Come back (pt.1)

DOPE BANGTAN

 

 

 

 

Sequel to "You Don't___"

 

Taehyung had came back to the dorm full of smiles. That is , until he saw Jimin's note and keys. He thought it was a joke at first until he checked the wardrobe, shelf and even called up their hyungs in case Jimin moved in with them. Nothing...

It's been... 6 years? They've graduated and started working. Taehyung only found back his smile 3 years after that day. Thanks to Bangtan. But he can't help missing that puzzle piece. His dear best friend that left and never came back. So today, on the 13th of October, he finds himself again staring at another selca they took together, wishing his best friend. "Happy birthday" Something he does yearly.

They had tried calling Jimin and leaving him messages but they were never returned. Read but not replied. Jungkook? Taehyung wondered why the other was not affected. Recently the younger did seem distracted and always mumbling something along the line of- shouldn't have done that... But his boyfriend didn't really seem like he cared about Jimin at the start. Taehyung is now a detective, Jungkook a police officer, Jin a certified doctor, Yoongi a chief of an investigation team. Somehow, the four ended up working for the government. Hoseok officially started his career as a speed racer and Namjoon works at a gas station.

The 6 of them gathered for a reunion at a small cafe located at the borderlines of Seoul. All were wearing their uniforms except Hoseok and Namjoon since they just reported off work. Their lively chatter were stopped when they heard a cheerful voice exclaiming, "Thanks for the offer! Come again!" They eyed each other before turning. They see the back view of someone who has Jimin's body figure, bowing down respectfully. The said person turned around and their eyes widened. The said boy had Jimin's face, body, voice and... red hair? They watch Jimin quietly, unsure if it IS their Jimin.

A colleague approached Jimin with a smile. "I'm going back first. Remember to lock up the shop when our last customer goes okay?" Jimin's all so familiar eye smile is drawn on his face. "Okay! Bye Xiumin hyung! Good luck for tomorrow!" They hug and the guy called Xiumin leaves. They watch as Jimin disappears behind the counter. "Should we order now?" Jungkook cleared his throat. "I'm going to the toilet"

"Waiter!" Namjoon called out with a lower voice tone. Jimin comes skipping with a notepad and a bright smile on his face. One they have never seen for 6 years and a day. "Annyeoghaseyo! Welcome to-" "Jimin" Yoongi cut him off. Jimin's eyes widened as he looked up only to meet the gazes of his long time friends. He inhales a sharp breath. "I'm sorry?" Taehyung gives him a sad stare. "You're going to pretend you don't recognise us now?" Jimin's pupils wander on his notepad. "I'm sorry. I'm not the Jimin you all know, though many have said that I look like him. It was even worse when I had brown hair. Can I take your order now?" He offers them a smile that he hoped didn't look shaky.

After taking their orders, Jimin goes back to his position behind the counter. He walks to the back and gives the orders to the chef before going to the toilet. He placed his snapback beside the sink before sighing. "Why the hell are they here? Close call Jimin..." He bent down and splashed his face with water. When he looked back into the mirror, he met eyes filled with worry but relief and a body in a police uniform. He jumped and gasped, spinning around immediately. "Was my reflection that scary?" Jimin's panting as he clutched his chest, wordlessly staring at the younger in horror.

"So you were here all along?" Jungkook took a step forward. Jimin pushes himself against the sink. "6 years you ran away. It was because of me, wasn't it?" Jimin's chest rises up and down as he tries to panic. "Jimin... what I said at that time, I'm sorry" Jungkook reaches out to touch Jimin's shoulder but the older makes a run for the toilet door. Jungkook's quick reflexes and long limbs allow him to catch Jimin. He traps Jimin against the wall and stares down at him. "Listen to me, I'm sorry. You might not know this but I searched for you in the police files in case something happened. Jimin, I love you. I love Taehyung too an-" "One time thing" Jimin's voice is soft as he stares at the ground.

"What?" Jimin's tears fall, splashing on Jungkook's boots. "Just a one time thing. Whatever you are feeling right now is because of that moment. You were drunk and I happen to be there" Jimin quoted what he would always remember from 6 years ago. Jungkook opens his mouth to speak but there was a knock on the door. "Jungkook? You okay in there? Food's packed already. We have a sudden emergency case" It was Taehyung. "I'll be out soon!" Taehyung yells back. "We'll wait for you in the car" The two inside wait for Taehyung to go away. Jungkook pushed himself off Jimin. "I'll be back" He opens the door and goes out.

Jimin feels like he could finally breathe. He falls down to the floor, cluthing his chest. Why do I have to meet them after years?!