Pinkeu Pinkeu Leo

Carousel Tales

The moment you arrived home Hyuk hung up the jackets, announcing to his hyungs that he should be acknowledged as 'Fashionista Hyuk'. You retreated to your own room and took a shower, enjoying the hot water. After you finished and changed into comfortable clothing, you found Hyuk in the kitchen, staring at the betta with interest.

"Binnie-ah, what are you doing?" He puffed out his cheeks and stared at the fish with wide eyes, "Up for a staring contest?" The betta stared back at Hyuk, moving back to the plants, when he continued staring. "Aww Hong Bong!"

You held in a laugh and joined Hyuk by the counter. "Oh hey, you're done. Let's have Taekitty try his collar!"

"I thought you already had him try it."

He rubbed his head, "Erm, actually I wanted to wait for you. Just in case, you know, he tries to kill me."

"He's just a cat though."

"You'd be surprised at what he can do." Hyuk shuddered and walked into the living room, the pink collar hidden behind him.

"Taekwoon hyung! Your stylist, Hyuk is here!" The cat suddenly appeared behind the sofa. Hyuk knelt down, "Come here, let me show you what we picked for you." He turned his head around and mouthed, 'Tell him not to kill me!' to you as the cat walked warily to the maknae. The latter scooped the cat into his arms and whipped out the pink collar. Taekwoon's eyes widened and he scrambled out of Hyuk's arms, yowling when he heard the telltale click of the clasp. He looked down at himself, trying to see the collar with no avail. Using his hind legs, the cat tried to scratch the collar off.

Hyuk laughed, "Hyung, it suits you! Now you're really pinkeu pinkeu Leo--whoa!" He sprang back when Taekwoon viciously hissed at Hyuk. Retreating behind you, he nudged you, "Now would be a good time to tell him not to kill me please."

"Oh right. Um, Taekwoon? Hyuk picked these out of love for you. Could you not murder him?" You backed slowly as the cat neared. Hyuk ran around the island counter in the kitchen and fled to the living room. Leo chased after him, a lion hunting his prey. You could imagine a smirk across the cat's face as he cornered Hyuk. Then the maknae grabbed the nearby unsuspecting guinea pig and held him up in front of the cat. "I have Hakyeon hyung hostage! Actually here, kill him instead!"

You lost it when the gerbil gave Hyuk a stank face and wriggled out of his grasp. Cracking up in laughter, you allowed Hyuk a few seconds of distraction when Leo peered at you. Again, the wild chase began.

"He-elp!" 

"Leo please don't terrorize poor Hyuk!" You called after them as the cat somehow managed to pin Hyuk to the floor. The latter visibly relaxed as the cat stepped off his chest and padded over to you, glaring. "Oh, wow thanks."

Hyuk brushed himself off, "Yeah, he really appreciates all that you've done for us, so he'll definitely listen to you." Smirking at Leo, he ignored the eye daggers that the cat was throwing at him. You watched as he reached down and scooped the cat up, rubbing his belly. "Aww, who's a good Taekitty?" 

Taekwoon batted his hands away, but he didn't make any movements to escape. "I'll tell you a secret!" Hyuk grinned as he stage whispered to you, "If he's ever annoyed, just rub his tummy. It's his weakness." There was a pause. "Hm, of course it might not work when he's human. But you could still give that a try if you wanted."

You shook your head immediately, "No thanks! I don't think I'll want to try that. Hopefully he doesn't get annoyed too often with me, actually." A smile lit your face when the cat yawned and began purring, snuggling into the crook of Hyuk's arm. He gently placed the dozing Taekwoon down on the sofa. "There. All problems solved. And look, he's still got the collar on! By the way, I made it quite loose so you don't need to worry about getting it off of him before he turns tomorrow."

"Hm, but you're going to get in trouble with Hakyeon I think. And probably Taekwoon when he's human tomorrow."

He froze. "Oh! I will."

"Well, good luck then."

"It was worth it!"

You laughed, "You know he can just easily take it off tomorrow?"

Hyuk wiggled his eyebrows, "Oh really?" There was that mischievious glint in his eyes again.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

You were getting ready to sleep, packing everything that you needed tomorrow so you wouldn't forget anything in the morning. When you double checked that you had everything, you opened the door to tell Hyuk you were going to turn in for the night. The door opened soundlessly. A quiet voice, loud in the silence of the apartment broke through the air. Peeking from behind your door, you saw Hyuk in the kitchen. He was talking to the betta in the tank.

"Binnie, I kind of miss being all together. I mean, I know technically we are all together. But I miss being able to conspire against Hakyeon hyung and pulling pranks on him." He sighed, "I don't want to bother the hyungs with my rants anyway. They have enough on their minds."

The betta swam around. "Why are you a fish anyway? You know, I've always wondered that."

You carefully shut the door, not wanting to intrude and leaving Hyuk to his conversation with Hongbin. The curiousity ate at you again. Why had VIXX turned into animals?

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

"These are great! Who'd you get to do these? I can definitely see this character in the current project. Maybe even as one of the leads."

You grinned, "A friend of mine has a passion for drawing."

Your boss nodded, "Well, I'd like to commission him. You said he's in another country right? Tell him to work on more of this particular character," he pointed to Ken's third sketch, "And mail them to you. If he still shows potential and ability to work this way, I'll definitely commission him. Tell your team."

"I'll get your message across to him. Thank you!" You were glad your boss accepted Ken's work. He was a very lenient person and would often give chances to interns and unexperienced artists. He was very open to trying new things, actually. You questioned him about it once, and he replied sayng he believed that everyone should get a chance and sometimes you can find a talented individual in the midst of a sea of unexperienced ones. Or you could be helping them to shape into a great artist. 

Hopping back to your desk, you quickly made a note of your conversation with him. Then you called your team for the announcement.

 

----------------------------------------

 

"See you guys tomorrow!" You tossed your work folder into your bag and followed after Jessica, who was holding the door for you. 

"By the way, can I borrow your flash drive? The one with the lead character in it."

Looking around in your bag, you mentally slapped yourself, "I left that at home. Sorry! How soon do you need it?"

Jessica laughed sheepishly, "I've been putting it off for a while so I kind of need it now, or I won't make the due date."

"Well, if you don't mind walking me to my apartment, I could definitely get it to you."

She smiled, "Sure thing, I don't mind. Although, I'm guessing I can't get you to ride my car there instead?"

You hesitated.

"I was kidding. I'm alright with walking, don't worry."

"Yeah, sorry. I mean, exercise right?"

When you reached the apartment, you crossed your fingers and desperately hoped that VIXX would be out of sight. You pushed the door open. "Sorry, I think it might be a bit messy."

"No no, that's alright." You flicked the lights on, just in time to catch a glimpse of a tan colored furball scampering away. You were glad Hakyeon picked up that you weren't alone. 

Then Jessica screamed behind you.

 

------------------------------------------

I was going to end this chapter at where you find Hyuk talking to the betta, but I decided that would make this chapter and the next too short. Solution: Combine them! :D Anyway, to feel less guilty about leaving Hongbin out, tada! Now you know Hongbin is the betta! (Or, at the very least, Hyuk thinks so.)