10. Song for love (pt. 1)

Congratulations. [HIATUS]

I watched Yugyeom, given up and took a deep breath. I could feel his eyes that kept stab at me while waiting for my reply, I looked around to make sure nobody was here and finally began to tell him.

"Well, it all started some time ago.." I said as I looked down on my hands that nervously were playing with each other. Yugyeom meanwhile didn't look away and my mind went back through flashback.

-x-x-x-

"Jaebum-hyung!" I shout from down the hall, waving his hand as I approached him.

"Hey, Youngjae." He said, with one of his bright smiles when he turned, his companions turned at the same moment which made me collapse in a mountain of embarrassment, luckily he noticed it and waved them, "So, how are the lessons?" then he asked me before starting to walk alongside, making your way to the cafeteria.

Jaebum and I have known each other since we were in the middle school, we had attended it together and also we were neighbors. I liked spending time with him. After his last year in junior high I felt a bit lost but luckily we found ourselves agin, without even do it on purpose, because we went to the same music academy.

"All good for now, I have some problem in 'history of singing' but in compensation I'm a genius in English." I said, amused, almost bragging of the fact. "And how was your day?" I said, trying to imitate the tone of an old-fashioned English.

He laughed and applauded softly, "I'm amazed, too bad that history is also important, stupid" he said giving me a pat on the head. Shortly after we arrived at the cafeteria, it was lunch time and the whole school found himself there for eat together, we sat down at an empty table and we both pulled out our lunches from backpacks.

"I know it's important, but it is not my fault, how can I learn all the names of people past and those dates and .. phew, I would rather do something more contemporary." I sighed, looking at my food with air-hungry, as if don't eat for months.

"Let's do this, if you promise me that you will try your best I might decide to help you." He said as he stealing a wurstel from my box, which made me jump and angry at the same time.

I was puzzled for a moment and then I looked back at him, "Are you sure? Don't you have too much to do for graduation?" I asked worriedly, Jaebum was in the last year of academy, had to have too much to do, where he would find the time for me? I thought. 

"Sure, don't worry." He said reassuring, "but now we have to eat, the end of the lunch time is near." He added fun, starting to eat a bit of his food and sometimes raising his eyes toward me.

I just nodded smiling and began to eat.

 

 

It was weeks since Jaebum began to come to my house and help me to study, it happened that sometimes I have to go to him but they were rare occasions. Today was another one of those rare days, I was walking down the road to reach the house of Jaebum almost anxiously, everytime I went to his house he prepared for me some test to prove that I'm studying, and even if I knew everything I can't be calm. Although there was this little "problem", I really enjoyed going to Jaebum's and I felt like if for the whole day I didn't expecting other than this moments, like if was my favorite part of the day, actually spend the afternoons with Jaebum was really something that I loved to do ..... Yeah. 
Finally I arrived at his door and I fixed myself, after taking some minutes I knocked, fixing again the clothes. I didn't have to wait even two minutes that Jaebum was already at the door, out of breath watching me smiling.

"Why have you run?" I said, chuckling.

"Yah! You saw the hour? You're actually late and I was going to looking for you, maybe you wanted to skipping." He said with a serious look, who made me feel worse but after looking at me he began to joke and motioned to enter. I went in and like I was in my house, I went to pose the backpack on the couch and sat down, almost lie down on it. "You're home alone today?" I asked a later, looking around.

"If I say no, you will become an angel, right?" He said laughing, coming up to me after taking the books and some papers.

"Please don't tell me it's another test." I muttered with a low voice, but unfortunately he could hear me and laughed, handing me the paper.

"Exactly." He said amused by the situation.

"Phew, but I study and you know, then why every time?" I mumbled again contrary to the fact and moving my eyes to him at the paper.

"To be sure." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder and looking at me, making sure that I start. 

 

 

So spent the whole afternoon with jokes, tasks and corrections, the time passed really fast as always and so it was for me time to go home.

"Looks like it's already dark, you see that it's winter." Jaebum said, looking out the window after giving me the jacket.

"When your parents come back?"  I asked instead, changing the subject for not think about the dark who was out, something that was scaring me enough.

"No idea, maybe tomorrow morning?" He said amused. At these words, my eyes widened and I remained silent for a few minutes looking at him, until he broke the silence looking at me jokingly, "Have you fear to leave me here alone? You want to stay to keep me company tonight?" He said in conclusion, laughing. Those words hit me straight in the chest and I was paralyzed, what was happening? I must be crazy, I gave myself a little tap on the arm, to recover and then come back to look at him.

"You're suggesting perhaps indirectly to me to stay here because you're afraid?" I said, trying to keep his game.

"If you want .." then he whisper, looking at me but this time with serious look, which took me by surprise, "..I don't really like be alone." he added shortly after.

After that sentence I could not help but smile, Jaebum only a few times had showed this vulnerable part of him and I couldn't do anything but take off the jacket again.

"Come on, what do you eat tonight?" I said, amused, trying to quickly change the subject because I knew that it would have embarrassed him.

"Remains for real?" He said meanwhile I approached the pantry in search of food.

"No, look, I'll cook and after I'll leaving." I said enjoyed it, before you feel a heat on my back. It took me a minute before I realized that Jaebum was embracing me and it only served to trigger mixed reactions in me, but at the same time it makes me feel protected. 

[To be continued with pt.2 ..]

------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen now? It's a very confusing story, isn't it? Don't worry, there will be some clarification soon. 

I hope you will like this chapter as much as the other, waiting for your feedback.

I replay the part where I say that it's my first time writing in english, so there may be grammatical errors.