students admired me and I was like a honey to the boys but I ignored them all. I rarely smiles because I was shy and I think that I would get ugly if I smile so I keep a strict face. Ice princess is the nickname those students gave to me when they saw me but I don’t care. I’m not like the girls my age that time would do when their hormones kicked in. Books. That’s my partner. I loved reading so much that I likes to spend most of my time at the school library or my father’s reading room.” A smile suddenly crept up her face. Unknown to me, my lips formed a smile too. So that’s why she touch my books the last time she was here.

“Why don’t you hangout with your friends?”

“I have no friends. Its been that way since I was small.” She looked down sadly. I sit closer to her and rub her back as a sign of comfort. Suddenly, she push my hands away off her back.

“I-I’m sorry but I’m not used to someone doing like that to me. I’m sorry..” she apologically stated when she look at my puzzled face. “Ahh..it’s okay. I’m sorry too. I must have startled you.” I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. Dang. That’s awkward. I gestured her to continue her story.

“Like I said just now, I have no friends and I lived in my own fantasy world through reading all the books until I found him. Sleeping among my books at my sacred spot in the school library. Of course, being a book worm and introverted person I am, I unintentionally kick him off my books.” She acted a bit when she tells me that part. I let out a small laugh when I listen to her stories. How adorable. Students might have thought of her being a violent princess if she acted like that. “When I looked at his face, I instantly remembered him as, Kang Min-Hyuk, the prince of the school. I got embarrassed but I kept a straight face and told him off. He just laughed and told me that I am cute before he walked away.” Krystal rested her chin on her hands and smiled. A blush crept up her face. I felt something bitter growing inside me but I swallowed it. That beastard doesn’t see how lucky he is to marry this girl. “From there, he will greet me whenever I passed by him. Imagine that, being greeted by the prince of the school among all the crowded fangirls. Who wouldn’t get anxious? I will quickly run if I sees him but he keep on chasing after me. Everytime I got angry at him, he would just shrugged it off and ask for my number. I would refused everytime he ask but the frustrating part is when he even knew all my favourite spots at the school that I don’t know where I should hide except from my house.” She sighed.

“Sounds like a creepy stalker to me.” I mumbled nonchalantly.

“Yeah, that’s what I though too but as I get to know more about him, I actually think that he’s quite a romantic character that comes out from the novels that I read.” She twirled her finger on the table. I need those fingers on me..HO SHEIT WHAT AM I THINKING. I SHOULD SHOOT MYSELF NOW. I mentally slapped myself. “I thought hard that maybe I should give him a chance so I gave up running away from him and actually talk to him. That face he makes when I spoke to him. He told me that he has been interested with me from the moment he laid his eyes on me. Being an innocent girl I am, I fell into his charms. We started dating and we were known as the top couple at my school. There are a lot of fangirls who gets jealous and a few of them tried to hurt me but failed because Min hyuk would always be there to fend off the fangirls. I get worried but he told not to worry. He got something prepared for me . I was wondering what it is and during Christmas, we went out. Suddenly, out of nowhere he proposed at me. I happily accepted but I never knew storm will be coming at our way.” I noticed her hand clasped together, tightly.The feeling to comfort her comes again but I suppressed it.

“Our parents…don’t agree to our marriage plan..” She bit her lips and tears welled up in her eyes.“So Min Hyuk and I did what all the teenagers out there when they are blinded by love; run away from our home in Korea and married somewhere far from our parents.We settled down in America. We were so happy that we get to be free from our parents but…money. That’s our problem. After eight months living in the States, we realized that our accounts and credit cards are all blocked off by our parents. With no money and I was expecting a…baby that time…I thought that we were going to be doomed but Min Hyuk told me that we are going to be okay and he has secured a full time job as a dj at a this night club.” My heart stopped when I listen to her story.

“Hold on. A baby? You’re expecting a baby? Where is your baby? I mean, your baby should be around two years old, right now? You can’t let your baby-“

“My fault.”

“Your fault?”

“It’s all my fault.” Krystal mumbled before letting her tears falls again and she hastily wiped it off. “If only I just stayed at home instead of stalking my husband at his workplace..” I look at her, expecting her to continued her story. “I found out that he was flirting with the white girls that frequents the night club he is working in. Of course as his wife, I am so pissed off that I followed where he is going with those es and I saw him going into a hotel with them. I’m not stupid. I knew what they wanted to do so I stormed into the room where my husband is and bang. There he is, with the girls. I was so angry and cried at the same time that I screamed and also threw a table lamp at him but he dodged it. The girls managed to escaped the room, leaving me and my husband alone at the room. That was the first time ever I saw his angry face. He beat me up and screamed at me that I just chased away his customers. He even told me that it’s my fault that I am pregnant since I am pregnant, he can’t released his….. That rendered me speechless. My head feels heavy and I…felt a pain in my lower body and saw blood trickling down my legs. That night, I suffered miscarriage. It’s painful. To think that we lose our first baby. The child…that I hope I can hold….” Krystal look at her hands and closed her eyes. “And I killed my own baby. It’s all my fault..” She covered her face with regret. Anger and sadness clouded my mind. I abruptly get up and stand in front of her. I took her hands and look at her in the eyes.

“Stop! Stop it. Stop it with all this it’s your fault thing because the real fault here lies with Min Hyuk. That bastard cheated on you and he even beat you up and causes you to suffer miscarriage! Look at your face bruised face, legs and…uhhh!! What the hell is wrong with him?! You don’t deserve to be treated like this! If I were him, if I were him….” I angrily pointed at myself and without I realised, my tears rolled off my cheeks. . “I’ll treat you better! I’ll be a good husband to you! I’ll cherish you and the baby.I will choose suitable jobs, we will often go on dates, choosing baby clothes, and…and..oh, I don’ know! There’s a lot more of unthinkable thing I would do for you..!” Okay.This is absolutely weird. I’m crying like a fool and I blurted out stupid things to this young wife in front of me. Oh God….

“Amber…I..” Krystal look at me before letting out a giggle. “That’s funny, you’re the one who is crying a lot instead of me.”

“W-What is so-so funny? I-I’m always l-like this! Your story is t-too sad for me!” I was sobbing like a kid while wiping my miserable face. “Don’t l-look at m-me when I’m crying! Look over there!” I pointed at the pile of dirty laundries on my dining chair. “Wait. F-Forget it. Look at the floor!” My index finger quickly pointed at the floor. Letting her look at my dirty laundries would be so disgraceful. She looked down on the floor with a smile.

“Thank you. You’re so kind…and adorable.” I blushed upon being called adorable by Krystal. Damn. I need to get to my room fast before my head explode in front of her.I coughed and look away. “You can sleep at the room across my room tonight, mam. I already prepared a bed for you.” Geez.I should dropped that mam thingy. It sounds so weird when the one I’m referring to is younger than me.

“You knew that I’m coming?” Krystal tilted her head to look at me but I turned my back on her to avoid her looking at my red face. “No. What I meant is I prepared beds in case my relatives or friends came over for a sleepover. You’re my guest so you can sleep there.”

“I…kind of like you”

“Hah? You like me?” My eyes widen at her statement and my heart beats fast. She likes me..?

“As a friend of course.” And poof. There goes my hopes. Stupid me. I should knew better. She’s married. What am I hoping for?

“Right…yeahh..as a friend. You’re my friend and I’m your friend. That’s cool,so I’m going to go to my room first and..if you need anything, just knock.” I smiled at her and walked up the stairs with an embarrassed face but little did I know, that she is looking at me with a blush on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alright. Okay. This is a lame update from me. I'm sorry. I do this in a rush. hahahhaha...I have plans to do the third one for "Dear Madam" but it won't be out soon since I'm too busy. It's Min Hyuk, guys. XDDD  Anyway, thanks for the subscribes and comments! Regarding the first chapter,"Should I keep this love", the sequel of it? let me think of it.....huehuheuheuheuheuheuheuehuehuehe