one

this feeling

cha hakyeon. 

a senior and a big gossiper, were the first thing freshmen heard from others about him once they got into the college. he wasn’t curious of him at first (because he had a motto: he wouldn’t give a to anything that wasn’t his business), but that was until people were talking bad about him, telling rumors –he believed that those were rumors – to almost everyone. jaehwan had even somehow believed that those things were true, but he remembered that wasn’t his business, and he knew nothing about hakyeon so it’s so wrong to think about something like that. 

he hadn’t seen him around even once which was strange, but not surprising, because he rarely spent his time in college other than attending his classes. hell, he barely even talked to people there. 

a friend who was from thr same major as him came to talk to jaehwan after a class they took together, right in front of the university’s building, sittin on one of the benches while accompanying his friend waiting for the bus to come.the topic came until they’re talking about the seniors and hakyeon. his friend swore he was like seeing danger every time he walked pass through hakyeon. it got jaehwan kinda terrified of him, too, somehow and wondered how the guy even look like or how did he act that could make anyone so scared of him.

“how does he look like, anyways?” 

“you haven’t seen him? he’s usually around the corridor of the arts building at these times, actually.” 

jaehwan wasn’t really sure how he felt after he put his eyes on the thin, black-haired guy who was wearing a plain t-shirt with a blue vest and blue jeans, a pair of black sneakers and a backpack hanging on his right shoulder. (jaehwan was kinda shocked of how much he had stared at him, he even knew the details like how his lips twitched a little when he was talking to the people who were with him). there was a difference between his friend’s impression about hakyeon and his. there was none of those, scary look and other bad things that had crossed jaehwan’s mind after he saw him. 

instead, jaehwan was dazed by him. he swore to himself that hakyeon was the most beautiful person on earth.

 

he walked alone after bidding goodbye to some girls he believed that jaehwan had a class with. hakyeon looked quite simple, actually. and pretty. he kept staring at how hakyeon seemed so friendly to everyone.

 

a week after he saw hakyeon, he made sure that he was actually brave enough to talk to him as he made way to the arts major corridors. well, he was also majored in art but he really had none interest passing that other way because they were way too many people there, but it was the seventh time he had walked pass it in one week. and he was confused. 

about what, would he talk to him? he had thought of it from last night and still couldn’t find a right think to be an excuse to talk to the older. about dancing? hell, jaehwan couldn’t even dance. about subjects? about how pretty he was? jaehwan shook his head in attempt to get rid of the thoughts of hakyeon being so perfect he might lose himself. focus, jaehwan. focus. 

and then there’s hakyeon wearing a different outfit from the last day he saw him; the day before (a pink shirt with the top button being ed…oh... black jeans, and some bracelets on his left arm). he saw hakyeon walking towards him, jaehwan felt himself freezing at the spot when hakyeon waved to his direction. the dirty blonde haired guy had looked around to check if hakyeon meant someone else, but there was no one around him. am i dreaming, should i run away from him? 

no. stay here. play cool, jaehwan. 

“hi, you must be jaehwan!” it was the first time he had seen hakyeon seemed so bright at how he grinned to jaehwan. 

jaehwan blinked to made sure if it was a reality and had bowed to hakyeon, “o-oh, sunbaenim. hello!” and realized- how did hakyeon know his name? he had never expected his to know anything about him, let alone even talking to him like that. nonetheless he was really happy that his sunbaenim did, he didn’t have to worry about not getting to talk to him until he’s graduated. 

hakyeon placed a small smile to jaehwan, “you’re working as a part time cashier at…” 

he was so beautiful up close, really. he could really see his features clearly like his eyes, his nose and his tempting- did he just think that hakyeon’s lips were tempting- lips and he could see a peek of his eyebrows from his fringes. and oh, he had never imagined himself could be that close to hakyeon, and he really wished they could stay like that a little bit longer for jaehwan to cherish the moment of him staring at-

“jaehwan?” 

. after trying hard to talk to him and he had finally got a chance, it was like jaehwan’s wasting the precious moment of his life. “i’m sorry sunbaenim, what is it again?” 

“i was asking if you could help me with some things. can you?” 

well, that was kind of shocking. jaehwan had really no clue what would hakyeon talk about to him before, though. “uh…sure! but what is the some things you’re talking about?” 

“yay thanks! i’ll tell you later~” hakyeon chuckled a little, “anyway i like your hair color. and you’re cute.” 

jaehwan felt himself turning hot and red after hakyeon said those words as he was starting walking away from jaehwan. no one had complimented his blond hair- his siblings even made fun of him because he didn’t look like he was korean anymore after he dyed it. but, was this all a dream? why was he like that to him? did he do this to every hoobae in college? probably yes. but he’s so damn nice, and if hakyeon’s only like that to jaehwan when he first met someone, jaehwan would feel really special. 

although he had only talked to hakyeon a little, he felt like he had already got close to him because of the things he knew about him. like the place he lived was surprisingly close to jaehwan’s apartment, and he was proud to himself because he hadn’t heard anybody talking about where he lived. 

(jaehwan kinda stalked him every day after that conversation happened. he followed him to his apartment’s building and had asked an old man there if he knew hakyeon and it was unexpected that he knew him and told his apt. number along with the floor. and no, jaehwan didn't feel like a creep at all.)

and later had happened, jaehwan smiled so brightly after he saw a message notification popping out of the bar on his phone. he had no plans to do that day, even if he did, he would do anything for hakyeon.

 

can you come over and help me with this? –hakyeon sunbaenim~

 

the message contained a picture, and jaehwan hated the world because his phone wouldn’t load the picture he had sent.

 

‘sure, hyung! i’ll be right there.’

 

(he set hakyeon’s number as ‘my lovable yoni’ with a heart shape at the end of the contact name on his phone. he would never let untrusted people borrow his phone anymore.)

 

(a weird thing was, he didn’t even think of how hakyeon got his number.)