Ki-Sun?

A Captured Love

“Cadella? Where have you been? I’ve been worried sick about you.”

“You have?” Cadella turned to Ha-Kyung, who stood beside her as he listened to the conversation she was having with her mother. She nudged him away in need of personal space. “I was in a car accident,” Cadella stated as she leaned her back against the wall. “I’m okay. I was just unconscious for a few days, but Ha-Kyung is taking care of me.”

Cadella noticed the long pause her mother held the phone. “You were in a coma? Why didn’t anyone call me? Whose Ha-Kyung?”

“Yes I was in a coma, I didn’t call you because I was focused on trying to regain my memory, and he’s my fiancé.”

“Fiancé? You are too young to be getting married. What happened to Ki-Sun?”

Ki-Sun? “Umm…I don’t know who that is?” Cadella was caught off guard by her mother’s statement. Could she have meant Ha-Kyung, by some odd chance?

“Last time you and I talked you were dating some guy, named Ki-Sun.”

Cadella looked at Ha-Kyung questioningly as he sat leaned on the table staring right back at her. She quickly turned her body against his gaze. “Well, I’m marrying Jeong Ha-Kyung, now .”

Cadella heard her mother sigh deeply over the phone. “I know I’m bad with names, but I know you weren’t dating anybody named Ha-Kyung.”

“Are you sure mom?”

“I don’t know; maybe I could have you mistaken for my other daughter who’s living half way across the world engaged to some Asian man…” Cadella heard the obvious sarcasm in her mother's voice.

“Mom you’re confusing me. I’m suffering from enough amnesia as it is.”

“Well is this Ha-Kyung fellow taking care of you at least?”

“Yeah.” Cadella felt a presence invade your personal space behind you and turned to see Ha-Kyung tapping his wrist to hurry you along. “Well mom it’s kind of late here but I’ll talk to you soon okay?”

“Aright bye honey.”

“Bye.” Cadella hung up and stood still for a moment as she continued to ask herself questions. Who’s Ki-Sun? Ki-Sun? Ki-Sun? Cadella couldn’t help but acknowledge that the name sounded familiar and not because she had heard moments earlier. Maybe I know a Ki-Sun as a Co-worker or something?

“What are you thinking? What did she say?” Cadella snapped out of her thoughts as she took notice fo Ha-Kyung’s presence again and quickly started to brush past him.  

“Nothing.” 

“As long as you were on the phone how can you only talk about nothing?” Ha-Kyung spoke sternly, and with a condescending tone Cadella didn’t like.

“I barely got a chance to say hello before you started rushing me,” Cadella said as she crossed her hands over her chest defiantly.

“It’s late, and you should be asleep right now,” Ha-Kyung responded.

“Maybe I don’t want to sleep.” Cadella was becoming more defensive, and so was Ha-Kyung. Cadella disliked his condescending tone while Ha-Kyung disliked how defiant she became when she contradicted him. 

“I don’t care what you want to do. I’m telling you what you’re going to do.” 

“You can’t make me do anything. What you can do is tell me who is Ki-Sun?” Ha-Kyung was surprised by the mention of the name. He had seen it appear a few times in the papers Ji-Soo had provided regarding her past, but he had failed to pay much attention to it. Just as he had done earlier, Ha-Kyung his acting skills and decided to play the offensive card. 

“I don’t want to talk about this.” Ha-Kyung sighed loudly and turned to face away from Cadella.

“Why not? Who is he?”

“He’s...” Ha-Kyung cleared his throat and the water works. “…your ex-lover.”

“What?”

“A few months ago you and I had a significant disagreement that nearly broke us apart. While we were apart, you started an affair with him.” Ha-Kyung knew that he had her as her silence only accompanied him. He decided to try and make it more believable by elaborating more. “We argued because I had confessed that I'd been unfaithful myself. I’m not sure why you wanted him more than me, but I wish I knew...” Ha-Kyung looked lost in thought as he looked at Cadella.  “In the end you decided to give us another chance, and ever since I have been trying to get us back to where we once were but then you had your accident and…” Ha-Kyung felt two arms wrap around his waist as he stood stiff as a tree, surprised by Cadella sudden gesture. 

Cadella began to loosen her hold and stepped back from Ha-Kyung “I’m sorry.” Ha-Kyung saw the guilty look on her face and for a brief felt sorry for misleading her like this, but quickly dismissed the feeling. 

“I guess this makes us even.” Ha-Kyung began to chuckle to lighten the mood, but Cadella still looked disappointed herself. “At least we have a fresh start now right?” Ha-Kyung leaned forward so to make her look him in his eyes.

“I guess.” 

Ha-Kyung placed his hands on her cheeks and quickly kissed her on the forehead. “I’ve cleared my schedule all day tomorrow so we can do whatever you’d like, okay?” Ha-Kyung made his face level to hers. She seemed surprised by Ha-Kyung’s actions as he was by hers.

“Anything?” 

“Anything.”

...

Ha-Kyung took a seat behind his desk and pulled out Cadella’s file from his bottom drawer. As Ha-Kyung flipped back through his files he highlighted the few times the name ‘Ki-Sun’ appeared and they all seemed to be in reference to a significant other. Ha-Kyung pulled up his information and observed anazlyzed what kind of person this Ki-Sun person could be. He was a music producer in seoul who was only slightly older than Cadella. He checked his social media and saw that he had posted pictures of him and Cadella together, and had his relationship status marked as ‘in a relationship’. “I haven’t even met this guy and he’s a pain in my side already.If I weren’t a drug dealer I’d be a fool not seriously to consider acting,” Ha-Kyung said as he smiled to himself."

“Sir, aren’t you being a little cruel?” Ha-Kyung looked up to see Ji-Soo standing in the corner of his room.

“I’d love to be ‘honest’ if it didn’t risk my plans working out in my favor. I need her to think everything I say is the truth, hand-dipped in gold for this to work.” Ji-Soo ed his suit jacket and took a seat across from Ha-Kyung and shook his head in disagreement. “What’s the worst she would do?”

“I don’t know sir. I sometimes read the sanest women can snap. A woman once found her husband was having an affair with the nanny and…” *cough* “…took his manhood and killed the nanny.”

Ha-Kyung looked at Ji-Soo in confusions and then concern. “You need to read some new books, my friend.”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“I’ve got this handled,” Ha-Kyung spoke as he placed the papers down and poured himself a glass.

“Your father called and said that he’s coming over tomorrow.”

“That won’t work.”

“You had me free your whole schedule?”

Ha-Kyung took a sip of his vodka. “I know, but it wasn’t for him.” Ji-Soo looked at Ha-Kyung confused. “I promised her I’d spend the whole day doing whatever she wanted.” Ji-Soo started to smile. “What?”

“Nothing.” Ji-Soo stood from the chair. “It’s just that this is how it all starts.  First you spend the day with her and then you're calling her pet names.”

“Oh, are you a comedian now? What night does your TV show come on?”

“I’m serious.”

“And so am I. I am not one to plant flowers where there is concrete Ji-Soo.” Ha-Kyung took another sip of his vodka. “You can see yourself out.” Ji-Soo bowed and exited the room.

*a/n I apologize that this took so long. Please forgive me!