Strawberries and Cookie Dough

Never Ending

It was a fairly cool day in mid- October. Sunlight still managed to shine through the cracks of clouds that invaded the sky, and the once luscious green areas of grass were covered in a blanket of crunchy brown leaves. 

 
The two maknaes wandered down the averagely empty pathways that were tunnelled in by trees that branched over on both sides. 
 
Promotions were ending soon, and the band had a day off today, so it was a perfect opportunity for the two 
to spend some time together away from the dorm. 
 
Hwanhee took hold of Xiao's hand that fit perfectly with his, and gazed lovingly at the guy beside him. The other glanced up to meet eyes with his boyfriend before quickly looking away and smiling like an idiot, a faint blush creeping upon his cheeks. 
 
"Why are you being like that?" Xiao asked, slightly giggling. 
 
"Because you're just so pretty. Am I not allowed to look at you?" Hwanhee said jokingly. The younger just laughed lightly and shook his head. 
 
"Anyway," the older added. "What should we do?" 
 
Xiao thought for a moment. 
 
"Hmm...We could get ice cream!"
 
"But I thought you said you were on a diet?" 
 
The younger sent a glare towards his boyfriend. 
 
"I like ice cream." 
 
Hwanhee, slightly taken aback, agreed with the other. 
 
"Woah, okay. Let's get ice cream."
 
 
-----------------------------------
 
 
 
Like small, overreactive children, the two were insanely close to just pressing their eager faces against the glass. In front of them laid out a rainbow of varying flavours of delectable creamy delight. 
 
"What flavour are you thinking of getting?" Hwanhee asked Xiao, not taking his eyes off of the ice cream for even a single second.
 
 "I might get strawberry, I don't know."
 
"That's so ordinary." 
 
"...Well, what was you thinking of getting?" 
 
Hwanhee gasped. "THEY DO COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM!" 
 
"Hwanhee-yah! Quieten down a little!  The whole place doesn't need to hear what type of ice cream you're getting." 
 
 "Umm...Excuse me boys, but are you ready to order? You've been there for a while..." Interrupted the fairly young lady, who had been waiting for probably around a dreadful ten minutes, behind the counter.
 
 
-------------------------------------
 
 
 
"Can I try some of yours?" Xiao asked the older, who was contently eating his own ice cream. Hwanhee hesitated before holding out his for the other to take a bite. 
 
The younger, while chewing, nodded. 
 
"It tastes good." 
 
Hwanhee accidentally snickered, grabbing his boyfriend's attention. 
 
"What?" Xiao asked.
 
The older fairly roughly squished his sleeved hand into the other's face, causing the other's face to scrunch up.
 
"You had ice cream on your nose." Hwanhee laughed. 
 
"Oh." The latter said bashfully. 
 
 
----------------------------------
 
 
 
As the evening grew darker, the two continued to wander through the small streets, occasionally stopping to admire something through shop windows. All of a sudden, Hwanhee's phone began to ring. It was Jinhoo. 
 
"Yeobeoseyo?" 
 
"Where are you two? It's getting late, you should probably get back soon." 
 
"We're completely fine, hyung. We won't stay out much longer." Hwanhee reassured. 
 
"HELLO HWANHEE AND XIAOOOO" A muffled voice could be heard in the background. 
 
"...Okay. Don't forget we have to be up early tomorrow!" The leader reminded the two. 
 
"We won't" The two said in sync. 
 
"See you later." 
 
"Bye hyung." 
 
And with that, Hwanhee ended the call. 
 
"He sounds just like my mother." Xiao complained. 
 
"I know right?" The other agreed. 
 
 
----------------------------------
 
 
 
"So how was your date~?" Sunyoul asked excitedly, being the other overly fussed mother of the place. 
 
"It wasn't exactly a date, hyung." Hwanhee replied. 
 
"Of course it was! You and Xiao went out, alone, and you're in a relationship. That kind of means you went on a date. Where did you go?" 
 
The maknae looked at Sunyoul a little weirdly. 
 
"We just got some ice cream, went for a walk and stuff. Why?"
 
"But didn't you guys say you were on a diet?" 
 
"...I really wouldn't bring that up." 
 
"How simple of a date." Wei stated. 
 
"Well it isn't like I can take Xiao some fancy restaurant yet, is it?" 
 
Kogyeol, with Kuhn's arm around his waist, joined the small conversation. 
 
"Just wait until you're older." He said, before smiling brightly at the co-leader and briefly kissing his cheek. 
 
Hwanhee didn't really understand what he meant by that, but just nodded anyway. 
 
Suddenly the other maknae appeared into the room. 
 
"I heard my name?" 
 
"It's nothing. Let's go." Hwanhee replied and smiled. He got up and left the room with the other, hand in hand. 
 
"They are just so cute together." Sunyoul said softly. 
 
"I hope they stay together for a long time." Kogyeol added. 
 
 
-----------------------------------
 
 
Why hello there again smol bananas 🍌🍌
 
Is it okay if I use the term 'smol bananas'? I don't even know where it came from. I suppose I just thought it was cool, because y'know, I'm totally cool. .-. 
 
Anyway, I hope this chapter's okay, not so much fluffiness BUT hopefully soon I'll write more SUPER fluffiness. ✨
 
I've started to include the other members quite a bit more, does that seem okay? 
 
Oh yeah, and U10T released their comeback photo teaser like yesterday or so 😭 I don't see many people talking about how Hwanhee's kinda looking at Xiao's abs in the photo though 😉