Question Unanswered

Taking Chances

 

“Hm…” Taeyeon mumbled as she started stirring up from the bed… As she opened her eyes, she saw the white ceiling of the clinic, “Ehhhh….where am I?” she asked herself as she sit up. “Oh, yeah the clinic…” she looked around and she found Baekhyun sleeping on the bed next to her bed, he looked like a cute puppy curled up like ball. Taeyeon just chuckled at the sight, she felt her phone vibrate through the pocket of her dress. Once she fetched her phone, her eyes immediately widened when she realized what time it is. “Oh my gosh, it’s almost lunch time!” she immediately stood up, put on her “STUPID”  heels and walked near Baekhyun’s bed, “Yah! Baekhyun wake the hell up!”

Baekhyun just groaned and turned away from her. ‘Did you just---Yah ireona!” she shook Baekhyun’s body making him open his eyes. “WAEEEEEEEEEEE~” he whined cutely making Taeyeon blush but she just shrugged it off. ‘You should wake up, it’s almost lunch time. “ hearing that it’s already lunch time, he immediately stood up, fixed his hair and ran to the canteen. HE EVEN FORGOT TO BRING TAEYEON WITH HIM!

 

“What the just happened?” Taeyeon asked herself, but then her phone rang so she picked it up. “Hello?”

“Yah Taeyeon-ah! I’m sorry!” She heard Baekhyun through the phone, “Yah! Are you nuts?@|! Why’d you leave me there?!!!” she shouted while walking towards the cafeteria. “I was just excite to eat…I’m sorry really I am!” he pleaded making her smile. Like an idiot.

“Make it up to me then…”, ‘Oh yeah? What do you want?!” he asked, “Hm…buy me lunch, can you do that? If you can’t it’s friendship over.” She joked, seriously she can feel him pouting already…”Yah arasseo! Meet us in our table okay, oh and yeah Sunny’s with us!” Taeyeon stopped walking as Baekhyun cut the call off. “Sunny? With them? But---“ Taeyeon doesn’t know what she’s feeling but she didn’t like it that’s for sure. She ran to the cafeteria, and as she approach them she did see Sunny. And also Myunghee, Baekhyun’s little sister. “Oh, there she is!” Chen smiled once he saw Taeyeon, “Sunny?” What are you…” she never finished her sentence because Baekhyun stood up and dragged her beside him.

“Are you okay now?” Sunny asked sipping her float. “uhmmm..yeah.” Taeyeon said awkwardly, ‘Why am I being awkward anyway?”

“Myunghee was really worried about you…” Sehun stated while patting the poor girls back. “Yah what happened to you anyway?” Kyungsoo asked. “I just felt weird that’s all…” she suddenly looked at Sunny who was looking at her intently. “Uh Sunny?” she murmured “O-oh yeah?” Taeyeon looked at her exactly in the eyes…those eyes whom she always looked at ever since she was a child…those eyes today, as she looked at them…she felt something strange inside those brown orbs… “Are you…okay?”

“Of course why?”  ‘she’s lying…’  someone inside her said, but she doesn’t want to believe in that… Sunny wouldn’t lie right? “Are you sure?” she asked once again, Sunny smiled at her, but she felt something was wrong but again she shrugged it away. “DO you think….i would…lie?” Sunny asked her making her gulp.

I don’t know right now…’  

“No..” Sunny smiled as soon as she heard her answer, “So it’s settled then.”

“No she is not fine…” Myunghee laughed as she stood up and looked at Sunny. “What?” Sunny asked, her tone sounding really pissed but again Taeyeon shrugged it off. “I said you’re not fine,  because you know that my brother would not like you!” Myunghee shouted. Taeyeon was about to speak up, but then she shut up when Sunny stood up, looking really pissed, “Myunghee stop this now…” Baekhyun warned.

Myunghee looked at her brother and glared at him while pointing an angry finger. “Stop what? I’m only slapping her with the sad truth…” that totally shut Baekhyun up. She faced Sunny once again… “Why can’t you just stop? Why are you so desperate???” Myunghee shouted. Sunny closed her fists like she was about to punch someone. “Taeyeon…” Sunny started… “U-hh yeah?”

“Can we talk?”

She nodded and she followed Sunny to the school alley near the last gate. “Why did you bring me here Sunny?” Taeyeon asked as she faced Sunny, “I need to talk to you..” Sunny, said while looking at Taeyeon with those brown orbs that was now a stranger in Taeyeon’s eyes. “Yeah actually me too.” Taeyeon said making Sunny look at her with a face full of shock. “Why?”

“Do you like Baekhyun?”

 

Sunny was utterly shocked when she heard that question, “Why do you ask?” Taeyeon was taken aback, she doesn’t actually know why she asked that but it just came out from , and she never had time to control it. “Do you perhaps like Baekhyun Taeyeon…” Sunny asked her crossing her arms. “No.” Taeyeon said, putting on a face that seemed to be true enough for Sunny to believe, why am I lying to my bestfriend, why can’t I tell her that I do like Baekhyun? Taeyeon asked herself but still kept quiet.

“Okay, so me too no.” Sunny stated. “Oh okay..”

‘So that’s it? What is the thing that you want to ask me.”

“Can I ask you…” Sunny started she’s not actually sure if she wants to ask the question or if she wants to know the answer but Taeyeon asked anyway.. “Ask me what?”

 

Sunny gulped, but she took a deep breath and looked at Taeyeon, “Can I ask you, what is the name…of your dad?” Taeyeon was dumbfounded, why is she asking my dad’s name? Well I know that she haven’t met my dad before because dad used to live at the states because of work but why is she asking me my dad’s name, and why now? Taeyeon asked herself..

 

“Oh that…uhm.. My Dad’s name is… Kim Dal Jun why?” hearing that she saw Sunny stiffened but she still smiled and shook her head. “Oh… well that’s all…oh look at the time we’re gonna be late so lets go back I’m hungry.”  She said before walking away leaving Taeyeon alone.