A Long Road Ahead

Never Ending

Hwanhee noticed that as time went on, the younger started to grow more of an attitude, but he didn't mind. Although they were just becoming a little more comfortable around each other, the amazing feeling of newly bloomed love still remained.

 
The first days of fluttering butterflies in stomachs soon turned into weeks of even more passionate love. 
 
And on a side note, the group's debut was right in sight. 
 
 
 
It was the night before their first showcase, and the dorm was a circus show of tossing clothes, hysterical leaders and Sunyoul having a mental breakdown in the corner. 
 
"HWANHEE-YAH! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?!" Jinhoo yelled ear-piercingly loud.
 
The group's beagle was currently half hanging out of the window, and their dorm was on the 4th floor. 
 
"I dropped something out of the window and I'm trying to reach it, I can see it!" 
 
"ARE YOU INSANE YOU COULD FALL! GET BACK INSIDE!" 
 
"It's okay hyung I'll be fine!" 
 
"How the hell did you even- you know what, never mind." And with that, Jinhoo walked out of the maknaes' room. Them two never listened to him anyway. At least he wouldn't be sued if that kid fell and died. 
 
In the kitchen stood Bitto leaning against the counter eating cup noodles, trying to keep himself from having a meltdown and watching the frenzy in front of him. 
 
"Aren't you supposed to be preparing for tomorrow?" Kuhn asked, appearing out of nowhere. 
 
Bitto glanced over at the panicked Sunyoul from across the room. 
 
"...I'll wait until later." 
 
---------------------
 
 
 
With their faces just inches apart, the maknaes embraced in the middle of their moonlit room. 
 
"I'm actually really scared for tomorrow." Xiao admitted quietly 
 
"Me too, but we'll be okay." The other said reassuringly.
 
The younger shifted his gaze to the window, where underneath them laid the illuminated busy streets and buildings below. 
 
"I miss her so much." 
 
Hwanhee knew he was talking about his mother. He took the other's hand and intertwined the other's fingers with his. 
 
"She'll be so proud of you." 
 
The latter looked back at his boyfriend, tears starting to brim in his eyes. Hwanhee moved closer to Xiao until his lips gently met with the other's. 
 
After a moment, the older pulled away. 
 
"We should probably get some rest." 
 
The other nodded. 
 
After another quick kiss, the two separated to get into their beds. 
 
"Goodnight." 
 
"Sleep well."
 
"I love you." the older said, looking straight in the eyes of his lover from across the room. 
 
Xiao replied with a heartwarming eye smile. 
"I love you too." 
 
 
--------------
 
 
The maknae's woke to the sound of a soft knocking on their door. It was still dark. Why would someone need them at this time at night? 
 
"What on earth? It's probably like 2 in the morning!" Xiao whispered. 
  
Hwanhee sleepily walked to the door.  to be greeted by a certain baby faced rapper. 
 
"Hwanhee-yah." Bitto whispered in a pleading tone. "Can I sleep with you, I'm really freaked out about tomorrow and I don't want to be alone like this. Please?" 
 
The younger blinked repeatedly blinked with eyes half squinted at the other. Partly because of the light of the hallway practically melting his eyes, partly because it was such a random request at what time in the night? 12? 1am? 2am? 
 
"Sure." Hwanhee said, only half awake. With the lack of brain function at the moment, he'd probably regret agreeing in the morning. Bitto wasn't the quietest sleeper in the world. 
 
Without no more questions, Bitto just joined the other in his bed. The bed was only made for one person, but they guessed that'll just have to do. 
 
Xiao gave his boyfriend a look which was a mixture of a frown and a weird expression. The other just shrugged his shoulders, being just as confused as him. 
 
 
-------------------------------------
 
 
 
Today was the day. After long stage rehearsals, perfected makeup, flawless hair, and jumpsuits, the time to shine was now moments away. 
 
The ten boys huddled together like lost penguins, completely new to this big place and trying to reassure each other. Amongst the crowd stood the maknae staring at the ground in deep thought. 
 
"This is it." He mentally spoke.
 
Suddenly, he felt an arm being thrown over his shoulder, and looked up to see the oh so familiar reassuring smile. The latter smiled back, now feeling more courageous and hopeful than he previously did. 
 
With Hwanhee, everything is so much easier for Xiao. All it takes is one look, one smile, one kiss or three words, and every doubt, every worry, or any negative feeling he ever felt is banished. He really didn't know what he'd do without him. 
 
 
-------------------------------------
 
 
All the members nervously made it to the stage, in front of them sat hundreds of people all focusing on them. Just them. Only them. They could all feel their hearts thumping in their chests; a nasty mixture of anxiety and adrenaline pumped through their veins. The time was now. 
 
----------------------------------
 
 
After the performance was finished, and the chorus of fans' screaming and cheering, it felt as a something heavy had just lifted off of their chest. The audience really loved them, and that meant so much. 
 
Feeling exhilarated, the boys all left the stage and made their way to the dressing room. 
 
"Sunyoul hyung, are you okay?" Gyujin asked the rather feminine member beside him. He was trembling, and seemed to be in deep thought. 
 
Sunyoul looked up to the other and gave a bright smile. "I'm okay. I'm just so overwhelmed with emotions right now, but it feels amazing." 
 
 
 
Xiao looked up to see the other maknae waiting for him, a small grin on his lips. He immediately ran into Hwanhee's arms and tightly hugged the other back, nearly making the two fall over. 
 
"We did it." The youngest said with complete euphoria. 
 
"We did." 
 
Xiao leaned in and locked his lips with the other's. Hwanhee slowly moved his hands so that they were gently cupping his boyfriend's face. 
 
Suddenly intentional violent gagging sounds could be heard from a familiar red head in the background. 
 
"Just because you're single." Hwanhee spat, sending deathly glares simultaneously. 
 
"I'd rather be single than be in a relationship like yours." Wooshin said maliciously. 
 
"Besides," 
 
The visual slowly approached Xiao until his face was just dangerously inches away from the other's. Hwanhee couldn't help but grow even more infuriated but managed to restrain himself from slapping the out of that pretty face of his. 
 
"I can get whoever I want." 
 
Instantaneously Wooshin pressed his lips against the shocked maknae's cheek. 
 
Hwanhee never knew he had the ability to actually violently shove someone and make their head slam against the wall behind them, but it turns out he could. Before the older could even let out another word the loud kid beat him to it. 
 
"Stay the away from us. Find someone else to mess around with. We're perfectly happy together and we don't need YOU ruining everything!" 
 
For once Wooshin actually looked surprised. Unexpectedly his eyes turned dark as they stared intensely down at the younger.
 
"How dare you talk to your hyung like that." 
 
"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do? Tell Jinhoo hyung? He can't control me." 
 
The visual lowered himself so that his face was parallel to the furious other. His horrific glare started to unnerve Hwanhee until his blood ran cold. 
 
"I can make your life a living hell if I really want to. Don't underestimate the things that I could do to you. " 
 
Before the younger could reply, the red haired member stood straight and calmly left the scene to return to the others. 
 
Hwanhee turned around to face his boyfriend, who had eyes the size of the moon. 
 
"Sorry."  
 
"It's okay, it's just I've never seen you get that angry before." 
 
"Heheh.." The older said while rubbing the back of his head in slight awkwardness. "Yeah."
 
"Anyway, we should probably go and join them, we need to celebrate with them!" Hwanhee stated. Xiao nodded. 
 
And so the two went to find the other members. 
 
 
-------------------------------------
 
Soon after watching how they did on stage, all ten boys spent the rest of the evening being hysterical. The dorm was filled with nothing but cheering (screeching) kids and the sounds of drinks and pizza being indulged. At one point Kuhn was leading a mini conga around the dorm wearing a lampshade as headgear. No one really knew why. 
 
 
"Here's to everyone here, who's worked hard in getting where we are, and I hope that from today onwards, we will work hard to become even more successful." Kogyeol called to everyone for a 'cheers'. 
 
The chink of everyone's glasses filled the room. 
 
"Cheers." 
 
 
And so that was it, UP10TION's journey to becoming one of the popular bands in the Kpop world had begun.  
 
--------------------------
 
OKAY GUYS I AM SO SORRY IT HAS BEEN LIKE HALF A YEAR I KNOW AND I DONT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE AS TO WHY I MADE YOU ALL WAIT SO LONG SO IF YOU EVER FIND OUT WHO I AM AND FIND ME I GIVE YOU FULL PERMISSION TO SHOOT ME IN THE FACE
 
 
ALSO I KNOW THAT THIS IS FROM DEBUT ERA AND THAT THEY'RE SOON COMING BACK WITH THEIR 3RD MINI ALBUM AND I HAVE TO CATCH UP I'M HAVING A CRISIS OVER THAT OKAY 
 
And I checked this fanfic the other day for like the first time in ages and HOLY LIKE 2700 VIEWS?! HOW. (like seriously I'm so bad in English class 😂)
 
So thank you so much I love you all smol bananas 😚🍌
 
And as time's gone on, yes Wooshin isn't actually as evil as I thought but why tf not carry on with him being evil, I have a pretty good idea of what to write in the future ✨
 
Anyway, once again I'm really sorry and thank you!! 😭💕