Shortcuts (Edited with Intro)

A Captured Love

 

Related image

Jeong Ha-Kyung anxiously stood out side of his fathers office as he awaited for their meeting. For the past eight years, his father had owned him but he couldn’t take it anymore. It was becoming to natural and too easy to kill, steal and commit crimes. Ha-Kyung thought back to the first time he had killed someone, and how he cried for months, however, he had just executed 25 innocent people without a second thought. He needed to get out of the family business and regain what sanity he had lost while he had the chance.

“Ha-Kyung.” At the sound of his name, Ha-Kyung stood and passed a large man with a shaved head and showed the symbols of his father's business tattooed on the side of his neck.

“Have a seat my son.” Jeong Ha-Sum motioned for his son to take a seat in the chair across form his desk. It had been several months since he had last seen his father, despite the fact that they lived on the same estate, and that Ha-Kyung worked for him, the two rarely saw each other, which left little time for casual get-together. “What is the cause for this urgent business that couldn’t be discussed over the phone?” Ha-Kyung starred back at his father letting him know he had serious intentions. “I want out.”

...

Jeong Ha-Kyung left his fathers office feeling more stressed out than when he had entered. He had three months to complete his task, and failure is not an option.

--------------------------------------------------------1 week later------------------------------------------------------------

“I know, I know, I’ll be there in ten minutes.” Cadella quickly answered her phone, already knowing who was calling her. “Yes I left on time but traffic was bad on the subway.” She checked her watch not paying attention to where exactly she was going. “I’m cutting through the park now so bye.” She ended the call not even allowing for a response from her friend.

Why is it so dark? Aren’t parks supposed to have lights at night? Cadella pulled her coat closer to her body and decided to cut through some trees and ditch the sidewalks.

“Did you think I would let this go?”

Unsure of where the voice came from, Cadella looked around and noticed several figures in the distance. She started to approach because she thought she could ask for directions.

“You attack my men? Steal my merchandise and then try to leave town?” The man talking seemed to be talking to someone else, but you didn’t hear any responses. You peeked around the tree and saw that several people where on their knees, with duct tape over their eyes and mouths. “Mr. Jang I don’t like being lied to.” The man talking knelt in front of someone and removed the tape from his mouth painfully.

“Please, Ha-Kyung! I beg you to have mercy on me. Do you think I would be so foolish to attack your mean knowingly? I thought they were burglars, and I didn’t steal those drugs someone gave those to me.”

The man identified as Ha-Kyung smiled and ruffled the crazy mans hair. “Mr.Jaaaanng. If you keep lying like this, you’re just going to make it easier to kill you.”

Kill? Did he say kill?

“I’m not lying. I, wouldn’t skip town on someone of your caliber. I was simply going to visit my mother who is very ill.”

“Tsk tsk  Mr. Jang you are just begging for death aren’t you?” Ha-Kyung nodded his head to the other men who then pulled out a gun and shot the other six people on their knees, who’s screams where muffled by tape. Mr. Jang’s face expressed a significant amount of fear.

“I love to kill, but it’s always good to cause a little suffering first.” The men with guns took off the victims’ tape from their eyes and mouths.

Mr. Jang began to weep as Ha-Kyung continued to speak. “Let’s see we have your wife, your mother, your father, your daughter, and the others were just for good sport.” Mr. Jang began to breathe slowly. But Ha-Kyung quickly slapped him.

“Ah ah ah. No, you don’t.” Ha-Kyung looked to the other men. “…trying to stop your pace maker as an act of suicide is something I…” *slap* “…do not…” *slap* “…like. It ruins the fun for me.” Ha-Kyung straightened his jacket and took a glance at his watch. “Damn would you look at the time. I’m almost late for dinner, and I’m having Kimchi tonight.” Ha-Kyung shrugged his shoulders, took a gun from one of the men and shot Mr. Jang right in the chest. The other men then surrounded and fired what sounded like a million rounds.

It's too high to get over (yeah, yeah)

Too low to get under (yeah, yeah)

You're stuck in the middle (yeah, yeah)

And the pain is thunder (yeah, yeah)

At the sound of her ringtone, Cadella frantically searched for her phone and silenced it. She clutched it to her chest in hopes that they didn’t hear it over the rounds of fire. She peeked through the branches of trees again to see the men looking in her direction.

“Go handle it,” Ha-Kyung said. Three men made their way in her direction. She quickly turned and ran as fast as she could through the trees hoping that she could at least get away without them seeing her face. She was beginning to think that maybe she had lost them in the thickness of the trees, but she was corrected at the sound of shots firing behind her. She looked behind to see that they had gained on her quickly.

They sure are fast for big guys

Suddenly the ground was going sharply downhill, and Cadella was struggling to maintain her footing when her foot was caught on a tree root, and she fell to tumble down the hill. As she began to reach the bottom of the hill her head landed on a rock and knocked her unconscious. The last thing Cadella heard was a voice.

“I got her…”

a/n* I intend for this to be an on-going fiction. Don't forget to comment. (I like to hear from my peeps :)