Chapter 3 : So, We Meet Again, Huh?

The Panda That Sat In The Back, By The Window
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock Knock.

 

Mrs. Lambarte and the whole class looked up from their novel upon hearing a knock on the door. She pushed her glasses up on her forehead and got up from her seat.

 

“Oh, it looks like the new addition has finally arrived.” She said happily, walking over to the door. “Class, I’m just going to step out for a few minutes, so until I come back, please stay in your seats and be quiet.” Then, just as she was about to turn the doorknob, without turning to look at him, she quickly added, “That means you, Kevin.”

 

Kevin just clicked his tongue and made a quick flick of his head in agreement, smirking. He watched and waited carefully until she had finally left the classroom completely, and with a large show of exhaling, went back to sitting in the slouchy way the teacher had scolded him about earlier, flinging his lofty legs out of each side of the desk and letting his arms dangle however they pleased. He sighed in relaxation, resting back on his chair.

 

Kevin’s desk was all the way in the back of the classroom, a desk away from the window. The desk that was beside the window was empty, which Kevin was thankful for, since that meant no one would taddle on him for copying from the kid in front of him, or for dozing off in the middle of a lesson. The desk on the other side? The kid sitting in it knew better than to piss Kevin off (even though Kevin hadn’t actually meant to threat anyone before), so he never even so much as thought to squeal on him before.

 

Letting out another sigh of relaxation, he lightly shut his eyes. Even though my life isn’t exciting, I still sometimes get to kick back and let loose like this, he thought, At least no one really tries to get on my nerves.

 

“Hey ‘Waldo’, why aren’tcha wearing your stripes today, huh?” A boy called out to him, mockingly, snickering along with a group of boys around him.

 

Ugh...looks like I spoke too soon, Kevin thought, grunting, and slowly opening his eyes. He decided to ignore them, and looked the other way. He wasn’t really someone who liked to pick fights, and stayed as far away as he could from them.

 

Frowning at the sight of his efforts of taunting Kevin failing, the boy sat up and tried again, a malicious grin appearing on his lips.

 

“Why the hell are you still here in this class? You belong in a Ripley’s museum; they got one up in Niagara Falls. I’m still wondering how you haven’t been added to their Amazi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter