Chapter 1 : Far Impressions

The Panda That Sat In The Back, By The Window
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slam!

 

Kevin sighed as he forcefully closed his rusty grey locker with one hand, leaning down to place his textbook and pencilcase in his black Athletic Works knapsack. With a small grunt, he hauled it onto his right shoulder, letting it dangle sloppily by a single strap. He adjusted his thick, black Ray-Bans on his eyes, pushing them back atop his nose gently, and turned around, trudging slowly towards the classroom. Another new day, same stupid, boring hall, thought Kevin, When is anything gonna get exciting around here?

 

As he was passing by the first graders' sloppy spring butterfly mosiacs that were pinned up on their bulletin board, he looked up and noticed the principal standing far ahead in front of the counseller's office, and he appeared to be speaking to someone. It was a woman, tall, with black hair. She appeared to be Asian, like him. Kevin wasn't the kind of person who liked to get into other's business, and so he didn't really care less about who the hell that woman was, and why she was talking to the principal, anyways. He had his own exciting life to be getting on with, after all. But his curiousity suddenly sparked when he sighted a small figure shuffling hesitantly behind the tall woman. He adjusted his glasses carefully and squinted, trying to make out what that small figure was.

 

It was a boy.

 

A boy that appeared to be quite small and quite young, much younger than Kevin. It seemed like he was a new student. Hello there, new victim, and welcome to the slaughterhouse known around here as Ferndale; I hope you survive your stay, Kevin thought to himself, What the hell is a new student doing here in the middle of the first semester?

 

Kevin couldn't really make out exactly what the boy looked like because he was a bit far (and because his stupid half-blind eyes weren't being of much assistance), but he could see that he was also wearing glasses, and that he had black hair, just like the woman he was hiding behind. Guess it's his mom, thought Kevin. When he focused more, he saw that the boy was wearing something on his head. Something that...had ears?! It was a black beanie, with little bear ears sticking out from either side. Kevin scoffed quietly, shaking his head slowly.

 

“What kind of dude wears freaking animal ear hats in elementary school?” he grimaced to himself. “He's going to get a brutal teasing for it from his class, that's for sure. Maybe even get his kicked by the older guys, if they see him.”

 

At that moment, the boy, who had a scared look on his face, looked up from his constant shuff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter