five

this feeling

"it is time for you to know, though.” taekwoon started, after having hakyeon excusing himself to the bathroom to shower and they knew he shower for a long time.

“about what?” jaehwan glanced at taekwoon while eating his cereal.

“hakyeon, as you know. since you had made out with him, i'm surprised that you didn’t do anything further.”

last night had only been kissings and cuddles, jaehwan's lips were itching to say that he loved hakyeon but he didn't know why he couldn't. maybe, maybe they could do more than those. “i don’t like it- we’re not official yet.”

 

“good to know. remember the day when hakyeon kissed you? i saw it, and after that hakyeon was screaming all around like a little girl, he was relieved that you decided to leave so quickly. and that small kiss on the cheek, he had planned it all along but he was afraid of how you would react to it. its really good to see hakyeon looking so happy like that.”

 

“so, what does that mean?"

he wasn't sure why the idea of hakyeon liking him back didn't really get into him.

 

“don’t play stupid, jaehwan. you know he likes you. and you like him too. I know I sound too forceful but, you better get him as soon as possible. I don’t know, I just like seeing both of you being together.” 

"thanks, hyung," jaehwan smiled, "so you ship us now?"

"oh hell i do"

 

“you know,” hakyeon voiced so loud, it beat the song that was playing loudly on taekwoon’s ears and he decided to get rid of them. he grinned at his best friend because of his attention then, “jaehwan’s birthday is gonna be in two days.” 

taekwoon rolled his eyes to the other, “hakyeon, you’re counting down since last week.” 

“i know! but, I don’t know. i’m just so excited. it’s like ive never been as excited as this for someone’s birthday.” 

“someone’s falling in love. what are you going to do for your little crush’s birthday?” 

“buy him presents? cook him meals?” 

“, hakyeon, that’s the best option.” 

hakyeon made a shocked expression. “you’re disgusting, taekwoon. i hope people know that you’re actually this type of guy! i doubt if our close friends know this side of you either.” 

“hey! i was kidding, and you know me better to assume that i’m a ert.” 

hakyeon decided to not talk about it further and got reminded about his plans. “we’re going shopping tomorrow. and I will trick jaehwan that we’re going on a ‘date’ but then I will cancel it and he will be so disappointed and-“ 

“wow, hakyeon, you’re so mean. I hope people know that youre actually this type of guy!” taekwoon mocked to hakyeon and laughed because of his own, so-called-joke which earned a glare and a hit on the shoulder from hakyeon. 

but hakyeon didn’t stop hitting him, actually, still glaring at taekwoon even though he was letting out hurtful sounds, like hakyeon was waiting for a nice reply from him. “but- that’s a great idea!” 

“good! you should call eunji because shes gonna help me with the foods! and- it’s gonna be a small party… and call sanghyuk too.” 

“sa-sanghyuk?” 

“yeah, why?” hakyeon asked like he was challenging him. 

“fine.”

 

taekwoon didn’t know where the feeling was coming from. once he had seen sanghyuk as some cute and cheerful hoobae but after one moment, it felt like he had fallen for him and he wasn’t sure who to blame but himself and his heart. he was becoming so nervous to anything related to sanghyuk or sanghyuk himself, but still managed to try to act like he was older and no need to be so shy towards him. but he kept on failing, and he was even nervous to call him. but he had to do it.

 

"hello?" he hadn't been seeing sanghyuk for weeks so hearing his voice was reliving him but also made him nervous even more.

"hi, sanghyuk, this is taekwoon."

"oh, h-hyung, what's up?"

taekwoon was going to explode but he was trying to hold down his feelings. "hakyeon said to invite you on jaehwan's birthday party, so you should come to jaehwan's house, okay? don't tell jaehwan about this." he wasn't sure why he could still speak clearly. "and bring your cousin with you?"

"alright hyung, i'll be there!"

"okay, see you,"

"see you too" and sanghyuk's sweet voice, taekwoon thought he would be dreaming of it at night. 

taekwoon finally breathed after he hung up the call. why did he start to act like that towards sanghyuk? although he knew, the answer was that, he was in love with him.