You don't ___

DOPE BANGTAN

 

 

THIS WAS INSPIRED BY A DRABBLE/FIC > http://archiveofourown.org/works/4708004/chapters/10751708

You'll find that it's very similar

ANGST [ curse words ]

Jimin centric. Established!Vkook Broken!Jimin

Not idols in this drabble

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin's POV

 

News of them came as a shock. Taehyung had happily skipped into our shared dorm and announced that he was dating Jungkook. Our dear Kookie. Jungkookie who I adored so much. 4 years ago, Jungkook had been added to our group, Bangtan. It pains me to admit this but I love him. Taehyung doesn't know it. He doesn't need to. So here I am, sitting in front of Taehyung, trying my best to keep my smile stuck on my face. "You might not know this but we actually started two years ago and now we're officialI smile and nod but all I'm thinking is, You guys hid from me for 2 years?! I was the one who got the two of you talking to each other!

 

Taehyung opens his mouth to speak again but his phone vibrates. I took this opportunity to loosen my facial muscles that hurts from smiling too much. I look at him and judging by his smile, I already know it's Jungkook that he's texting.  I look down and let out a quiet sigh before smiling again. "who's-" "Jiminnie, follow me to the cafeteria" I open my mouth to speak but he's already tugging me out of our dorm.

 

As expected, the one greeting us at the cafeteria was none other than Jeon Jungkook himself. I was so not ready. I only found out 15 minutes ago. The ground opening up to swallow me whole was my only hope. But of course, that would never happen. Seeing Jungkook's smile no longer makes me want to smile. He's smiling because of Taehyung. I don't even think he notices me. "Tae~" He stands up and hugs Taehyung tightly. He never hugs me. No matter how hard I tried the past 4 years. I diverted my attention to the cafeteria floor instead.

 

After what felt like hours to me, they finally broke the hug but they were still glued to each other. "Oh hey Jimin hyung" Jungkook greets. I can't help feeling bitter but I still bowed back anyways. Taehyung sits beside Jungkook, both leaning into each other. I took a deep breath. "Why exactly am I dragged here?" Taehyung places a kiss at the nape of Jungkook's neck before answering. "You're joining us for lunch of course" Jimin scoffed. "And play gooseberry? No thanks"

Taehyung looked at me in shock. "What's wrong with you, Jiminnie?" I looked at him with the same appalled face. "What?" Jungkook rolled his eyes. "You just scoffed at us. That's what" Before I could reply, Yoongi hyung came and patted my arm. "Yah. Such a nice timing that you're here. Help me with my assignment" I stood up and walked off. A part of me told me to turn and at least say goodbye to them but my other half tells me that walking off is the best option.

 

Yoongi hyung is beside me before I know it. He slapped my shoulder. "Slow down kiddo. It's not like they're chasing you" I sigh and slowed down my pace.Yoongi hyung places a hand on my shoulder. "You found out?" I smiled whatever smile I could fork out. "Is it that obvious?" Yoongi hyung nodded. "definitely. I'm sorry I didn't tell you when I found out a while back" I shoved my hands into the pockets of my sweater. "2 years and I didn't even know. In that 2 years, I've been practically begging for Jungkook's attention. I even..." I trailed off as I realised what I was about to say.

 

Yoongi hyung held my arm, stopping me from walking. "You even what?" I tried shrugging his hand off but he had a strong grasp. "You even what, Jimin?" My eyes brimmed with tears. "Let me go hyung" The students walking past us gave us weird stares but otherwise left us alone. Yoongi hyung peeked at my face and he must've been shocked to see me crying. "Yah... Don't cry. Let's go to my dorm now" I allow him to drag me the way there.

 

When we arrived, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin hyung were lounging on the couch, watching tv. Both gasped when they met my eyes. "Jimin? What happened?" Jin hyung ran to me and hugged me. I broke down sobbing immediately. Yoongi explained as he locked the door. "I saw him almost breaking down in front of Taehyung and Jungkook so I took him away but he started tearing up when we talked about it in the hallways." My legs gave way and I fell onto the floor.

 

Hoseok hyung came over and helped me onto the couch. Jin hyung hugged me again and rubbed my back. "What's got you crying, Jimin?" Hoseok hyung asked as he sat beside me. I took a deep breath. "Everything that happened in the past 20 minutes. I'm so stupid. I even gave my first time to Jungkook" All three of them gasped. A 24 seconds of silence filled the room. "What?" Yoongi hyung asked in disbelief. I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. "A year ago, I gave it to Jungkook. He came to me and I willingly gave myself to him. He told me not to talk about it" Another few seconds of silence followed. "4 years I loved that kid and chased him. 2 years I've been kept in the dark. 1 year of stupidity. Should've known that the special person Taehyung was meeting had been Jungkook all along"

 

Namjoon hyung rubbed his face. "You're serious? I thought Taehyung told you!" I shook my head. "What do you mean? Wait, all of you knew?" Jin hyung nodded. "We all knew. You went back to Busan for urgent family matters remember? Taehyung said he would tell you when you got back" I groaned and ran a hand through my hair. "Why didn't anyone tell me that?! There's 4 of us! Surely one of you would've told me, right?!"


Author's POV
 

The silence that followed his question did nothing but break his heart. "wow hyungnims. I'm so glad that you would rather keep quiet than tell me" Their apologetic gazes only made Jimin more angry. "WHY?! WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU BOTHER?!" Jin placed his hand on Jimin's shoulder. "We didn't want to hurt you. We thought Taehyung would have told you and you would've been hurt enough" Jimin's eyes brimmed with tears as he stood up. "Thank's for being so considerate of my feelings hyungnims" He ran out of the dorm only to bump into the two people he didn't want to see the most. You already know who.

 

Taehyung grabbed his arm. "Jimin..." The fellow 95 liner shrugged his arm out of Taehyung's grip and ran off while crying. The two youngest ly to find Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok standing there with wavering pupils. Taehyung gave them a look of amusement. "Why are you so nervous, hyungs?" The three looked at Jungkook. The younger stared back with confusion. Taehyung waved a hand between them. "Yo? What's going on?"
 


Yoongi's jaw tightened. "Nothing" He walked past them, purposely brushing Jungkook's shoulder harshly. Jungkook looked as Yoongi walked away. Don't tell me they know... He turned to Jin and Hoseok to observe their expressions. He almost scowled when he sees the same gaze of shame Yoongi had. Jungkook cleared his throat and looked at Taehyung with a sweet smile. "Baby, I'm going to go back. I think I left my phone somewhere. Stay here. I'll be right back" He kisses Taehyung's lips quickly before running off.

 

He runs until he reaches the tree deep in the garden of their collage. True enough, he finds Jimin sitting underneath it, crying his heart out. Jungkook scowls and storms forward. He angrilly grabbed Jimin by the collar and made him stand up, slamming him against the tree. Jimin's gasp of surprise is mixed with his wincing from the strong impact of his back slammed against the tree. "J-J-Jungkook?" The younger slams him against the tree again. "You ! I told you not to breathe a word about what happened between us!"
 

Jimin's tears can't stop falling as he grips Jungkook's wrist. "You... If you didn't want this to happen, why did you me then?" Jungkook gritted his teeth. "Listen here. Whatever feelings you have right now is because of that moment. It was just a one time thing! I was drunk and you just happened to be there. That's all. If Taehyung finds out, you'll be done for" He slams Jimin against the tree again and punches him before walking away.

 

Jimin wipes the blood of the corner of his lips as more tears stream down his face. One time thing... He was so done. So done with life. Jimin stays under the shadows of the tree for a while longer. He runs back to the dorm he shared with Taehyung and starts packing his belongings. He's halfway done when he hears keys jingle from outside. His eyes widened as he hid his luggage under the bed and climbed under his comforter, pretending to be sleeping.


He hears and feels someone nearing. The person sighs and he confirms its Taehyung. The said boy sat by his bed and shook Jimin. "Hey... Wake up" Jimin pretends to yawn and rubs his eyes before sitting up. He finds Taehyung looking at him in concern. "You okay? You've been weird ever since I told you about me and Jungkookie"  Jimin shook his head. "It's nothing." Taehyung pouted. "come on Jiminnie... I know there's something up" Jimin sighed to calm himself down. "It's really nothing. Just schoolwork"

 

Taehyung's eyebrows rose. "You cried so hard because of schoolwork? Why is your lip busted?" Taehyung leaned closer to look but Jimin swats his hand away. Taehyung gasped. "Jimin! Are you getting into fights?"  Jimin tsked and shook his head. "It's not that! I- Aish! I can't tell you" Taehyung pouted again. "Why not?" Because I don't want you to be unhappy. "Because I am keeping someone else's secrets." This reason seems to satisfy Taehyung's curiousity because he changes the topic immediately.

 

"I'll be spending some time at Jungkookie's but you'll be home for dinner right?" He turns to Jimin. The other only smiles and nods. Taehyung grabbed a few of his stuff before leaving the dorm. Jimin took a deep breath before exhaling. He took his luggage out and continued packing the last few of his belongings left in a box. He took out a plain paper and starts writing a simple message.


"I'm sorry. I won't be back. Wish you all the best lives you wish for -Jimin"

 

He places the paper on the coffee table, under Taehyung's favourite small plushie. He places his set of keys for the dorm on it too. Before he leaves, he takes one last look at the dorm that he's leaving all because of the events in a day. He carries his box and luggage, before walking off.


Taehyung ah... I'm sorry. You don't know what is going on. But it's for your own good. If only I was breaver, I would've said this to you but I'm not brave. Jungkook ah... I love you... It's sad. You don't know it at all. Maybe you do but it's obvious you don't feel the same.  I'll miss you hyungs....