Rewind

Story of Our Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2PM Wooyoung and Wonder Girls Yeeun

~

Rewind

I wanna stay there

But I know it's too late

- Wonder Girls, Rewind Reboot (2015) Lyrics: Lee Sunmi, Ju Hyo, Lee Toyo, Kim Yubin / Composers: Lee Sunmi, Ju Hyo, Lee Toyo / Arrangements: Lee Sunmi, Ju Hyo

The weather didn’t help at all, Yeeun thought bitterly. It used to be her most favourite place around as there are not many places she could go to find solace. The view there wasn’t one of the best that Han River parks could offers actually, but the bench that situated right beside the park's management office that's facing the parking lot instead of the river was her hideaway. With him.

He took her there for the first time, years ago when they were just an awkward teenager with a big dream and less worry. She remember how he ditched his training just to meet her as she was so busy after her legendary debut with Wonder Girls. He was still a trainee back then and she was a rookies with a huge media attention, yet he was bravely – or stupidly, or both – waiting for her in front of her dorms like a proper stalker fans her group have back then. The only different was that when she got out of the building with Sunye for a quick grocery shopping and their – sometime possessive – fans that had waited outside night and day cornered them for an autographs, he came in their rescue. Acting as if he was their manager and after he makes sure that Sunye has got to the building safely, he took her by the hand for a late night jogging exercise as they were running away from the crowds of fans. They ended up exhausted and out of breath in the very bench she was sitting all alone right now.

The bench feel colder as her minds keep on replaying what had just happened a few minutes ago. She called him earlier this morning as she heard that he was coming back from Japan. She hadn’t heard his husky calming voice for almost a week but they didn’t talk much. He didn’t even answer when she asked him about his big concerts. It was almost like he was bothered by her. She tell herself that he was probably tired and it was okay. But when he told her to meet him that night at the bench, she should have known that it wasn’t. It wasn’t okay at all.

She turned her head to the river. The city lights on the other side of the river was blurry in her eyes. The river flow in the darkness mirroring the tears that streaked down her face. She wished, as the cold wind blows sending shiver down her spine, that she can’t feel anything, that she didn’t have a mind that keeps on remember and a heart that now broken.

It just a birthday. Wooyoung remind himself over and over again since the morning. But he can’t help to keep on thinking what kind of birthday he would have if he was with her. If she was still his, if he didn’t left her. She would throw one of a kind birthday party that she could only pulled off in this world, and he would love it like a 5-years old having his first party ever.

He got so many calls and messages and SNS notifications, all congratulating his birthday since midnight. But there’s no her in the list. His mom sent him a breakfast set with all kinds of food he loves. But there’s no chicken soup she used to make for him. Few boxes of gift comes from his fans around the world, a large banner with his photos displayed outside the company door. But there’s not even a single hint of her presence around. If he didn’t remember that they were already ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter