four

this feeling

the weather seemed so nice, jaehwan thought as he walked his way out of the parking lot and to the university entrance as planned. he didn’t have classes that day, the professor had told the students to do their works until next week, but jaehwan had done them all and he had nothing to worry about. but it was not weird that he decided to come there, maybe because he had another ‘date’ with hakyeon. 

jaehwan was fourty five minutes earlier than the exact time. just as he planned because, he hated having people wait for him (especially if it was someone special like hakyeon).

but before he could sit on a bench that was located near the gates, he heard someone called his name and had reflected to look around and found taekwoon at his sight. “taekwoon hyung?”

“do you mind if i steal you first than hakyeon?” his voice was quiet and soft as usual, but jaehwan had learned how to catch and understand them but he pretty much was confused at the state.

before he could ask any more questions besides ‘why, hyung?’, taekwoon had already dragged him to the back of the university near the literature building. “dunno, just wanted to talk to you.” taekwoon finally answered, feeling relieved as ever. 

taekwoon rested his back on the wall near them, “and just wanted to let you know that i know you like hakyeon.” 

and it hit him. “how can you know, hyung?” 

“talking about the obvious. you always accept his requests on anything, okay with his friend calling you his boyfriend, texting him back really fast, willing to give all he wants, almost. i admit that i couldn’t really do the same as you for hakyeon.” 

“people might not see it, but, most people are nice to him because he knows things. he could be a mind reader, for all who knows. but what I’m afraid about hakyeon is... I’m not going to say that he is annoying? well, he is to me but- he’s a really good friend but he had never really got close to people like he does to you now. who knows if you’re already in my level of friend to him? it happened once when hakyeon made a friend, that person was really important I felt so lost and soo envious towards him, until he somehow said hakyeon was his life ruiner and had embarrassed hakyeon in front of the crowds. and i know you’re not that kind of person, jaehwan, but i’m just afraid.” 

hakyeon never told that to him.... how could the person do that to the most precious human being? 

“but hyung, you know that I like him, right? I’ll do anything as long as it makes hakyeon hyung happy, and to me he’s such a sweetest person that had ever lived. i know i can't really make sure but at least, if i have a chance, i will take care of him really well.” 

and there taekwoon was, showing his wide smile to jaehwan before nodding. “please do, jaehwan. besides, he couldn’t bug me around anymore if he has you.” and both of them laughed.

 

“do you live together with taekwoon hyung?” jaehwan wondered, because taekwoon never really talked about his house before. hakyeon didn't have anything besides one bed though, but he always saw taekeoon doing everything in hakyeon's home and that the owner didn't mind at all. 

they were laying in hakyeon's bed with the older's head resting on jaehwan's lap, responding while his fjngers were busy with his phone. “not really. he usually stays on my couch though, he says he feels lonely some times because his roommate had moved out two months ago and i have no choice but to let him stay there.”

 

jaehwan remembered about the day when taekwoon and him discussed things. hakyeon really got a nice best friend. “you guys are so close” 

“yeah… if i didn’t meet him i don’t know how my live will turn out like.” 

jaehwan was curious by that. 

hakyeon locked his phone and turned to see jaehwan. “he helped me a lot, including my college tuitions when i couldn't pay and he made me this popular by his looks. he’s handsome and also creepy, that’s a rare thing for people to have, you know.” 

now jaehwan seem to understood hakyeon and how taekwoon was being a protective best friend to him. they meant a lot to each other, and jaehwan was wondering if he could actually be someone who was, at least, could be at the level close to taekwoon to hakyeon.

 

it was silence for a coupke of minutes jntjl hakyeon decided to break it.

 

“jaehwan. you like me, right?”

 

“hyung…?" jaehwan felt so embarrassed. he had been friends with hakyeon for months only and he tried to keep it 'lowkey' because maybe it was easy to see for taekwoon but..., hakyeon?

 

“how did you know?”

 

“i know everything.” and that was the well-known fact.

it was actually time for jaehwan to not act up anymore. “but..hyung, i don’t know why you did that but… thank you for the kisses and affections you gave me. i found myself couldn’t really forget it.”

“ah. don’t be mistaken, i don’t really kiss any other people besides you.” hakyeon said, urning away from jaehwan again and looking at the ground and he could feel his face heating up.

 

those questions that were lingering on the top of his tongue…

 

what does that mean, hyung? is it because you like me, too?

 

jaehwan really shouldn’t hope too much he might fall because of it. 

“so…” hakyeon looked like he wasn't dare on seeing jaehwan's face but he fought the fear and looked at him, “can i kiss you a little bit more?” 

“of course, hyung. i--” 

jaehwan felt a pair of hands creeping up his chest and grabbed his shirt tight, pulling him close until their lips touched. 

minutes by minutes they kept getting closer and he pulled jaehwan until their chests were pressed against each other, opening his mouth to let jaehwan slid his tongue inside his. and jaehwan felt surprisingly needy at the state, as he realized himself was nibbling his bottom lip and keep going and going. he was pretty much bewildered because he hadn’t even imagined having himself making out with the older, and he wanted that moment to be forever. 

and also at that moment, hakyeon was hoping.

 

hoping that jaehwan would feel how his heart raced so fast because of him.