Chapter 2 : Normal And Everything In Between

The Panda That Sat In The Back, By The Window
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ka-chak.

 

Kevin slowly pushed the classroom door open, and cautiously peeked his head slowly into the classroom, scanning it to see where Mrs. Lambarte, his homeroom teacher, was. Twenty-four familiar faces looked back at him, some of them had their mouths and eyes wide open, some of them snickering, and some of them making the Shame On You gestures while biting their lips and tsking sardonically. Kevin just smirked and ignored them, relieved to see that Mrs. Lambarte was nowhere to be seen.

 

Great, it looks like the old fart isn't here yet, he thought proudly, maybe she finally broke down. Whatever it is, I'm still home free.

 

He slipped smoothly into the classroom with an impish snort, and began to hilariously strut across the classroom to his desk in the back, making a group of children cackle as he flailed his oddly long legs up and down, with his chin up and eyes closed, and a mischevious smirk painted on his face. Everything about him in that moment read ‘Badass’, and he knew it. He approached his desk, feeling invincible, and was about to take a seat.

 

“Late again, I see, Mr. Li.” a throaty voice far behind him called.

 

Kevin gasped and scrunched his face up in disdain, frozen in his place.

 

“Dang.” he whispered to himself, swinging his arm.

 

Mrs. Lambarte stood behind the desk that she was originally leaning under to get her whiteboard marker that she dropped, which when Kevin had looked into the classroom, lead him to believe that she wasn't there at all.

 

God, how I could be so stupid?, he thought to himself, mentally slapping his brain.

 

She crossed her arms and began to tap her high, shiny red heel impatiently, which Kevin could hear loud and clear, meaning he had better come up with something clever to save his .

 

“I see that.” Kevin said coolly, without turning to look at the teacher.

 

“This means I'm going to have to put you on the attendance sheet as late, again.” she said.

 

“I see that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter