Japan Weekend Pt. 1 (Edited)

A Captured Love

"Alright make sure you guys study for your test on Monday, even if you know everything, keep studying and if you do that then start reading the next chapter." It was the end of the day on Friday, and the Cadella's students were beginning to get restless. At the sound of the bell, the students were already gathering their things. "Have a good weekend guys! Study and have some fun."

"Teacher!" Cadella looked to see her favorite student, Ma-Shim standing before her holding out a gift towards her. "I made you a welcome back gift." Cadella knelt to his eye level and accepted the gift gratefully. 

"Thank you Ma-Shim" Cadella looked through the bag and saw what was inside. It was a necklace that looked like it cost a hefty price. Cadella knew most of her student's parents from conferences, but every day Ma-Shim came to school he always arrived and left alone, which was odd because for someone his age it was common for kids to be walked home, or ride with friends at least. He always ate his lunch food like it was the last meal he ate. In a week, we usually wore two of the same outfits like clockwork. Needless to say, Cadella wondered how someone so young could have acquired a necklace of this caliber. "This is very kind of you, but I can not accept this."

A look of surprise, sadness and then disappointment over his face. "I can get you another one." Cadella put her hand on his shoulder and looked him in his eyes. 

"Ma-Shim where did you get this necklace?" Cadella looked her student in his eyes until he suddenly couldn't make eye contact her and the ceiling seemed to interest him all of a sudden. "Ma-Shim?"

"I..."

"Did you steal this necklace Ma-Shim?" Before she could even finish his sentence, she saw the tears welling in his eyes. Cadella handed him back the bag. I appreciate the gesture, but I'm sure the owner would appreciate it more to have it returned to them."

"Am I already losing you to a guy younger than me?" At the sound of Ha-Kyung's voice both her and Ma-Shim turned to see Ha-Kyung leaning against the door. Cadella stood up and brushed her skirt off. 

"Ha-Kyung what are you doing here?"

"I'm taking you on a weekend trip so we can start rekindling our  old feelings for each other." Cadella looked at Ma-Shim behind him who still had streaks running down his cheeks. 

"Ma-Shim I trust you will do as I asked."

"I'm sorry teacher."

"It's okay you can make up to me by doing well on your test Monday." Cadella made a fist. "Fighting." Suddenly she and Ma-Shim were throwing pretend punches at each as he walked out the door.

"Yes, teacher."

Cadella turned her back towards Ha-Kyung and started gathering her papers on her desk. "You won't' be needing any of that."

"Ha-Kyung you will not be taking me anywhere. If you wanted to take me somewhere, you should have asked. You can't assume that I have time for you."

"I can if your my fiancé." Ha-Kyung stood in front of the door frame and began to walk behind Cadella. "You are leaving this room one of two ways."

Cadella turned around and stepped back as she almost ran into Ha-Kyung's chest. "I'm going out of here, either by foot or by the bus." Cadella tried to walk around him only to have him put his hand on the chalkboard blocking her path. 

"That's where you are wrong. You will walk out of here with me, or I can carry you out. Those are your two options." Cadella leaned against the table and placed her hands on her hips.

"All you are is skin and bones. There is no way you can pick me up. If you were going to call a bluff at least, make it believable." Cadell responded confidently. Ha-Kyung smirked in a way that made Cadella lose her confidence and second-guess everything he said. Ha-Kyung wrapped his arms around Cadella's waist and suddenly her like she was a bag of feathers as he carried her over his shoulder. "Ha-Kyung! Put me down! If my co-workers see me like this, they'll talk about me! Put me down! People will be able to see up my skirt! I'll walk out! I'll walk out!" Cadella started to squirm like crazy to get out of his grip.

"Sorry love but I gave you two options."

Cadella continued to struggle to get out of Ha-Kyung's arms before he walked out of the room. "Ha-Kyung if you don't put me down I promise you'll regret it."

"I don't think you're in the position to do much of anything right now."

Cadella smiled to herself and pulled out her secret weapon. In record time, she had unleashed a rapid fury of tickles on his back. "Stop that..." Ha-Kyung struggled to say as he continued to seize and jerk awkwardly."I'm gonna drop..." Cadella went for the most sensitive area and attacked his armpits which were fully exposed due to him holding her.

Ha-Kyung was red in the face. Cadella couldn't tell if it was because he was upset or if it was from laughing. Cadella got off the floor and glared at Ha-Kyung. "I finally learned your weakness," Cadella said smiling to herself. Ha-Kyung looked at Cadella blankly, not understanding what she said.

"Stop speaking English; this is Korea." 

...

"Where are we going exactly?" 

"You'll find out once we get there."

Frustrated with Ha-Kyung's vagueness once again she searched the music stations for something to break the silence. "What kind of music do you like?"

"The kind of instruments."

"Well, that certainly narrows it down doesn't it?" Cadella noticed the glove box and started to open it. Her mother always said you can tell a lot about a man based on what he keeps in his glove box. 

"Don't open that," Ha-Kyung said strongly, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Fine," Cadella responded dishonestly as she went ahead and opened the compartment anyway. "Where are your CD's?" Ha-Kyung watched from the corner of his eye as Cadella still rummaged through his things, and slowly pulled the car off the side of the road. Cadella wasn't expecting to see the gun but brushed it off but when she saw the numerous pill bottles she began to feel uneasy. She looked at Ha-Kyung as she pulled the bottle out one-by-one. 

Ha-Kyung unbuckled his seat belt and turned his whole body to face Cadella as they both stared each other eye-to-eye."You shouldn't have done that."

"Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do. The only person to be telling anyone what to do is me." Ha-Kyung leaned forward and firmly placed his hands on the back of Cadella's neck. "You can scrap this trip. We need to get you to rehab." Cadella watched as Ha-Kyung dropped his head and felt him drop his hand from her neck. "Whatever you are addicted too I'll help you get whatever help you need, but you gotta be straight--" Cadella was cut off by the deep and hearty chuckle that erupted from ha-Kyung's chest. After he had caught his breath, he wiped the tears from his eyes and it wasn't until Ha-Kyung looked at Cadella that he saw them welling up in her eyes. 

Ha-Kyung cleared his throat and look put his seatbelt back on. "That is sweet, but I'm not a drug addict."

"Then why all the bottles? Just because you work in pharmaceuticals doesn't mean you should have your personal stock." 

Ha-Kyung pulled back onto the highway turning his attention back to his original destination. "For the second time, I'm not an addict. My physician prescribed each of those bottles and if you look closely." Ha-Kyung took one of the bottles from her hand and gestured towards the label. "It doesn't say , or Ecstacy, or ACID, or Angel Dust or anything else."

Cadella snatched back the bottle and wiped her eyes. "Shut up and pay attention to the road you jerk." Ha-Kyung continued to smirk as he heard the frustration in her voice. 

"You have a habit of becoming very dramatic." Cadella sat with her arms crossing her chest. "How are you upset?" Cadella turned her full body towards the window and put in her earphones. "You are upset that I'm not a drug addict?" Ha-Kyung heard Cadella turned the volume up through her earphones, making him clutch the wheel tighter as he continued to drive. 

...

As they pulled up to a high black metal gate. Cadella reached for the glove compartment but was surprised by the sudden movement of Cadella. "Is this where you were taking me?" Ha-Kyung was surprised because he thought she would've been asleep by now.

"Yes."

"Where are we exactly?" Cadella asked.

"Japan." He answered dryly.

Cadella figured picked up on the tone in Ha-Kyung's voice and thought he probably wasn't in the mood for small talk and was probably tired from driving nearly four hours. When they pulled up to the house, they both got out of the car and were greeted by another man dressed similarly to the man who stood at the gate. He gestured towards the front door bowed, and proceed to the rear of the car and took out their bags. A housekeeper stood in the opening of the door expectantly for the two to arrive. "Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Jeong. I will be leading you to the room you'll be staying in while you visit." Without waiting for a reply, the woman bowed and lead them down a hallway. Cadella liked the home because it reminded her of a cabin, not just because of its outdoor surroundings but because of the heavy presence of wood-based furniture. Cadella was lost in thought when she was interrupted by Ha-Kyung's voice.

"...then tomorrow I am taking you out wherever you would like to go."

"Anywhere?" I stepped out of the door and hustled to keep up with Ha-Kyung who was already halfway up the front steps.

"Yes." 

"Let's go on a date." I tried to focus on the conversation we were having but between just being tired, and looking at the design of the luxurious but welcoming cabin I couldn't help but occasionally stumble over my feet as I tried to take in each detail. 

"A date?" He said annoyingly.

"Yes. I do not think I am going to remember the memories we had together before, but why not make some new one." I quickly stepped in front of him to make him stop walking and actually talk to me, as I placed my arm on the wall.

"Fine I'll make a reservation, now would you please move. Not everyone got to sleep for four hours in the car..." There was that sassy attitude that seemed to come about at the most random times, typically whenever you tried to challenge his thoughts. 

"Nope. I'm planning things tomorrow." I crossed my arms over my chest, authoritatively.

"I need to know where we are going because I can't go everywhere." There it was. Between being sassy, and short-tempered- there were even times when he would say comments like this, that didn't seem to fit in the conversation as if he was referring to another thing, that I was still missing in my memory. "I have certain agreements with specific, people that I intend to respect."

Ha-Kyung pushed me aside suddenly and continued towards what I assumed was his bedroom. "Oh and no business talk!" I shouted after him just as he turned down another hallway. 

....

As I undid my watch from my wrist I tried to justify the reasons for us being here. I couldn't think of any and any other time I go against my natural nature the voice always comes back to haunt me once again. I was exhausted from driving from Seoul, but I also didn't want to let her out of my sight after the last little stunt, so to improvise I made sure our rooms were at least attached, that way I could check on her in the middle of the night if I wanted. Sure she claimed to have meant no harm leaving as she did, but Ha-Kyung began to wonder if she was sincerely oblivious to the truth.

She knows what you're up to.

No, she doesn't

When she saw the gun in the glove compartment, she didn't seem the least bit phased. 

So?

You're becoming too relaxed with her. How do you know she isn't crawling through the ventilation system right now?

Della isn't just a pawn in this game any longer.

Clearly! Listen to yourself. You have pet names for her now? You are starting to lose sight of the goal.

I'm treating her like she is a person, that's all.

That's my point you can't deal with her as a person. Because then you'll treat her like a lady, then you'll treat her like a lover and so on. With each step, your judgment will get more and more clouded, and before you know it rather than being controlled by your father, you'll be monitored by some chick.

Who said anything about love? Beside's I have never verbally called her anything other than Fiancé or foreigner. 

I took another glance at my door that went straight into her room next door. I shook the thought from my mind and pule don a pair of gray sweats and pulled on a t-shirt. After spotting the fridge in the corner he knelt down and smirked at my friend's poor taste in alcohol.  "Not only does he live off the grid but he has weak drink preferences too?" I browsed for a few seconds and settled on a bottle of vodka and quickly poured myself a glass. After having downed a few glasses, I laid on the bed and let the warmth of the alcohol relax my mind.

I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried and changed into my PJ's. After I had finished, I looked in the mirror and immediately began doing my hair for tomorrow. After having applied the oil and then moisturizer I twisted my hair into a style that would result in a loosely curled afro. After the 90 minute process, I dropped my arms to her sides and massaged my upper arms. "I might not lift weights, but I can kick but in an arm wrestle," I said to myself as I possed in the mirror like a body-builder. Closing the door behind me, I turned off the light, pulled open the curtain's and starred at the moon for the entire night as I tried to sleep. After attempting to sleep for a bit of time, I finally rolled over and noticed the light from Ha-Kyung's room shone underneath the door.

*knock knock* "Ha-Kyu-" Just as I started to call out Ha-Kyung opened the door, revealing his half- body. Underneath all the suits I had seen him wear, was a very fit and muscular body, but not too much that you'd be afraid to be hugged. His pants, hung low on his hips, making his muscles look as if they were meant to guide your eyes downwards. "What is it?" Cadella smelled the alcohol on his breath. 

"I'm having trouble sleeping so.." Ha-Kyung pushed past me, making his way towards my bed.

"So you wanted to find something extracurricular to make you tired, then?" 

I rolled her eyes and quickly sat next to him. "Nooo, I was going to ask if you could just keep me company until I slept."

Ha-Kyung looked me in my eyes "I will gladly keep you all the company that you want." As he leaned in closer to my face, almost as if to kiss me, but instead he engulfed me in a heavy hug that weighed me down making us both lay flat on the bed. "Mmmm you smell like graham crackers." I tried to stifle a laugh as he continued to rub his nose into my neck, but I figured what the heck and burst out anyway. 

"Ha-Kyung you clearly are drunk so I am going to take this opportunity to take advantage of you..."

Ha-Kyung tried to lift himself on to one of his arms and pointed his finger at me. "No means no Foreigner girl."

"You are right but I'm talking about your mind." You started to pull the covers over yourself but Ha-Kyung was pressing his body against your roughly and you could feel the warmth of whatever alcohol he drank, radiate off of his body. "If you could have anything in the world what would it be?" I was expecting the cliche, money, environmental safety, world peace, etc. but as I waited for his response. "Nothing material, a desire to do something different, a person you want to meet..." I would have continued until I felt something wet on my neck. I turned to look at Ha-Kyung to see a streak of tears coming from his eyes. "Ha-Kyung?" I started to feel his forehead to see if he was sick perhaps but as Ha-Kyung began to cry, as you hugged...clung to me tighter, I couldn't think of anything else to do besides hug him back. Hearing the occasional sniffs from the one person I'd yet to understand, I rubbed his back and began to stare at the moon again and we two both carried ourselves to sleep.