Stay

Out of My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5: Stay

 

Posessive? Am I?

What do you think?

Let me hear your opinion...

I’m somewhat confused.

So, this feeling is possessiveness? Not love?

Then, is that great?

 

But then I confused again when that thing happened. Yeah, that night..

After a long time of our silent war, that night, noona was texting me.

-Jae, I need to see you this midnight-

Eh? See me? This midnight?

I got that message at 8 in the evening when I did my homework in my room. After got that message I went out of my room and looking for her.

“Mom, has noona come back?” I asked mom who sat in the TV room.

“Yes, she is.. Now, she’s in her room..” She said it while didn’t take her eyes off of the TV screen.

I wonder why she wanted to see me, what would she say to me. But then I went back to my room to finish my homework.

 

At 10 p.m. I was so sleepy, I couldn’t keep my eyes open.

You should stay awake, Jae! I told myself not to fall asleep. I could just sleep and set an alarm, right? But I doubt myself that I can wake up on time. This time was my chance to reconcile with noona. I didn’t want to disappoint her again.

Then, I decided to drink a coffee. I went out from my room, to kitchen to make it. There I met my dad.

“You’re not sleep yet Jae?” He asked while drinking water.

“No, Dad.. I need to stay awake..” I said it while pouring an instant coffee to my mug.

“D-do you make a coffee?” My dad asked in disbelieves.

“Yeah, why?” I simply asked back.

“Woah.. It is a good sign.. My son finally has a will to succeed.” He patted my shoulder and added, “Fighting, my son!”

Heeey... I make a coffee not to study, Dad...

 

But somehow, after hearing Dad’s expectation, I thought about studying. At first I was planning to play Let’s get rich! on my phone till midnight, but then I chose to read our English literature. Yes, I prefer English than other subjects. I felt like I shouldn’t have to use my brain on English, lol.

 

And finally the clock in the living room was ringing 12 times. It meant the time I met my noona has come. I went outside the room and found that the TV room was dark, so I couldn’t see where noona is.

Is she haven’t come out yet? I asked inside my heart while turning on the lamp.

Does she forget?  I asked again while searching for her.

Then I saw her sitting on a bench at a backyard. Woah, is she outside?

I slowly approached her and sat next to her.

“Anyeong.. noona...” I greet her softly.

She turned her head to the back, checking out the house, “Can you turn off the lamp? I didn’t want anyone to know we were here..”

Eh? I was surprised by her request, but I obeyed her and went back inside to turn off the lamp.

In a flash of light, I went back to the side of my noona.

We were sitting in silence for a couple of minutes, until noona started to say, “You’re right..”

Uhm? I tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter