Chapter 1

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s thinking deeply, maybe she’ll answer Mrs. Oh’s question.”

Yoong’s mind was unfocused at the class, his gaze is at the girl who is situated beside the chair after him. The person beside his chair is his best friend who is surprisingly absent for the first time. The empty seat gave him a perfect view of the girl.

“Mr. Im, do you think English language is the basis of being intelligent?” the teacher asked, “Because someone inside here in this class said it is”

He didn’t raise his hand to answer but he was called. He took a glimpse on the girl he was looking a while ago. She gave him a smile, anticipating on his answer.

“Uh, I think no Ma’am; most of the scientists are not good in English and philosophers too.” He said, “And besides Aristotle, Plato and Confucius didn’t know how to speak English but they are known as one of the most intelligent” he looked at her again and smiled

“Miss Seo, want to add something?”

“I think why that someone said that English language is the basis of being intelligent because we’re living in the world where English is commonly used. In business, you need to know how to speak English to speak to your partners. But not all of the businesses are successful… a-and just like what Yoong said most of famous scientists and philosophers didn’t know how to speak English”

“Right, so Mr. Ok I just want to say to you that English language is not the basis of being intelligent” the teacher emphasized her words. Right after she finished her words, the bell rang, end of the class.

Yoong stood up and went to Soe Juhyun or Seohyun, he sat beside her.

“Hey nice answer, are you not going to the cafeteria? It is break time” but the girl has unsatisfied look on her face

“I messed up my thoughts, I want to say more” she looked so regretful

“That’s a good answer to be honest; you don’t need to say more, also, you make my answer right” Yoong felt bad for Seohyun, she is wondering why this girl is insecure on her answer when she did well. She rest her head on desk still not contented on what she did.

“Come on lazy girl, I will treat you food” Yoong convinced, “Or just go with me if you don’t want”

 Finally, the Seohyun stood up and went beside Yoong. The boy is smiling, at least he can make her mood lighter.

When they reached the cafeteria, just like what he promised, Yoong treat Seohyun food and they sat on their usual place, just right beside a window. They are silent for a minute after seated.

“I was wondering why Yuri is absent, I will visit him after class, are you going with me?” Yoong proposed, “Well you don’t have any other choice anyway since we’re always walking together after class”

But he was replied by a nod. He can see it in her eyes they are not twinkling like always, her left hand was under her chin and her right hand was holding a fork playing the food. He sighed

“You know you shouldn’t be like that” Yoong said, “That’s just a simple answer and the teacher gave you a compliment already right?”

“No, I’m not thinking about that right now. I am thinking of Yuri, flu is spreading right now. I wish he is well” Seohyun said

“Of course he is safe. Even his hands has bandages he will go to school I think he is out of town or just somewhere” Yoong said, “Yah! Why are you so worried anyway? When I am absent because of sore eyes are you worried to me like that? I didn’t hear anything from Yuri saying that you’re worried”

“I was worried!” Seohyun exclaimed, “I can’t text or email you because I thought since you have sore eyes you can’t use any gadgets and I can’t visit you because that’s a communicable virus”

Yoong rolled his eyes, but he is just teasing the girl, of course he knew that somehow she is worried to him.

“Do you like Yul?” Yoong asked but the girl is not answering instead her face turned bright pink “So blushing means no? Or sile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter