Chapter8

Deeper than the Sea

"What happened to you two? Why are your clothes so dirty ?"
Sehun was waiting at the hotel entrance. You both started laughing when you saw his shocked face, leaving him behind.
Lay looked at you for a moment then laughed like crazy again. 
"You have to see what you look like" he said. You laughed too and replied.
"Let's not talk about you"

"Sarah" lay was now close. Your heartbeat stopped as you suddenly felt the cold necklace on your skin.* but he is just a friend..he said it himself*.. You could not move. Your eyes met and you closed yours as they hurt from the close distance of his face. Your lips nearly touched.
Your heart jumped at once and you screamed when you heard a sound. Lay backed off.. The cat you heard jumped from the fence next to you and carried on its way through black streets and empty neighborhoods carrying what it just saw and all the others people's secrets away with it. 
"Let's call the others" lay said. 
You nodded. One thing was sure. Lay was not just an idol for you anymore. You wanted to chase this thought away once again, but he stood so close to you.. When it was him.. No one else mattered.
"Sehun and baekhyun arrived at the hotel.. Let's go" 
You both went on the street. This neighborhood was unknown for you but you both had GPS so you soon began to find your way back between houses and buildings. 
Your hands touched once .. You didn't know if he did that on purpose or not but you pulled your hand in shock. You weren't ready yet to admit how much he suddenly meant to you. And you didn't know if he really means it too.. He drank earlier today so he may not have meant anything but..
"Lay ssi... "
"Hm?" 
"Earlier at the hospital.. Did you come only once?"

You stopped and looked at his face.
He looked somewhere in front of you then he looked at you again. His look made you melt.
"Sarah.." He looked away again "RUN"
He grabbed your hand again and you two began to run as fast as possible. Seemed like those girls lived exactly in this neighborhood because they really knew the streets well. But you also knew the streets you were running in right now. 
Your heal hang at the sewers' shutter and broke. You quickly removed your shoes and held them in the other hand. You both suddenly stopped right before the street... SPLASH ..a fast car drove down the street .. Lay grabbed your waist with one hand and put his other hand on the back of your head holding you tight leaving his back face the street .. And he was all splashed by a big rain puddle lying on the street.
It happened in seconds but you felt is like it was slow motioned. You could feel his body shaking from the cold muddy water but he only looked at you and said.
"Aaishhh" and then he laughed so you laughed too at your situation. A splashed idol and his bare foot friend running in the streets of Paris. Paris was clearly the city of love.
When you reached the main street you could tell you were too far from the hotel now so you both stopped a taxi.
You were both silent in the taxi, except that he took the shoes from your hand and gave you his own shoes and then he fixed your hair..... It felt like.. A couple.. But if he was serious or not, you still couldn't get that. But you couldn't figure out anything to say, you were both so tired from the long day.
Sehun was waiting for you two at the entrance of the hotel.
When you reached your room lay grabbed your hand.
"I know you're tired. But I have to say something. Meet me at the atrium"
You got in and you took a shower then lied down on your bed for a second.

Lay was in the atrium. He was wearing an official suit and when he saw you he smiled showing his dimple.. He took your hand and you both got out of the hotel. He opened the door of his car and you got in it. He got in too and the air conditioning even tho it was cold inside. 
"What is it you want to say?" You asked 
He opened his mouth but instead of his voice.... He made a doorbell sound.

You opened your eyes in shock when you heard the doorbell. You looked at your clock and you almost screamed from your shock. You have slept for two hours. You quickly went to the door and screamed "one second" to lay who was still waiting outside. You quickly applied makeup and fixed your hair .. When you made sure you looked perfect you opened the door.
"I'm sorry La..baekhyun?!" 
"Were you waiting for someone?" Baekhyun seemed surprised 
"Ah.. No.. What is it?"
You wanted this to end quickly .. You had to go there .. What if he was gone.. Waiting for two hours? Was that possible?
"Sarah?"
"Ah.. Yeah?"
"I said I have something to tell you.. So come with me"
Two hours were too much.. No one would wait this much...baekhyun was looking at you.
"Your necklace.. You're not wearing it
You touched your neck.. It was gone. It was there before.. You don't remember removing it before you took a shower.
Was that important now?
"Baekhyun.. Sorry .. I have to go now . but I'll listen to what you have to tell me later"
"But" he grabbed your hand but you removed it with your other hand and smiled "later"
What you didn't see before you ran to the atrium not even taking the elevator.. Running down 20 floors stairs, was how baekhyun ran his hand through his hair, biting his lip, leaning against the wall.

You reached the atrium breathless and your feet hurt from the long day, but you had to find him. He was not there. You felt lost now.. He must have waited and of course he would have given up waiting by now.. You remembered baekhyun and turned back.. 
"You came?" This voice ... It made you freeze. You couldn't turn around to face him....
"Come with me" he grabbed your hand and you both got out of the hotel.
He was only walking without saying anything .. You liked that a lot .. You felt there is a lot he is thinking about.
"What is it that you want to say?" You stopped and he stopped too.
You were both on the pavement right under the night lamp.
He looked at the ground for a moment .. lay blinked and stared at your face. He ran his hand through your hair removing it from your eyes then he touched your cheek.
"Ever since the day you fell into the sea. I have fallen for you. And I'm falling again and again every single day.. And this is deeper than the sea you fell into"
Before you gather the millions of pieces left from your heart that has exploded like fireworks, you felt his lips on yours.
You were drowning again, but this time you didn't wish to be saved.

When you got back to the hotel lay smiled at you 
"It's late.. See you tomorrow" you smiled too as he left your hand slowly..
You reached your floor 
"Sarah" baek was still there.. Omg you have totally forgotten.. 
"Oh baekhyun my friend" you smiled so wide that made him smile too..
"You're in a good mood" he said .. "Do you want to eat with me?"
"Dinner? OK"
you said and you got in to bring your purse.
You were both in the hotel's restaurant and you could see the Eiffel tower from the balcony. It was the best night in your life with the best friend you have ever known.
"Sarah.."
"Hmm?"
"There is something I need to tell you"

You were smiling and he smiled too.
"I was waiting until now because.. I wanted to tell you when the others were gone.."
"What is it?"
"I love you!"