A small crack

Memories

"Did he really call you a puppy?", his dongsaeng grinned at him while holding his coffee in his hands, dimples gracing each of his cheeks.
Taekwoon stared at him for a while not understanding how the younger only paid attention on this part of his story.
Hongbin however could read the message Taekwoon was sending with just his eyes, thanks to the years of practice back in college and nodded understandingly sending an equally quiet message back 'It'll be alright! The nightmares will stop.'

"Today our music course will work together with the art course", the teacher announced. This was nothing new. The professor for arts was the music professor's girlfriend so they used every time they could get together on the campus. The students were always happy about this change in their usual normal routine and their work always became a big success so no one made a fuss of it. It was their second collaboration and Hongbin's partner from last time, a kid called Wonshik was missing. He scanned the room for another potential partner and only found a boy who was sitting alone, looking at all the people who were already happily chitchatting as if they are the weirdest thing he's ever seen. Seeing no other chance than to work with this seemingly weird and new kid he sat down beside him flashing one of his dimple smiles at him.
"Hello there! I'm Hongbin and since everyone already paired up the last time and Wonshikki isnt here today...I'm your new partner.", it kinda made Hongbin nervous as there was silence for a long time until he heard a soft 'Oh' followed by a "I'm Taekwoon...nice to meet you. Wonshik is no longer here.", the boy with the soft voice frowned a bit while saying this. "His parents need help with their café."


"Are you guys daydreaming?", both, Hongbin and Taekwoon blinked as they realized that the young barista of their favorite café was behind them resting his hands on their shoulders, one on Taekwoon's and one on Hongbin's.
"Yaaaaaaah! Don't you have to work, Kim Wonshik? Don't be such a lazy bum and serve your customers!", Hongbin said in a playfully annoyed tone before making space for his friend. "Just be quiet, Lee Hongbin! Not everyone can make money by taking pictures.", Wonshik snapped back pushing the other as he rolled his eyes.
Taekwoon just watched the scene quietly. Those two always have been like that. Quarreling and bickering but deep in their hearts they knew that they were best friends. As Taekwoon listened to them he drifted of to his memories of the past.

"Ra-...vi?", Taekwoon blinked irritated at his roommate. "Yeah! Sounds cool right? It is my name I use as rapper! If you need a cool rap when your team enters the field...I'm your man!", he earned yet another blink from the completely confused Taekwoon. 'Ravi' laughed as he saw Taekwoon's confused expression and then introduced himself as Kim Wonshik, son of a café owner and a postman, which finally made Taekwoon relax a bit while he introduced himself.
"I'm Jung Taekwoon...uhmm...my mother is not working and my father...", he tilted his head to the side and mumbled the word 'engineer' a few times but could't describe it further.


"You have to leave the college?", Taekwoon frowned as he was sitting on his bed, his foot in a heavy cast with signatures of his whole football team, while Wonshik was busily packing his things. Wonshik dropped his shoulders and let himself have a short break from packing while throwing himself on Taekwoon's bed. "My mom is sick and the co-workers in the café are all new since we moved locations and needed personal now...and...someone who knows the business has to take care of everything...we need the money. So...", he looked up to his newly made friend. They've been living for about one month as roommates now and suddenly Taekwoon should be left alone? Not that he would mind...but somehow he grew to live with Wonshik's mess of clothes and sheets with raps all over the small room and he grew used to the person Wonshik was. He was so far his only friend here. Besides this overly clingy boy from the psychology course who made it his mission to follow Taekwoon wherever he went. "Don't worry! We will still be friends, Leo hyung!", Wonshik made up this ridiculous nickname for him making fun of how Taekwoon reminded him of a cat. "It's a promise! Our café is not far from here! If you want to you can visit me,aye? Plus you have this creepy guy Hakyeon and I'll tell Hongbin to look after you. He's a nice guy from the arts class you'll change to soon. Since my place is free now and you can't play soccer anymore.", he directed a meaningful glance towards Taekwoon's cast. 
Taekwoon just hummed.

Guess what Wonshik forgot...or whom he forgot to inform that he's leaving.


Taekwoon shook his head and smiled a bit at the memory.
Suddenly he felt a cold hand gripping his heart as he looked at the big clock at the wall of the café.
"Damn....", it was nearly 6pm...his support group!
"What's wrong?", Wonshik asked curiously as Taekwoon was fishing the card out of his pocket.
"Ohhhhh~ You go to this group as well? My friend Sanghy-....", Ravi looked at the clock as well.
"...nononononono...I promised Hyukkie to bring him to his group! Taekwoon I'll take you with me if you want. Alone you'll not make it on time."
As they were rushing out of the café to Wonshik's car Taekwoon was like in trance.


Hyukkie....Sanghy-.....
He was trying to finish the name, since hearing this name made something inside him crack.
A wall around his brain with a tiny crack.

Sanghyuk...

 

 

 

                                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okayyyyy I hope that I'll continue to update this quickly tbh...but I know myself
 

Four subs shortly after I posted the foreword and the first chapter...I....thank youuuuu~ /throws hearts/
I'll try to make this story really good!!!! I really do! Please bear with my stupid self and uhmm....have fun reading!'
And if you want to leave a comment...don't be shy~ ^~^