.7: Beats

SM high school: Host Club

(seven)

"Beats"

 

Taeyeon’s p.o.v: 

 

“Kim Taeyeon-shi?” Mrs. Elsa-(Frozen is legendary, don’t judge me.), our English teacher called for my attention, “ Please read chapter five, page 93, line 14 in the novel. If you may?” -Note to all of you, I don’t like Mrs. Elsa.  

       “What novel, Ma’am?” I asked back, 

“The novel between your hands.” she walked to my disk and pulled the novel from my hands-Oooh. I didn’t notice I was holding it. “Macbeth.” she held it right infront of my face to show me it’s title, “Shakespeare’s novel should not be held, if not to be given the proper attention it deserves.” -What? That’s just a book.

      “That’s just a book.” I mouthed my thoughts loudly, and quickly covered my mouth with my hands-. I’ve unleashed the hell hound.

My English teacher gasped in absolute horror, “Just a book!” she held the book close to her heart, “Just a book?!” she pointed a finger at me, “Miss Kim Taeyeon! What I’m holding right now is a masterpiece! A once in a life time phenomenon!” 

 

“Ma’am, Taeye-” Tiffany tried to help me out of my teacher’s rants, but was shut down by Mrs.Elsa.


“Shush now, Ms. Tiffany” Mrs. Elsa’s hand was facing Tiffany, a sign that Tiffany should shut up now or else she’ll be stuck in hell for god knows how long, with me. “And you!” She pointed a finger at me, again. “How dare you! How.dare.you! You should apologize to all those who gave this novel it’s rightful respect!” 


“All faculty teachers, please head to the principal’s office. A meeting is currently being held.” the lady that said that just saved me, Mrs. Elsa looked at the speaker before glaring at me, 

“Next time, I hope you pay attention to the novel as well as you pay attention to Ms. Tiffany.” My eyes widened and I blushed horribly at her words, everyone in the class starting ooh-ing at her words too, to add to my embarrassment, I looked over at Tiffany to find the same dark shade of red covering my face, covering hers also. 

“E-Ehm.. Taetae, let’s study together after the club today.” she said, awkwardly. “We need to review this novel, we have a quiz next week.” this time she continued with her famous eye-smile, I just nodded as a response, still blushing hard, heart beating fast.

“Okay, c’mon now. We need to head to the club now!” she said cheerfully as she held my hand and pulled me with her out of the class. I currently feel like my heart would burst. 


Hwang Tiffany, what are you doing to me? 

We finally reached the host club, after me stumbling over nothing for more than ten times-I can’t keep my attention on the way when a living goddess is holding my hand so, excuse me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author’s p.o.v: 

 

Three hours earlier-

      “That’s it.” the now new host dropped his pen and looked up at the girl infront of him, “It’s quite simple actually. You just have to arrange all the given information, then apply it to the equation.” 

The girl stared at him for a few seconds before sighing, “Easy to say, when you’re a lonely nerd who has nothing else to do, but to read books all day and night long.”

Others would’ve considered this as an offense, but to the pretentious boy; it was amusing. It amused him seeing the famous mini ice princess being so frustrated over the simplest Maths problem that humanity has-probably, ever seen.

 

 

 

 


It’s pretty simple, to Amber at least. 


The two host club members were currently in the library, since Amber-Aiden moved in the dorm-and that was two weeks ago, her and Krystal’s relationship became stronger, in a weird way. It’s a love-hate relationship, but not really like that. It can be described as what Krystal has said to Amber a few days ago, when the latter forced her to study Maths for three straight hours, 

 


“You’re a very close friend of mine now,” she spoke as her face was buried in her notebook, “And I love you, but then I hate you.” now she looked up at the boy sitting on the same bed as hers, with a book in his hands, “It’s like, I want to throw you off a cliff, then rush to the bottom to catch you.”

      The boy looked up at her with a smirk, “But then, if you try to catch me, I’ll fall on you and squish you to death.” 

“You know what? I’ll just leave you.” she shot him her infamous glare-which he, weirdly enough, grew to like very much. “To die, then rot because no one would find you, then some wild animals would eat every bit of your body.” she smiled wickedly at the boy, 

      “I don’t know why, princess” the boy smiled widely, making the girl’s heart flutter, “but I am perfectly okay with that, as long as you finish that problem.” finishing his words with poking her cheek with the back of his pencil. 

“I hate you so much right now.” 

      “You love me, and you know it.” 

 

 


Now, back to our mean time, the two young teenagers were quietly studying, forgetting the eyes of their admirers/shippers for the two hours they were given after their substitute teacher kicked them out of the class. Wonder why? 

 

 

 

 

“Ms. Krystal, can you please solve this problem?” Mr. Han, the notorious substitute Maths teacher asked the young girl, who was having a battle with her mind and soul, forcing them not to give up to the alluring comfort of closing her eyes and falling asleep. Nearly every student in the class gasped as soon as the teacher finished his words, he had balls. No teacher, and I repeat, no teacher, has ever dared to ask Krystal Jung to solve a problem-related to Maths, of any kind. It was very much well known, that Maths is Krystal’s biggest and worst dilemma.

      “What?” the young girl asked back, 

“Solve the problem on the board, if you may.” he repeated his words with a smirk, knowing for sure that she won’t be able to solve it. And the boy, who’s Krystal’s seatmate and club-mate too, noticed the substitute teacher’s odd behavior. 

      “Are you serious? Do you know who am I?” 

“Yes, you’re Krystal Jung. A student who’s going to solve this problem because her teacher ordered her to do it.” Krystal was fuming with anger, no one orders her. No one. But because Krystal was a polite-most of the time, young girl, she held her anger in and stood up heading to the white board upfront, she turned around to the substitute teacher, 

      “Can I atleast get a hint?” 

“I don’t know? Can you?” his smirk was wider now, and her anger reached it’s peak. 

     “I don’t know? CAN YOU GET A FULL TIME JOB?!” she replied loudly, with anger. The class burst in OOH!-s and BURN-s, the young boy grinned widely as the girl walked back to her seat, “What?” she looked at him as if she had done absolutely nothing just now, 


      “Best comeback of all comebacks I’ve ever witnessed so far, in my 17 years of living.” he ruffled her hair, 

 

“Krystal Jung!” Mr. Han called her name in pure anger, “Out of my class! Now!” 

      “With pleasure.” she walked straight to the door without sparing him a look, “Wait!” he called for her again, “You!” he pointed at the boy.
     “Me?” the boy pointed at himself, 
“Yes, you, Aiden Liu. Out of my class!” 

      “The heck did I do?!”

“Out!” with no chance to reply back, Krystal walked to her friend and pulled him with her out of the class. 


Started from a Maths problem. now, we’re here.

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s p.o.v: 

       The two ours already passed. Me and Aiden are currently heading to the host club, and all the way to the ‘old’ room, the other’s eyes was on us.In case you don’t know, me and Aiden are currently an item in SM High. A lot of students think we’re secretly dating. Why secretly? Host club policy. 

We have a policy in the host club; ‘It’s forbidden that two members of the club would be involved in a relationship that is more than just being close friends, no dating within the club; as it would result to awkwardness, regret, hate in the future-probably.’ -Yuri unnie came up with that policy. That’s why a lot of students think we’re secretly dating as to not break that policy. Right. 

       “Okay. What kind of devilish plot are you planning in that little wicked head of yours?” Aiden snapped me out of my thoughts, ruffling my hair- A thing he does very often now. And though it’s such a simple action, it showed his affection towards me and that made my heart beat increase. What’s going on? What’s wrong with you, heart? 

“Nothing.” I said swatting his hand away, “Shut up and hurry. We’re going to be late for the club!” I ran ahead of him, trying hard to hide my blushing face. Am I sick? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------