What Day

Carousel Tales

***This is a double update! Please go back and read Ken Wait (Chapter 14) if you have not yet done so!***

You woke up to the bright sun blinding your eyes. Squinting, you sat up and yawned. Hyuk was no longer in your bed. In fact, you realized he wasn't even in your room. You couldn't remember whether Ken had closed the door completely last night. Probably not, since Hyuk was able to leave the room. Glancing at the clock, you realized it wasn't as early as you had expected. It was ten in the morning, but there seemed to be no activity outside. You pulled the covers over your head and wondered whether you could sleep in for a bit longer before the animals woke up. However, Hyuk was probably up. Sighing, you urged yourself up and to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

A few minutes later, you were dressed and freshened up for the day. Hongbin's day, you remembered. You realized the television was on. VIXX was up, then. Stepping out of your room, your eyes widened when you spotted Hyuk, Ravi and Ken watching the morning news. Speechless, your jaw dropped as you tried to say something. Hakyeon walked by you in an apron, a large plate of pancakes in one hand. "Good morning! You're finally up! We're just about finished making breakfast!" He turned back and called, "Taekwoon! Those two pancakes are the last ones! Don't make anymore or we'll be stuck with leftover pancakes for weeks!"

Taekwoon wordlessly flipped the two mentioned pancakes in response. "Yah! Did you hear me? Answer your leader!"

You bit back a smile when he rolled his eyes, "I got it."

Hakyeon popped up behind you and steered you to the dining table. "Take a seat and we'll have breakfast! Don't look so surprised! You were actually pretty close when you said we wouldn't change on the seventh day. It was the other way around!"

Wonshik took a seat next to you, "Nice isn't it?"

"It won't be long until you get tired of Saturdays!" Jaehwan teased in a singsong voice.

"Yah! Han Sanghyuk! Switch the TV off and stop watching cartoons!"

Hyuk took a seat as well and muttered, "It won't be long until you get tired of his nagging."

"Taekwoonie! Are those pancakes done? Hurry up and join us!"

"Hyung, I think he'd come over here when the pancakes are done. He obviously won't just stand there and leave the cooked pancakes on the pan until you call him."

Hyuk snickered, "Or maybe he decided to eat those pancakesa to avoid Hakyeon's nagging at the table." 

At that moment Taekwoon appeared, balancing two pancakes on a spatula. He slid the pancakes onto the stack of pancakes and took his seat next to Wonshik. You were thankful that your brother had convinced you into buying a round table, rather than the small square table you had wanted. Everyone seemed ready to eat, however, there was one person missing.

"Go ahead and start eating! What do you think? Taekwoon and I made the batter." Hakyeon asked brightly. "Were you surprised to see us this morning? At this hour too!"

Your brows furrowed in confusion. "Shouldn't we wait for..." You trailed off, eyes searching the room. "Where's Hongbin?"

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

The whole room froze. A heartwrenching wail echoed through the apartment, sending shivers down your spine. You looked around frantically, "What happened?" Tension was thick in the air as VIXX immediately hopped out of their chairs and crouched down. "Who was that?" You were desperate for an answer. Hakyeon quickly grabbed the dishcloth on the table and crawled into the kitchen.

You heard Wonshik hiss, "What are you doing?!"

Then a low moan rang through the apartment again. "W-where am I?" It wailed. You heard movement, then the voice shrieked, "I-I can't see anything!" Again,the bloodcurdling wail echoed endlessly. "What's going on?" It was so loud, so overwhelming, you could hardly hear anything else. You were dimly aware of VIXX moving out of their crouched positions. "What's happening? W-who's wailing?" You asked, shouting over the wails. But deep down inside, you already knew the answer. You were suddenly aware of how cold it was, despite the warm sun spilling through the windows. Shivering, you hugged your knees and covered your ears, haunted by the voice.

"W-what is this?" It seemed to pierce your bones and resonate through your entire body. Terror and sadness filled you as you rocked yourself. A warm hand was on your shoulder. You felt VIXX around you, attempting to comfort you. They were talking, but they sounded so distant; you could hardly hear them through the eerie wails.

"....okay?"

"...you hear me?..."

"...what...hearing..."

"...covered it...using...cloth..."

"...why...she...like...this?"

"...bin."

You shut your eyes when a wave of nausea hit you.

"Please...someone help me.."

"Please, someone help me." You whimpered. Someone draped a warm blanket over you. You felt yourself being lifted, then laid on something soft. You were being tucked into your covers. A pair of arms wrapped you into a tight hug.

"..ang in there...be okay..."

"W-what am I?" 

The voice was becoming more frantic, laced with panic. "It's so d-dark! I'm scared. Is there anyone out there? C-can anyone hear me?! Please! Save me! I don't know what happened, I don't know who I am, I don't know anything--"

The wailing stopped abruptly. The silence however, was not peaceful and instead felt even more eerie. "W-where am I?"

The voice started again without the panicked tone. "I-I can't see anything!" Again,the bloodcurdling wail echoed endlessly. "What's going on?" It was so loud, so overwhelming, you could hardly hear anything else. "W-what is this?" 

"Please...someone help me.."

"W-what am I?" 

"It's so d-dark! I'm scared."

Someone was whimpering and it took you a while to realize it was coming from you. The arms hugged you even tighter.

"..can...we do?"

"I-I can see!" The wails were slightly less haunting now, a sliver of hope in them.

"There are things moving...I can't move closer. I can't..this thing is getting closer. I-it's going to hurt me! I..have seen it before. I--"

"Hak...what....doing?"

Again the voice stopped and the wails began again, as heartwrenching as before. "W-where am I?" It completely overpowered your senses. Nausea was hitting you once again.You couldn't hear anything else. Even the once comforting arms around you felt distant. Your body felt like it belonged to someone else. You couldn't feel the cold shivers.

You fell into a numbing oblivion.