two

this feeling

jaehwan was in front of hakyeon’s apartment door feeling as nervous as ever, he took a deep breath before knocking the door. 

he could hear a faint “see, taekwoon. i know he knew where i live.” from inside the place. so sunbaenim isn’t alone, thank goodness.

“hi jaehwan! as you know, i’m having trouble with this coffee machine and that guy over there,” jaehwan had followed hakyeon’s finger went and he saw a guy who seemed so annoyed of life, laying on the couch with a blanket all over him (he was pretty sure that the guy wore nothing but boxers) and was watching some comedy show on tv. then he realized, he was the one his friend said about looking so scary. well, jaehwan did think so. 

“don’t even want to help me even though he’s the one whining about wanting a coffee.” hakyeon had rolled his eyes in annoyance, “or even wanting to spend any dollar just to buy a coffee.” he looked annoyed like that, but jaehwan still found him pretty. 

“i am in need of money, hakyeon.” the guy barely whispered, but both of them had caught what he said despite the loud voices that came from the tv.

“yea right.” he said, then turned to jaehwan again and smiled widely to him. “don’t mind him, he’s just a lazy . so, can you fix it?” 

“s-sure sunbaenim, it’ll be no problem for me!” jaehwan really hated how he sound so nervous he even stuttered while talking, he hoped that hakyeon wouldn’t notice.

“great, then! i’ll treat you anything after you done!”

 

he was only a cashier, but he was glad wonsik always talked to him about mechanical things and had even asked jaehwan to help him fix anything some times, so he was able to fix the machine pretty easily. but the whole process was kind of depressing, actually, because he had hakyeon watching him and he couldn’t resist not staring at him while he was making a sandwich (how could jaehwan reject anything from hakyeon) for him. hakyeon even fed him the sandwich because of his ‘busy hands’. jaehwan seemed so loved, but he tried to ignore the thoughts. he kind of heard the guy on the couch was laughing quietly, and he knew it was not because of the tv show he was watching. 

once it’s done, taekwoon sunbaenim (the guy told him his name by himself, and jaehwan nodded happily because the guy seemed like he wanted to befriend him. he was a nice guy, after all.) looked really happy like he had seen heaven and thanked jaehwan for it even though it was hakyeon’s coffee maker. 

“you don’t have to treat me, really sunbaenim.” 

“but i still owe you. thank you once again.” he saw hakyeon’s sweet lips curling into a smile once again, but jaehwan had almost missed of what hakyeon’s saying by how fast his lips touched jaehwan’s. 

hakyeon had fell on him as he got laid on the carpet floor, but their lips- how? 

“i’m so! sorry!” although it was so nice to feel hakyeon near him, it still felt so wrong. they weren’t close to each other yet- “i should’ve remembered that i shouldn’t walk too close I fell off my feet to hug you.” 

he’s a sunbaenim, a special one, but he’s so cute. and they kissed. 

well, I don’t mind if you do that to me everyday. no- that doesn’t seem right.

 

“it was an accident, it’s okay sunbaenim.” he tried, jaehwan tried, but hakyeon was still staring at him with the blush on his face and he looked very cute and jaehwan knew his face werre getting redder too. 

but later then hakyeon stopped covering his cheeks and grinned at jaehwan, spreading his arms wide, “s-so I can hug you then.” 

it was only the second meeting of him and hakyeon yet he could already smell the sharp, sweet scent of him. without realizing, Jaehwan’s nose went to hakyeon’s strands and inhaled his scent like he was addicted, but it was also a stupid thing to do as he realized. he hoped hakyeon didn’t feel that. hakyeon pulled away seconds later, still having a small on his face. “call me hyung from now on?” it somehow sounded like a beg, but i’d love to, jaehwan said. god, it’s almost unbelievable that hakyeon was actually a year older from jaehwan. 

but most of all…

hakyeon kissed him. . .

he had just realized of how embarrassing it was, attempted to hide his blush by stepping back a little bit and waved to hakyeon. “oh-okay, hyung. better get going, see you tomorrow!”

 

he knew, he knew it was only a simple, meaningless kiss- an accident kiss! and nothing else but he didn’t know why himself couldn’t stop thinking of how it felt having hakyeon’s lips against him even for just a second. he forgot who had taken his first kiss but this time it felt like one. he knew reading those shoujo mangas was a bad idea after all, he couldn’t stop thinking like how a girl who had her first kiss taken by a guy she liked and couldn’t stop thinking about it for years. this one was none of that. they’re adults, for god’s sake. 

once he had arrived at his own apartment, he stumbled in and threw himself to his own bed. he needed to forget this, or maybe stop thinking about it. he must tell it to anyone in order to. 

but who should he tell? the only person he could possibly tell was sanghyuk but they weren't that close yet, but sanghyuk's pretty nice, and his life was quite similar to jaehwan’s (doesnt give a of anything that wasn- right.) so he shouldn’t worry about anything because sanghyuk knew no one in college other than him, either. 

“hello?" he said, having the feeling of afraid if the number was incorrect, until he could recognize that the other’s voice was sanghyuk’s.

“oh, this is unexpected. i thought no one’s gonna call me today.” sanghyuk was actually on his bed as well, tired of all the chores he had done because his cousin was off to hang out with her friends. he could actually do too, but sadly he probably had none of friends he’s close to. so there he was, and he was glad jaehwan managed to call him, even though they’re barely best friends, at least a month relationship was already good. “what’s up, jaehwan?” 

“well, hakyeon hyung-“ 

as soon as sanghyuk heard his sunbae’s name- did jaehwan call him hyung?- he couldn’t help but shriek to the phone. “so you really came to his apartment? TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT!” 

“i’m about to. so, he asked me to fix his coffee machine,” jaehwan heard sanghyuk was chuckling at the other line but he decided to ignore him a bit. “and then, the highlight of the visit is, he kissed me at the end.” 

“WHAT? that’s unexpected but, he kissed you? SERIOUSLY?” 

jaehwan swore at the time sanghyuk was probably hopping around the house. “IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! and yeah.. and it’s confusing.” 

a thing about his new friend was, he really liked a sunbae-hoobae relationship between everyone (this kid was probably affected by the novels he read and also shoujo mangas—that’s why he loved his new friend). so he had automatically shipped hakyeon with jaehwan as soon as the younger told sanghyuk that he had feelings for the older. 

“there were rumors about him dating a lot of girls though?” 

jaehwan rolled his eyes after that. well, that had worked on ruining his mood. “I DIDN’T SAY that he said he likes me.” 

“maybe he does… but I’m not sure, jaehwan.” sanghyuk said, before seeming to expect something. “anyway, was taekwoon sunbaenim there too?” 

“yeah, it seemed like they live together but I’m not sure either. why are you asking?” 

“…nevermind. and good luck with that! let’s meet after school ‘kay.”

“okay. see you tomorrow.”

 

“hwannie!” jaehwan had almost got quite shocked after he heard a familiar voice calling his- name? when nobody had ever called him with that. after a second he knew that the voice was coming from hakyeon who was waving his hand to jaehwan, and he could see sanghyuk passing by with some girl who was probably his cousin, and signaling jaehwan some kind of ‘now i believe you! call me’ at hakyeon’s back while jaehwan nodded to him and approached his pretty sunbaenim.

“hwannieeeeeee!” wow , stop, no no no, no more being cute, hyung. i usually found aegyos really annoying but now you’re giving me some kind of feeling that i could just burst into tears of joy and i wouldn’t really want that but i really like the nickname you gave me and-

jaehwan shrugged the thoughts away and tried to act properly to hakyeon. “hey hyung.” 

“you wouldn’t mind if i ask you to go somewhere with me, right? since you don’t have classes anymore!”

but before jaehwan could even answer him, hakyeon took one of his hands and grab it tight and somehow pulled jaehwan out of the building. the feeling he had always imagined, having hakyeon’s hand clenching his. he wanted hakyeon to walk a little bit slower so he could cherish the moment of holding hands with him but the hyung seemed wanting to hurry so much- although jaehwan had no idea where they were going. 

“my friend had a lunch party and he told me to come but i had no one to accompany with. you don’t mind, right?” 

why after he heard those words, he felt the feeling of a loneliness despite of hakyeon having thousands of friends. maybe not because of it, jaehwan wouldn’t want to feel special because of nothing proving that he was. 

jaehwan wondered why he could see that hint of ‘the reason why i’m asking you is because i trust you.’ on hakyeon’s face. but jaehwan knew better than to expect, but he’s still hoping. 

“of course I don’t, hyung! Let me just go get my car!"

"Okay, then!"

 

the ride there wasn’t surprisingly so awkward as jaehwan had expected. hakyeon had called jaehwan a few times, and he somehow had discussed those unspoken words he didn’t get to say on the phone and some other things. and to think again they weren’t even really important to tell people, really, but jaehwan appreciated him and even found hakyeon cute by the stories. like how hakyeon didn’t get to eat breakfast this morning (jaehwan was worried, before hakyeon told him that taekwoon had treated him after his first class.), when he found a little kitten and decided to give it to his neighbor who really loved cats, and when he had forgotten to comb his hair properly. 

“i look so messed up, don't i?”

by hearing that, jaehwan lost the sight of him focusing to the road to take a quick glance to his hyung who had currently seeing himself on the mirror. oh, hyung, how i wish you could know that you’re so gorgeous, beautifu-

 

“no hyung, you look okay to me.”

 

when he got back to drive properly again, he swore when he looked at hakyeon once again, a sweet smile was lingering on his beautiful face. jaehwan felt so proud of himself.

 

jaehwan did not expect the party would be quite awkward to him. well, pretty much at first. they got in a big, glamorous themed restaurant (jaehwan had double checked his outfit but he got reminded of hakyeon saying that no one would wear anything special) and was greeted by a tall (almost taller than hakyeon) woman which he assumed to be hakyeon’s friend. she was pretty and nice, but something was kind of bugging him.

 

as soon as they stepped out of the car, hakyeon went closer to him and grabbed his left hand with his right, he was suddenly holding his hand without any warnings and jaehwan- jaehwan did not know how to feel at that time.

 

“oh!” she shrieked after he saw their hands gripping tight each other. “you didn’t tell me you would actually come here with your boyfriend, hakyeon!” 

he didn’t know it would be like this. when he looked around, the guests are almost couples. and most of all, why hakyeon didn’t tell him about this?

but instead of replying, hakyeon laughed at her and jaehwan felt like hakyeon was going to let go of his palm but instead he intertwined their fingers together. “congrats on the opening, this place looks great, really. meet jaehwan! and hwannie, this is eunji.” 

eunji was probably the nicest person in the world. she sat on the table and told him it was her dream restaurant and the foods were really nice, he noted to himself that he should visit the place more often.

 

on the way to hakyeon’s home, he had told jaehwan much about the blond haired female they had met earlier. her and both hakyeon and taekwoon were from the same high school. jaehwan loved of how hakyeon laughed while he told jaehwan that eunji used to like taekwoon so much she had even joined cooking classes and cooked him a lot of foods just to take his heart because everyone knows taekwoon likes to eat, but he didn’t want a girlfriend. once she had already given up, she said to hakyeon she would love to see hakyeon and taekwoon dating (which jaehwan would have a really bad nightmare if he had let it hanging, but the fake gagging voice hakyeon made was making jaehwan giggle and feeling so relieved.) but it was clear that hakyeon didn’t like taekwoon, he was obviously only a best friend. 

(‘even if I like him, i would be so burden talking to eunji. athough she had given up on her love to him, i’m afraid she would still hate me.’) 

nowadays, eunji had rarely contacted hakyeon and went straight to taekwoon instead, which was a really good thing. 

maybe eunji was still contacting wasn’t because she still liked him. maybe she did, but that’s not the particular reason. jaehwan knew it’s because taekwoon was the one who made her finding her talent and had even become successful because of it. she was most of all, thankful of taekwoon. 

that’s just beautiful, jaehwan came to think of it.

 

“i’m sorry about earlier.” hakyeon said, after jaehwan stopped to park near the entrance. 

“it’s okay hyung. i don’t really mind, either.” 

“you don’t?” 

“well, why should i?”

“thank you so much jaehwan.” he leaned closer and placed a small kiss on jaehwan’s left cheek before bidding jaehwan goodbye and walked inside the building. 

“thank you to you, too, hyung.”

 

sometimes jaehwan wondered why hakyeon moved so easily on him, how did he hold his hand and kiss his cheek like it was nothing while jaehwan couldn't even get over the first time they were standing so close to each other. but jaehwan didn't actually mind, even expecting more from hakyeon.