three

this feeling

after mo nths, their relationship was already close friends seeing of how much he and hakyeon had contacted and had even go on –dates-, it’s a good thing a lot of people hadn’t noticed that they’re close to each other. jaehwan had even had introduced sanghyuk to hakyeon and taekwoon and taekwoon was surprisingly welcoming to him, greeting him with a smile- which jaehwan was kind of envy because taekwoon didn’t spare a glance at him when they first met- and sanghyuk was busy hiding his reddening face behind jaehwan’s back every time he caught taekwoon staring at him.

 

 

“you know?” as sanghyuk sat down on the table across jaehwan, placing his tray on it.

 

“know what?” 

 

“that I like taekwoon hyung.” 

 

those words made jaehwan want to laugh so hard. of course he knew all along, it was really obvious but jaehwan was being so quiet because he was waiting for sanghyuk to admit it himself. 

 

the day before, they were at some football field along with hakyeon to watch taekwoon play. how jaehwan had never known of him being a football player, and he heard sanghyuk whispering ‘he’s so hot’ to himself when the match had started and taekwoon scored three goals at the end. he knew hakyeon hyung had probably known that jaehwan’s friend liked taekwoon, so when taekwoon asked for anything to hakyeon, hakyeon said he was too lazy and told sanghyuk to help him. and he did, sanghyuk couldn’t forget of how handsome he was and heck, THEIR HANDS TOUCHED FOUR TIMES. taekwoon had even patted sanghyuk’s shoulder as a thankful gesture, and another smile... sanghyuk felt like screaming and running around the whole football field, but it would be really weird so he decided to get back and sit down again beside jaehwan instead.

 

 

“already known since whenever. sanghyuk, i’m your friend, it’s easy for me to know.” 

 

then the other told him of how much desperate to yell at anyone about what happened there, he managed to go to his cousin (jaehwan had finally known that her name was minah) who seemed to freak out of how different taekwoon sunbae seemed to be. 

 

“is It possible for us to date, jaehwan? what if he likes girls!” 

 

“i’m not sure either, sanghyuk.” jaehwan played stupid, remembering of what hakyeon had said about taekwoon and eunji- leo doesn’t like girls – he was sure but he liked to play tricks until sanghyuk really needed to find out about that. “lets just see about it.”

 

 

in the afternoon sanghyuk asked for jaehwan’s company to take him to a market to prepare minah’s birthday party and jaehwan was more than agreeing because he loved shopping (but he wouldn’t admit it because it sounded so girly). 

 

he thought sanghyuk was so nice because his siblings hadn’t even done those kinds of things to him, he wondered if someone would do it later but he knew better than to expect it to happen. 

 

when he saw a packs of banana milk in the freezer he quickly got reminded of hakyeon. the older loved them so much, and when he called hakyeon yesterday he said he was having none banana milks left and it was making him sad. and he knew hakyeon wasn’t faking it. 

 

“jaehwan, should i- WHOA why are you buying so much!” 

 

jaehwan only smiled at him, “it’s for hakyeon hyung.” 

 

sanghyuk rolled his eyes, it was cute but how were they supposed to give them to hakyeon? “as expected. i’m totally not gonna help you with those.”

 

 

“hey, hyung. I want to give you something.” jaehwan said after hakyeon opened up his door and asked him what was he doing there. 

 

“what is that?” hakyeon was absolutely shocked seeing sanghyuk carrying five bags of..... banana milks?

 

 

“hello hyung, these are banana milks jaehwan hyung bought for you. gotta go now, bye!”

 

 

it was really hard for jaehwan to persuade hyuk to help him because he obviously couldn’t bring all those packs of banana milks in bags with two hands. (‘fine. you’re going to have a hard time bringing the stuffs for the birthday party all alone so take my car with you. pick me up later.’)

 

 

“you’re kidding me.” hakyeon said as soon as sanghyuk was gone.

 

wait-what? jaehwan didn't expect that reply. “you don’t like it?” 

 

“no- no it’s just that, its surprising. i’ve never bought myself this much before. and i’m happy, i sure like it. thank you.” and jaehwan tried to keep calm when hakyeon pulled him into a hug. “want to come in? i was working on my papers that should have be done on thursday.”

 

 

“where’s taekwoon hyung though?” taekwoon had always been around hakyeon's house but he couldn't see any hints of him. 

 

“he said he has something to do, but he’s just accompanying eunji shopping. that girl has a good fashion, haven’t mentioned that she’s a model before, right?” 

 

“that’s why she’s tall.” 

 

“and pretty. admit it that you do find her pretty.” 

 

“she…is?” but hyung is much prettier to me.

 

 

they spent the time together with jaehwan helping hakyeon up on his papers (although he had no clue what it was about) and battling games from their phones for the best score. it was late and jaehwan wondered why sanghyuk hadn't called him.

 

 

“jaehwan! i think i cant pick you up because my parents are here and they don’t let me go out at night.” 

 

jaehwan knew something like that would happen. "what am I going to do then?"

 

“i’m so sorry but you can take the bus?” 

 

jaehwan had known from when he picked up the call, hakyeon had been listening their conversation even if jaehwan was sure hakyeon could barely even hear what sanghyuk had said. but jaehwan caught him smiling a little when he hung up and jaehwan was so confused. 

 

“you can stay here if you want.” he turned around after he said that, so jaehwan couldn’t really see his quite- reddening face as he was pretending to take something from the fridge- he decided to pick up the ice cream from the freezer- when he felt jaehwan’s eyes were on his back. 

 

“should i, hyung? you won’t mind, right?” 

 

"of course i don't! i'm the one who asked, silly." how many times hakyeon had giving him the same smile and laugh at him, he still fell in love with them everytime.

 

 

“listen- jaehwan, i am gay.” hakyeon said all of sudden, “and I’m afraid to tell you this because- i don’t want to lose you. having you as a friend is already a good thing.” 

 

inside, jaehwan could feel his heart was about to explode because of the happiness that was bubbling in him. but he was also hurt because, why, would hakyeon think that way? 

 

“i-i actually am, too, hyung,"

 

"you are?" and hakyeon sighed happily. "oh my god, i thought i was gonna die while telling you that!"

 

"don't worry that much, hyung," jaehwan gave a pat on hakyeon's shoulder, “how about taekwoon hyung?” 

 

“he's the same. but he has no interested in me, yuck, neither do i. we’re more like brothers, and sometimes enemies but he loves me too much.”

 

and it was true. jaehwan had seen them mostly together all the time, and taekwoon didn't seem like he lived affections but he let hakyeon cuddle him for a while sometimes and it made jaehwan happy. he had no reason to be jealous of taekwoon anymore.