Chapter 9: Me before You

Dear Seungcheol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R 9

(Yooi's POV)

You know what’s the difference between Daegu and Seoul? Seoul makes you feel small. Small in a way that there’s so many people around you and you don’t even know where you belong, what you stand in life. When I was in Daegu, I remember being the princess of my own world, but here? I’m the princess who has lost its kingdom.

“You seem dazed. Any problem?” My patient, Wonwoo, asked as he stopped reading his book. He was reading that book entitled “me before you” ever since he woke up.

“Nope, I’m good. By the way, have you talked to your friends? They still want to see you” I said.

“I’ll talk to them once I get out from here” he said,

“By the way, you have a friend, I presume, that wants to see me” I said. I saw wonwoo’s eyes widen.

“Who? Why?” He asked.

“I don’t know, but my supervisor said that some guy wanted to see me, and take note, he was actually angry. He’ll be here later I guess” I said.

“Can you not see him?” Wonwoo pleaded.

“What? Why?”

“Nothing. I just feel like you don’t have to see him. Or talk to him. He can talk to me instead” he answered.

“But your friend wants to talk to me, not you. Why? What’s the problem with him?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

“Hey, you’ve been reading that book since earlier this morning. You’re a booklover?” I asked again, avoiding the previous topic about him not wanting me to see his friend.

“Sorta, I love this book. It’s pretty … interesting” he said.

“What is the book about?”

“Love. Selfless love” Wonwoo answered as he avoided my gaze.

“Have you … fallen in love before?” I asked out of the blue. I know I shouldn’t ask such question to my patient but it’s getting pretty boring.

“Yes” He answered shortly.

“And what happened?”

“I don’t know” he answered.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” I chuckled.

“I don’t know because I haven’t tried confessing to her, or talking to her. She’s always so close yet so far away” He answered with a heavy sigh.

“Then why not try to tell her how you feel. Is it complicated?”

“Before yes, she has a boyfriend. And her boyfriend was my friend. But now they’re already apart, but I still can’t tell her what I feel because things will be crazy” he answered.

“Don’t you like being crazy?” I asked and he suddenly looked at me, brows meeting together because of confusion “You know? Being crazy. Being Reckless. Not thinking what others would think because what you love and care for is more important. Her before anything else”

“Well, I sometimes want to be reckless but … it’s just not me, I’m usually the silent type.” He answered

“And that silence is already killing you inside, I see.” I chuckled and shook my head sideways.

“How about you, Nurse Min? have you fallen in love before?”

“Me? I fell in love of course. Madly, Deeply and truly in love” I answered the truth.

“Then what happened? Are you still together?” He asked again

“He decided to leave our small world to enter a bigger one. Guess I was the only whose in love. He decided to leave me because other things are more important” I said. And the bitterness still hits me. I thought I was over with this phase. It’s been years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter