MEET THE MOTHER, MEET THE TRUTH

Risk

 

“Taeng, tetetaeng-taeng..”

“Tae-Tae?”         

“Oh Fany!”

“How’s Seohyun?”

“Doctor said today’s her last day, so we can leave tomorrow.”

“That’s good! So what do you want to eat? Yoona and I will bring dinner.”

“It’s ok Fany. Mom’s coming, she’ll bring us food.”

“Oh. Ok. We’ll just stay at home so you can spend time with your mom.”

“No. It’s ok Fany. I told mom that you and Yoona are coming. Let’s not disappoint her.”

“Are you sure with that Tae-Tae?”

“Yeah! Don’t worry. Mom loves company.”

“Ok Tae. I’ll text you when we’re coming. I still need to fetch Yoona from school.”

“Sure Fany. Take care!”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

-BEEP-BEEP-

“What took you so long?” Tiffany asked with her angry face on.

Yoona entered the car with an exited expression.

“What is that?” Tiffany pointed out to what Yoona was holding.

“Flowers!” she proudly answered.

“For?”

“For Seohyun. I just knew that she loves flowers, especially baby breathes. Aren’t they pretty unni?” Yoona sniffed on the flowers that she was holding.

Tiffany just gave her cousin a face of disgust.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

-KNOCK-KNOCK-

“Come in!”

(Hmm. That’s not Tae-Tae’s voice.) Tiffany opened the door and Yoona followed behind.

“Hi! You must be Tiffany and Yoona.” A lady around her early 50’s welcomed the girls.

Tiffany and Yoona already had ideas of who she is. They just gave the lady a sly smile.

“Here girls, take your seats. Taeyeon’s helping Seohyun wash-up. By the way I’m Hayeon, Taeyeon and Seohyun’s mother.” The lady introduced herself.

“Hi! Nice to meet you Ma’am.” Tiffany offered her hand for a shake.

“These flowers are for Seohyun.” The cute Yoona handed them to Hayeon.

“Ahh. Baby breathes, Seohyun’s favorite.” Yoona gave a shy smile and bowed her head.

“You know, my girls shred a lot of things about both of you.” The two girls glanced at each other.

“I’m so thankful that my girls have you. I owe you girls a lot.” Her eyes were watering, while Tiffany and Yoona were getting touched by the emotion woman in front of them.

“That’s enough mom.” Taeyeon gave her mom a look and turned her sight to Tiffany.

“Yoona!”

“Seohyun!”

The older woman didn’t expect the two young girls’ reaction.

“Are they really that close?” she whispered to Taeyeon and Tiffany who were setting dinner.

“How long have you been friend?” she asked.

Tiffany and Taeyeon gave each other a secret look.

Taeyeon patted her mom’s shoulder, “To tell you the truth mom, less than a week.”

Her mom got surprised, wide eyes them all.

“The way you talk about them, it’s like you knew them for years already.”

The four girls eyed one another.

“Let’s just have dinner. I’m hungry.” Seohyun whined.

Everyone grabbed their plates.

Yoona sat with Seohyun at the hospital bed, Tiffany and Taeyeon at the watcher’s bed while Hayeon sat at the couch.

After dinner, Taeyeon shared to her mom how she met Tiffany while everyone listened.

“You know, the way you two met, it was like destiny brought you to each other. You know, through your love for music and the bracelet.” Hayeon shared her thoughts.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“Now it’s my turn to share.” The older woman said with excitement.

“Oh God. Mom I think they’re not interested.” Taeyeon said with alarm.

“Yeah mom. I don’t think they wanna hear your stories.” Seohyun whined.

“Oh sure we do, right Yoong?” Tiffany glanced at Yoona.

Yoona nodded and Seohyun gave her a DON’T LET HER look.

“See? They wanna hear me. So, did you know that these two girls used to fight? Taeyeon was the tough kind of girl; she’d always follow her brother and play with him instead of Seohyun. Seohyun was the girly type of kid and she’s really into her studies so she’d ask her older sister to come with her, but Taeyeon would ignore her.” Hayeon kept on sharing while Tiffany and Yoona would laugh. On the other hand, Taeyeon and Seohyun would hide their faces caused by embarrassment.

It was almost 11pm that they finished their story telling. Yoona fell asleep beside Seohyun at the hospital bed.

They all decided that Tiffany and Yoona should sleep with them again.

Tiffany slept on the couch while her head was rested on Taeyeon’s lap who was sitting asleep on the end of it.

Hayeon slept at the watcher’s bed where the young girls forced her to stay so she’d be comfortable.

In the middle of the night, the nurse checked on Seohyun, Hayeon would notice the door open and watched the nurse check on her little girl.

Thirty minutes had passed; she wasn’t able to get back to sleep.

She walked around the room and Tiffany; as an easy sleeper noticed the presence of the woman walking back and forth.

“Oh! Did I wake you up Tiffany? I’m sorry.” She apologized.

“No. It’s ok ma’am.” Tiffany rubbed her eyes still half asleep.

“Don’t they look pretty?” the older woman praised her children, giving them both her sight.

“They sure are. You’re really luck to have daughters like them ma’am.” Tiffany stood up.

“Thanks Tiffany. They’re also lucky to have you and Yoona.”

Tiffany bowed her head with a smile as she sat on the watcher’s bed.

“If only Taeyeon hadn’t left the group, I bet she’d be luckier, but it went the other way around.” Hayeon continued.

“Huh?” Tiffany was confused.

“I bet she didn’t share it to you.”

Tiffany shook her head.

“I think you’re the type of person who’d understand, and Taeyeon trusts you so much so I guess I can tell you about it.” She sat beside Tiffany on the bed.

Tiffany had her whole attention on her.

“Taeyeon kept this a secret to everyone, except us; her family, and her boss before.” Both of their eyes were on the sleeping Taeyeon.

“They had a performance; everyone was on the side-stage preparing. Taeyeon noticed that her lucky bracelet was not with her so she went back to their dressing room. I don’t know if it was really not her day but there was no one inside the dressing room that’s supposed to the waiting room for their PAs, make-up artist, stylist, and etcetera. When she got in, she looked for her bracelet and noticed someone entered, a man. And then it happened.” She couldn’t say the word.

Tiffany sat there with a very shocked expression, covering her wide open mouth.

“After that, Taeyeon changed. She wasn’t able to concentrate on her career, she kept on crying and her world just wasn’t the same. She had to go on therapy and everything, but after that, the company didn’t let her come back. Instead, she was transferred to the scouting department. At least now, after she met you, I can see my little Taeyeon back to what she was before.” She held Tiffany’s hand tight and looked at her sincerely,

“Thank you so much for bringing her back to this colorful world Tiffany. Thank you.”

 “I’ll take care of her ma’am. Don’t worry.”

“Thanks Tiffany. And don’t call me ma’am, its ok. Better call me mom. I’ll ask Yoona too.” Hayeon smiled and so did Tiffany.

“You should go back to sleep so you could rest. Oh by the way, on Sunday to Tuesday we’ll have a family bonding, if you and Yoona aren’t busy or something, you can join us.” She patted Tiffany’s head softly.

Tiffany nodded, “Thank you!”

“No worries.”