Detention?

Ice Queen

 

(No POV)

The bell for the last class of the day hadn't rung yet and something was off. The school was silent and eyes focused on the boy in the back of the room. Luhan had been silent literally the whole day after the incident from the day before. The soccer team knew what happened but nobody knew why Luhan was acting so weird. Usually a ball of energy throughout the day and getting scolded for horsing around, but today he wasn't called out, even once.

He was in the corner with his head in the air and a book covering his face. Students gossiped quietly, trying to think of any possible reasons for his sudden change in behavior. It wasn't until one of Luhan's classmates made her way up to him.

"L-luhan?" She breathed and soon enough the two had the attention of the entire class.

"Luhan!" She spoke louder when Luhan didn't respond.

"huh?" The book fell to the floor and as he bent down to pick it up he looked up at the girl.

"Are you okay? What happened?" She asked with eyes scrunched.

"What do you mean?" Luhan asked, clearly confused.

"You've been all spacey lately," she explained carefully.

"Oh, uh yeah," he hadn't realized it, honestly, a lot was on his mind, especially of a certain someone from yesterday.

"So you didn't answer properly, what happened?" the girl peered at Luhan, looking out for any kind of lies.

"uuuuuhhhhh..." was all that he managed to stutter out. How was he just going to say that some girl was the reason for all of this.

"He was subjected to a full two hours of staying in the dungeon by the devil himself," Kris slid in, slinging an arm around Luhan's shoulders.

"What??" the student was lost by now.

"I got a detention from Mr. Lee this afternoon," Luhan explained, mentally thanking Kris for saving his . 

All the confused students chorused in a meaningful "aaaaahhhhh". That explained his odd behavior throughout the day.


The bell finally rung signalling the end of school for the day and everyone filed out with the exception of two.

Minseok was the first to arrive, clad in her uniform and scarf from her locker. She sat at a seat by the window in the cafeteria, the designated detention area. Soon enough Luhan shuffled in and Minseok didn't bother to spare a look at whoever walked through the door. He sat at the opposite edge of the table flickering his eyes from Minseok and the door countlessly.

Just as he was about to open his mouth Mr. Kim walked through the door. 

"Alright, Ms. Kim, Mr. Lu detention starts now. You will not talk, use your phone, or sleep. Just sit still, this will all be over before you know it." Mr. Kim went over the rules. 

After an hour of what felt like death to Luhan a ring sounded and echoed throughout the cafeteria. It was Mr. Kim's hand phone.

"Yes? What? Now? ... Okay fine fine." He sounded surprised and upset when he hung up which attracted Luhan and Minseok's attention. 

"Something's come up at home and I have to get going. You two can't leave just yet. The assistant principal is watching from her office by the front. I trust you will stay silent," his eyes shifted to Minseok at the last part. She didn't talk much anyway and Luhan was a pretty good kid so he continued, " Lock up for me after an hour. I have to run," he chucked the keys in Minseok's direction and left.

Luhan seemed to look like he was released from a 5 year prison time. He immediately loosened his back and stood up to stretch. Minseok on the other hand simply sat on the bench and continued to stare out the window. 

Something in his brain clicked and remembered the handkerchief. 

"Hey," he started gently. With no response he started a quick walk in Minseok's direction, "You dropped this the other day, by the soccer field." He fished the handkerchief from his pocket to the space in front of her and sat on the table before her.

Again, no response as the said girl simply nodded her head in thanks, staring at the item. 

"I'm really sorry about that, you probably don't know that it was me but you should. It was an honest mistake, I swear!" Luhan thought that she must think he was a real loser for babbling on so much.  After all he just admitted that she had to put with all this because of him. He was about to get off the table when he noticed Minseok's eyes shift to himself.

"It's okay..." a soft voice escaped from her.

For a second Luhan was shocked. He was forgiven! He wondered why Tao was so afraid of her, she didn't seem the slightest bit scary.

"Let me at least treat you to a meal! I know this place by the school and maybe I can give you a proper apology!" He blurted out thinking of the burger place nearby. 

"N-no! That's fine!" Minseok panicked slightlfy. This was supposed to be an in and out situation. Forgive and forget. No strings attached. 

Luhan looked sullen thinking that she must've still been mad at him.

"I understand, who would forgive me after what happened..." once again he started to walk back to his original spot. A small tug stopped him. He looked down and small fingers pulled the edge of his vest.

"I didn't mean that.... I just can't accept that," Minseok justified, feeling guilty for what she had just done. Normally she wasn't one to do this but something caused her hand to move on it's own. 

"Fine, let me at least treat you to some coffee, after this?" Luhan tried to reason. He expected to be turned down again but was beyond shocked after seeing Minseok's head nod. He also wondered why he was being so persistent. It's not like he was one to go so far, with a girl on top of that. 


Awkwardness filled the room as the two stared out the window. Luhan glanced at the clock and saw that only twenty minutes passed since the whole thing leaving a whole forty minutes until they were free. 

"So you have any interest in soccer, based on you watching our team and the handkerchief's designs I'd guess yes," he attempted at small talk. There had to be some way to cure his boredom and make the awkward vibe disappear. 

"I guess..." Minseok remembered back to her old school and tried to push back her bad memories to the back of her head.

"So do you play, or is it just an interest? Or worse, are you one of those people who are in it for the so called hot dudes?" Luhan was trying extremely hard to push more than ten words to come out of that mouth.

"I played before..." Minseok hadn't remembered the last time she talked so much to anyone besides her close circle of friends. 

"Really? When? Were you any good? What position?" Luhan hoped he didn't seem like a reporter or some creep.

"I don't think I was very good playing forward," She answered stiffly and Luhan put a mental note in his brain noticing she ignored the when question. 

"We should play one day! You have interest in Manchester United? Who's your favorite player?" He became absorbed in talking about soccer and completely forgot who he was talking to. He also forgot about the awkwardness of Minseok's answers and continued to ask questions of soccer.

Time flew by and Minseok stood up abruptly in the middle of Luhan's story about how he joined the school team. 

"It's time to go," she whispered making her way to the door. Luhan was a bit sad but when Minseok turned her body and gave him a weird stare he remembered about their coffee date. Soon enough they were on their way hand in hand. Just kidding, more like Luhan following her like a puppy and continuing his story as they made their way to the cafe.

Honestly Minseok was quite content. She was a bit bothered by him at first but he seemed nice so she continued to listen. It was also great that he wasn't so insistent on making her talk. Minseok was satisfied just hearing Luhan's stories of him and his team. By the time they reached the store she knew things about a certain Kris, Chanyeol, Tao, Chen, and Sehun she wondered if they would appreciate her knowing. 


Another long chapter~ phew!

Just in case you were wondering why more chapters are listed but aren't released


My chapters are written in steps:

Title&Ideas, Actual writing(which isn't always written in one night), and any modifications.

The chapters listed in the Table of Contents may have an extra one or two listed but are unreleased! Please understand!

Thank you for the one commenter who advised me about that detail! I wasn't aware!