Chapter 5

❣ The Rebound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What about you guys, are you coming?” DO asked and you cracked one eye open before closing it again. You were so comfortable at this moment, you didn’t even want to break the silence that surrounded you right now. Baekhyun was the one who answered instead and you could feel his chest vibrate when he spoke. “Of course, we’ll be there.” A party, that was great. You weren’t really a big party animal, but if Baekhyun wanted to go then you would go along. Last nights events had never been brought up again, since this morning he had pretended as if nothing had happened between the two of you. But you still couldn’t forget the way his hands had roamed over your body, how badly he had seemed to want you and how he had kissed you. It was still freshly in your mind and you wondered if he was still thinking about it as well, but didn’t dare to ask him. 

 

 

“Sure, we’d love to come.” You eventually said as you lifted yourself from Baekhyun’s chest and got up into a sitting position, yawning as you tried to shake the sleep off of you. Baekhyun groaned a little in discomfort as he felt you were no longer lying on top of him and placed his hand on your bare knee. It sent shivers down your spine and you weren’t sure if he had any idea if he knew what he did to you. By now you were so confused about everything that you didn’t try to think about it anymore. Was he doing all of this still because he had to keep up the act and he wanted to get Mira back, or was he doing this because he had feelings for you as well, because yesterday it had seemed like he had. You rubbed your eyes and heard a chuckle beneath you. “You’re so cute.” Baekhyun said as he sat up as well and pecked your nose before putting an arm around your shoulder and pulling you against him.

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he watched the two of you get into a comfy position once again. “I can’t believe t took the two of you so long to get together. Look at you, you’re made for each other.” Channel joked but suddenly you felt a lump forming in your throat. Tears pricked inside of your eyes as you tried to shake it off, but the words still flowed out of your mouth without you noticing. “But maybe not meant to be…” You whispered before you stood up from your seat, grabbed your bag and walked off. You could still hear the guys saying a few things but didn’t pay any attention to them, nor did you turn back. The only thing you could do was try to calm down a little bit. It just didn’t feel got to not know anything, to be led on by someone who you had no idea of if he had feelings for you. You liked him so much but you couldn’t find out what his true feelings were and it scared you off. 

 

 

Someone grabbed your wrist and turned you around. You met Baekhyun’s worried eyes as he studied your face and tried to catch his breath from trying to catch up with you. “___________-ah, what’s wrong?” He asked as he watched your expression but you tugged your wrist out of his hold and crossed your arms in front of his chest, trying to block him out. “What do you want Baekhyun?! What do you want?!” You asked and you could see that he understood you weren’t talking about now. He sighed deeply and ruffled his hair in frustration as he leaned back against the wall across of you. He stared at the floor as you tried to control your emotions once again and whipped the tears off your cheeks. “I…” He started but trailed off, shook his head and seemed to change his mind. “i’m confused ___________-ah, you understand that right? I mean, after what happened yesterday it’s alright for me to feel confused or not? You’re my best friend, I’m not supposed to have these kind of feelings towards you.” He said and you shot him a curious look. 

 

 

“What kind of feelings?” You asked and saw how his face turned a little bit desperate, he had hoped you wouldn’t ask him that question. He took a deep breath as he closed his eyes and seemed to gather some courage from deep inside of him. “I think that I might like you.” He mumbled quietly and looked back up at you, trying to study your reaction. A little smile crept onto your face as you started to blush, so it had indeed meant something? “So it wasn’t just… Did it mean something to you, yesterday?” You asked and his eyes widened and he crossed the distance between you, stopping in front of you and lying his hands on your shoulders. “Of course it did. I don’t just kiss someone for fun, I really did mean it. But it confused me because I realized yesterday that I really wanted to kiss you. But you’re my best friend and I’m in love with Mira…or with you. I just don’t know.” He growled in frustration and your expression dropped. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter