Chapter 2

A Chance Encounter

That's pretty much how the rest of the year went. But then high school happened.

 

Han was the popular choir kid and I was stuck at the end of the line. People called me teacher’s pet and picked on me. Han and I grew farther and farther apart. High school was like that for three years and then I had to move.

 

I was moving back home. Back to South Korea. Where I was raised.

 

"H-Hua?" Han saw my moving truck.

 

"Yes Han?" I said as I was carrying boxes out.

 

"Y-You're moving?" Han looked at me.

 

"Yep. My parents want me back home. They only sent me here because of the good school with no bullies and now that I'm having problems again they're going to move me back," I looked at him with dead eyes.

 

"Hua," Han frowned and looked into my eyes.

 

He was slowly starting to cry.

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Han stepped closer.

 

"You were busy. I didn't really tell anyone except Xiu and Xun. They smiled and hugged me and said their goodbyes," I sighed and put the last box in the truck.

 

"B-But. What about me? Why didn't you tell me? I am your best friend!" Han looked at me.

 

"You were Han. We didn't hang out for almost all of high school!" I started to get angry.

 

"That's because I was scared!" Han yelled back.

 

"Scared of what?! That you'd get made fun of?! That wouldn't of happened! It would've just been me! It's always just me!" I yelled at him.

 

"I was scared you'd push me away!" Han screamed.

 

"Why would I push you away?! I lo-," I stopped.

 

"You what?" Han looked at me.  

 

"N-Nothing just leave," I started to cry.

 

"Hua!" Han grabbed me and pulled me closer.

 

"W-What?" I looked up at him.  

 

"I love you too," Han smiled and kissed me right then and there.

 

I immediately melted into the kiss. Han pulled me closer and I smiled. I flung my arms around his neck and opened my mouth slightly for him. He opened his eyes and looked at me. I smiled and he smiled back. He pushed his way into my mouth and I kissed him back. He took his time tasting the inside of my mouth and it felt so good. We broke apart panting. A single line of saliva connecting us.

 

I put my head on his chest and he laughed.

 

"Li Hua, will you go out with me?" Han looked down at me.

 

"Of course Lu Han," I smiled and we went inside.

 

"I'm glad I got to do that before you left," Han smiled and hugged me from behind.

 

"Me too," I smiled and we sat down on the floor.

 

"Sorry no couch or furniture. Sold it," I smiled and looked at him.

 

"I'm happy as long as I get to sit with you till you have to leave. Then I will go with you to the airport and I will see you off. But not before giving you this," Luhan handed me a necklace.

It looked like a circle surrounded by sideways parentheses and then little connected circles on the outside.

"Han," I smiled and looked at him.

 

"It's my favorite symbol. I have one just like it. This way if you ever feel lonely look down and remember I am always here for you," Han smiled and kissed me.

 

The alarm on my phone went off. Time to go to the airport.

 

"Hannie, I love you," I smiled as we got up.

 

"I love you too, hua," Han smiled and we walked out to the car and drove to the airport.

 

As soon as we got there I was thinking about home. I was scared. My school I will be going to is the same one I left. I have changed though. I sighed and Han looked at me.

 

"What's wrong?" Han looked at me.

 

"Home. I really don't want to go back. I will be going to the same school I left. I’m scared,” I looked at him.

 

“I will come to South Korea after this year. I have almost enough money. I will come for college,” Han looked at me.

 

“Are you sure?” I looked up at him.

 

“Very. You can show me around and I can learn Korean and everything,” he smiled at me.

 

“I would like that,” I smiled and kissed him.

 

“Flight 755 to South Korea now boarding,” the over-com alerted me.

 

“That’s my flight,” I sighed.

 

“I love you,” Han rested his forehead against mine.

 

“I love you too,” I kissed him one last time before I boarded my plane.

 

As my plane took off I could see Han at the window waving. I smiled and took a picture.

 

‘I love you. I hope this year goes quickly.’ I sighed and closed my eyes to sleep.