Rose Pasta

Carousel Tales

Her scream although short, startled you and you jumped, following her gaze to the tall man standing in the entryway, hands on his hips. You noticed the pink collar still around his neck. Jessica recomposed herself, noticing the collar as well. 

"Oh I'm sorry! I didn't know you--"

You quickly cut in, furiously blushing, "Wait, no! This isn't what you think it is!"

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. You should have just said you were busy right now then. It's my own fault for procrastinating, I shouldn't have bothered you about it."

"But this isn't --"

You were cut off, this time by a pair of arms snaking around your waist and drawing you close. Taekwoon leaned down, inches from your face and growled lowly, "Then what else is this? Don't make me wait even longer."

You squeaked and untangled yourself from Taekwoon's arms, "I'll get the drive for you." Scampering into your study room, you quickly grabbed the flash drive and joined Jessica in the entryway. He wrapped his arms around you from behind, making you tense.

"You've got great taste in men! Tell me how it went tomorrow!" Jessica winked. "I'll show myself out, you shouldn't keep him waiting any longer."

She shut the door before you could open your mouth. Taekwoon immediately dropped his arms, releasing you. "Why did you have to say that? Now she's going to keep bothering me about you."

"I told her it was a one time thing."

"You what?!" You screeched, "What does that make me? Some person who randomly brings someone home to--" You groaned loudly, "What is she going to think of me now!"

Taekwoon watched you quietly, a surprisingly innocent look on his face, a large contrast from his behaviour only minutes ago. "How else could you explain. She'll probably only see me this once."

Pausing, you thought about it. How do you explain to a friend and work colleague why there was a guy wearing a pink collar seemingly waiting for you in your apartment? You decided to avoid answering him, "Why were you standing there anyway with the collar on? You could have just stayed hidden in a room, or even just sit in the living room if you didn't want to take it off. I mean then, I could have thought of some better way to explain why you were here."

"Didn't know you had a friend...and.." You watched his cheeks flush pink, "..I can't get this off."

"Let me take a look." Taekwoon obediently sat himself down on the dining chair as you examined the collar around his neck. Pushing the clasp, you frowned when you couldn't pull the collar off. In fact, the clasp wouldn't budge. You tried again with no luck.

"Have you tried asking Hyuk?" You recoiled when he shot you a dirty look. "Okay, nevermind. I guess he wouldn't tell you even if he could. Where is he anyway?"

Taekwoon lifted a finger and pointed outside, toward your balcony. Hyuk was shut outside, staring sadly at you with his puppy eyes. Before you could say a word, Taekwoon interjected, "He has a thick coat, he won't freeze."

"But--"

"He's just trying to get sympathy."

You sighed and tugged at the collar again. "It won't budge." Turning it around in your fingers, you noticed a small hole on the underside of the clasp. Oh. It had a safety lock. Producing a paperclip from the drawer nearby, you pushed the tip into the puncture and felt the clasp click. Then you pinched the clasp and the collar easily fell off. Taekwoon caught the collar and turned it over in his hands, examining its mechanism. Then he flicked a switch which covered the puncture.

"I think that turned the safety lock off."

He grunted in response and pocketed the collar. "Thanks" He mumbled.

"I can get another one for you, since that one's pin--"

"It's fine."

"Really? But--"

Ravi flew over and squawked, "Hre likes prink!"

Taekwoon shot Ravi a glance and batted the cockatiel away. "I just don't want you to waste your money."

"Hre loves it!"

You giggled as Taekwoon began chasing Ravi around the room, hissing almost like a cat when the bird retreated to the ceiling fan. At this rate, it seemed like Hongbin may be the only survivor of the maknae line. Afraid he might accidentally pull the ceiling fan down and hurt someone, you clasped your hands together, "Alright! What do you feel like having for dinner?"

Taekwoon stopped, distracted by the notion of dinner. Were he a cat, you would have seen his ears perk up. "Do we have pasta?"

"Hm, I have a box left I think."

A small smile crept up his lips, "I'll make rose pasta!" And he skipped straight into the kitchen, leaving you dumbfounded by the sudden change in attitude.

 

--------------------------------------

 

You finally understood by VIXX had been so worried when Taekwoon threatened to stop cooking for them in that one show they filmed. Hardly after you brought a forkful of pasta near your lips, your mouth began watering as you savored the creamy dish. Even Ken had flown over to steal a few strands from your plate. Ravi was allowed to come near the dinner table when he apologized, but Hyuk was still left out in the balcony. After Taekwoon had fed him, he made sure to keep the sliding glass door open, the aroma of his rose pasta wafting outdoors to the poor puppy. You felt sorry for him, but didn't want to risk getting on Taekwoon's bad side. Just in case.

 

------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Aaa, I'm at midterms week! Sorry for the late update. My professors decided to give all their projects the same due dates. Lovely people!

I know this is a short chapter, but I just thought I'd update something at the very least. Thank you for your patience!