Oh to be Home

A Captured Love

*a/n Red = English Green= The voice you hear when you talk to yourself IDK what it's called :)

Cadella was on her way home after having an extremely stressful but amazing day. She called her boss first thing in the morning and set up a meeting with him to talk about all that had occurred while she was gone. She even checked or her students, and co-teacher who both seemed glad to see her. She’d been calling friends who had left her numerous voicemails, many of who spent half their time yelling at her and the other were just glad she was alive. One of who was her friend Min-chi whom she’d met when she first moved to Korea.

Della!” At the sound of her name, Cadella followed the voice and acknowledged the petite woman flailing her arms hysterically. Excited to see someone whom she recognized she didn’t realize how much she had missed a friendly face until this moment.

Hi, Min-Chi!” The two hugged as they took their seats. “What made you pick this place?” Cadella asked as she read the menu even though she already knew what she was going to order. Being only answered with silence she peeked over her menu and saw the face of her friend thoroughly perplexed.

“정말로?”(Really?) You disappear for almost a month with not as much as a goodbye and the best you can say is, ‘Why'd you pick this place? I was worried sick about you. People kept calling me asking about you. I read stories Cadella. Do you know how many times I wondered if you had been killed for your organs or sold into some ual trafficking ring? And the best you can say is ‘Why’d you pick this place."

Min-

I don’t know if you were on some next-level PMS type $!@# or whatever but that was not cool.”

“Noona”

No. Don’t Noona me alright. You pulling a disappearing stunt is not nice. What are trying to do? Age me prematurely? You want me to be more than a Noona? You want me to be an Ajumma? No! for the amount of stress you cause you want me to be an할머니(Halmeoni). Is that it? You want me to be one step from the grave?"

“Would you just listen to me for a second and let me explain.” Cadella waited as Min-Chi leaned back against the booth and crossed her arms. “Like I was trying to say. I was in a dangerous car accident, and I lost a lot of my memory, so my fiancé has been taking care of me until I got better.” Cadella paused to think of Ha-Kyung whom she hadn’t thought about him all day and suddenly she felt guilty for sneaking out the way she did. 

Della, in all the time that I’ve known you, I’ve never known you to lie so I need you to look me in the eye and say that again.

I was in a car…

“Not that. The part where you said, you had a fiancé.

Yeah I have a fiancé.

Wow. That was fast but if you feel like you know him well enough I guess it's your life. As long as you love him I suppose that’s all that matters right?

“Yeah,” Cadella stared at her cup of tea blankly.

What’s wrong Della? My two cents of advice isn’t giving you second thoughts is it?

No, it just we had an argument earlier, and I haven’t talked to him since, and I feel kind of bad about it?

Well, no worries. Your friend is here to help you feel better in no time. The only tool I need is a little 소주 (Beer), so I’ll be back, and we can talk all the wrong about men tonight so we can forget about it in the morning.” Cadella stared at her friend as she flirted with the bartender for free drinks her mind began to fill with thoughts of Ha-Kyung again.

“Sir we have eyes on her. Just give us the call and we’ll apprehend her.” Ji-soo stated as he stood before Ha-Kyung, who sat at his desk reading back through files.

“No. Don’t apprehend her. If we do that, she’ll become defiant which will make it harder to reason with her later. You are dismissed Ji-Soo.” As Ha-Kyung waved him off, Ji-Soo bowed and left Ha-Kyung in his office by himself.

“The only potential loose end here seems to be this Ki-Sun character but he hasn’t caused too much difficulty yet, and according to the secretary at his job he’ll be out of the country until next month.”

Wouldn’t it be just easier to kill him so that there are no potential loose ends?

“You know I don’t like to kill unless I have to.”

You mean unless someone poses a threat to your plans?

“One and the same.”

How are you going to get her knocked up in 30 days? We're not talking just married or engaged. You have to have a little human in her growing in her or all of this will have been for nothing.

“I’ve already acknowledged that. Cadella seems like the type to fall for someone hard and fast, and given my charm she’ll be married to me yesterday?” Ha-Kyung chuckled to himself as he placed his glass of scotch on the table and prepared for a demonstration. Just as he had exited his office he was greeted again by his right-hand man Ji-Soo.“Ji-soo gather the men and bring them to the cliff. I want to have a little chat.” Ha-Kyung stated as he locked the door to his office behind him.

“Yes, Sir.” As quickly as the instruction was given Ji-Soo was gone.

Ha-Kyung acknowledged the two men to his side and motioned for them to follow him. “Gentlemen were is Cadella right now?”

“We have eyes on her at Kim’ s Kimchi Restaurant on the East side of Seoul, Sir.”

“And who is she meeting with?”

“A Jang Min-Chi, sir?”

“Relationship?”

“Appears they’re friend’s sir?”

“Well then, let me know when they start dessert. I want to surprise my Fiancé.” 

“You know what angers me the most about men?” Min-Chi had downed her 8th shot and was still conscious was was a miracle in Cadella’s eyes. She could barely make it past one.“All they do is use people and you know who’s number one on that list?”

“Nope but I’m sure you’re going to tell me,” Cadella questioned as she rested her head on her wrist.

“Us. Women. Females. The… XX chromosomes of the world.”

“And what made you come across this great phenomenon?” The waiter walked by and gave Min-Chi another shot.

“I’ll tell you what. A little thing called…called… Experiment…”

Experience you mean?”

“Don’t sass me when I’m drunk kid.” Min-Chi attempted to place her hands on her hips and assert herself. “I know what I’m talking about. They either want to use us for our lady-jewels,  make themselves feel like a hero, to have their babies. ”

“Is that right?”

“Those aren’t’ even the worst ones. The worst it when they use you to advance themselves.”

“Min-Chi, that sounds like a list of descriptions of all your exes.”

“True but I’m not wrong. The one thing that they have in common that makes them so painful is when they pretend to love you then it hurts.” Min-Chi laid her head on the bar just as the bartender appeared again. You quickly turned her glass over giving him a hint. Suddenly her head perked back up. “Del, Don’t let these boys make you into a rock when you weren’t to be a diamond, honey.” She stretched her hand out to ruffle Cadella’s hair.

“You know your friends right.” Cadella looked up to see the bartender cleaning glasses. “Take it from a guy who’s done most of those things.”

“Is it ironic the amount of insight that comes from a mind under the influence?” 

He smiled to himself and nodded. “Did you want your check since you aren’t drinking and your friends checked out?”

Cadella looked at her watch. “ Do you know if the kitchen can make strawberry cheesecake?”

“Do we have any leads on the case regarding the Silver Cobras?”

One of the men stepped forward and presented all he had found to Ha-Kyung.“ They are an old mob group original from China but new to the scenes here in Korea. Most of their trade has to do with drugs and political bribery.”

“Do we have an understanding to what their business was with…Kang?...Ji-Soo what was that guys name?”

“Bang Choi-Ji, Sir.”

“Right. Well, the reason I have called you all out here today was that I wanted to deliver you a heartfelt message from my heart.” Ha-Kyung pointed at ten men and told them to step forward. “I have a simple question to ask all of you, and I want you to be completely honest. Understand?”

“Yes, sir.” The men each answered in unison. 

Ha-Kyung looked over the ocean. “One-by-one I want each of you to name a person you think I favor the most. There’s no right or wrong answer I just want to hear you opinion.”

“Head Master Ji-Soo Sir.”

“Sunbae, Ji-Soo Sir”

“Hyung, Ji-Soo Sir.”

“Master Ji-Soo Sir.”
 
Each of the men continued to name Ji-Soo as someone that they figured Ha-Kyung favored. 

“Thank you, gentlemen.” Each of the men stepped backward into line. “Ji-soo if you would come here please.” Ji-Soo stood beside Ha-Kyung. “We are here to celebrate the bounds of loyalty. Ji-Soo has been of great service to me for this long number of years and for that I present a toast.” One of the men brought a tray of drinks and passed them around.

“To Ji-Soo!” All the men raised their glasses and drank gladly. “I would like to make a statement tonight?” Suddenly Ji-Soo dropped to the ground clutching his neck. “I like to clear the air in times of celebration so I’d like to say this.” Ji-Soo began to gasp for air uncontrollably. “Did you all know that Ji-Soo was born Bang Ji-Soo as in the man we recently killed after tampering with my business.” Ji-Soo began to seize on the ground. “I knew this when I had first met Ji-Soo but thought little of it even as I started to trust him more and more. But I learned from an early age to trust not one single soul and to always remain one step ahead.” Ha-Kyung knelt down beside Ji-Soo and turned his head from side-to-side. “Usually I would have only shot you but I’ve grown a soft spot so I decided you might want not go so quickly huh?” 

Ha-Kyung stood up and kicked Ha-Kyung off the edge of the cliff holding his hand to his ear. “Listen.”
*splash* “Now.” Ha-Kyung held his hand in praying position. “Please, remember that sound if either of you try to cross me?” Ha-Kyung turned towards the ocean. “This spot has the best sunsets. Almost to die for don’t you think?” 

A.Q. If you guys could have a date at any location/place/setting etc. what would it be and what would you do while you were there?