Chapter 3

❣ The Rebound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One months, that’s all you get. If it didn’t work then you’ll have to find another way to get her back.” You said as you pointed your straw at him and he nodded, his face serious as he looked you. He should be happy you wanted to help him out in the first place, you could’ve just told him to try something else. “Thank you ________-ah, I swear you won’t regret this.” He said and a smile began to crawl onto his face. This was so much better than to see him cry over his ex the other day and you felt good that you were able to make him forget a little bit about this all, even though this was all organized just to get her back. You wondered how this would end, would Mira want to get back to him? You had no idea why she broke up with him in the first place, what if she had a really good reason? If this wouldn’t work out then Baekhyun would be devastated by the end of the month. But what if it did work, then what would happen with you? 

 

 

You shook your head and tried to push the thought to the back of your head. Now you had to focus on the time you had still left as Baekhyun’s ‘girlfriend’. For such a long time you had dreamt of being a special person to him like that and even though it wasn’t real, this made you feel a little bit hopeful. In fact, to other people you weren’t just his best friend anymore, people would look at you like his girlfriend. Just the thought of that made your heart flutter and you felt happy. “What are you thinking of?” Baekhyun asked as he tried to catch your look as you stared at your plate. There was a lot of noise in the canteen but you had no trouble understanding him. You lifted your head and saw the twinkle inside of his eyes that showed him he was really happy with the situation. If course you knew he wasn’t happy to spend time with you but about the fact that Mira would be back to him in some time. 

 

 

“Nothing, I was just thinking about this whole situation.” You mumbled and he must have been able to hear the worry inside of your voice because he reached over the table to grab your hand. “I promise that I’ll be the best boyfriend ever!” He said with a cute wink and you knew he was just trying to comfort you but he had no idea what those words meant to you. You sighed deeply and smiled at him, squeezing his hand before pulling yours back and putting it in your lap. Hopefully your heart wouldn’t be broken by this, you had no idea if you could handle that. Baekhyun looked down on his watch and raised from his chair, making clear to you that it was time to go back to class. You both took your plates and emptied them before walking into the hallway that was filled with people by now. You sighed as you stuck your hands into the pockets of your coat and tried to remember which class you had right now. 

 

 

When someone tugged at your sleeve you frowned and looked up to see Baekhyun pulling your hand out of your pocket so he could hold it. “What?” He chuckled when he saw your puzzles look and then laced his fingers through yours. “Can’t I hold my girlfriends hand?” He asked and you quickly turned your head away so he hopefully couldn’t see how much his comment made you blush. It felt so good to hold his hand, so natural. It seemed as if his hand was made to hold yours, that was how well they fitted together. But you told yourself not to get used to this, before you knew it this would all be over again and you had to move on again as his best friend. “Hi guys! Oh!” Chanyeol stopped his greeting and pointed down on your hands, seeing them intertwined together. He was a great friend of Baekhyun and since you had started to hang out with Baekhyun so often he had also become a great friend of you. 

 

 

It must surprise him see the two of you holding hands like this, especially since he had always been around the two of you and hadn’t seen this coming at all. You were sure Chanyeol knew about the break up between Baekhyun and Mira but you were sure he wasn’t aware of this deal between the two of you. It was better if no one else knew, the more people who knew the more people that could ruin this for you. “Are you two together?” He asked in surprise and let his eyes slip in between the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter