When It's about You

A Spring Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the silence of the house only Ryeowook's light footsteps echoed, as he made his way downstairs and had the lightest step ever landed on the lucid floor of the Kims' villa. A faint scent of watermelon still lingered in the air where he had passed by, and Kyuhyun, who was right then going downstairs too after drying up and wearing decent clothes, seemed to unvolutarily follow the tracks like a faithful puppy would do when following the smell of delicious food.

A noise coming from the kitchen intrigued Ryeowook and he soon disappeared with a gracious whirl, almost skipping the last two steps when he ran in the direction of the noise source.

"And...where would you come from?" Kyuhyun heard the petite one ask, his voice neither too happy nor too shocked to enhance any kind of reaction, so to give some hints about the newcomer's arrival.

"Is that the way you greet your big brother?" a much more annoying chirp resonated together with a light clatter of plates and glasses. Kyuhyun didn't need to actually show up in front of the kitchen door to understand it was Heechul speaking. Anyway, he reached the room and made his presence clear by simply saying a shy hello.

"Learn from our guests!" Heechul smirked as he tipped his head towards Kyuhyun's direction, before going back to fiddle with the carton boxes of two multi-topping-filled pizzas.

Ryeowook sighed and rolled his eyes, knowing too well Heechul to even only dream about fighting him and his stupid vanity, especially when he talked about their brotherly link, which, according to the older one, he himself tried to treasure more than life itself. He stepped forwards and quickly brought both hands around the older male's waist, back-hugging him and leaning with his cheek on his brother's shoulder. He looked as cute as a baby hamster with cheeks full of sunflower seeds, and Kyuhyun couldn't help but stare with lips slightly ajar, unconsciously liking the innocence of the family picture.

"Sorry..." Ryeowook said "I've been missing you a lot lately, you're always travelling, or with Siwon..."

"I know" Heechul confirmed, showing his clumsy housewife-like skills as he set the table with kitchenware of different colors and from different sets "I've just come back from New York in fact, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss you as well" he explained, his lips as he eyed his food with drool almost dripping from the corners of his mouth.

"You were there with Siwon!" Kyuhyun butted in, not able to take it in anymore. Each lingering thoughts about that traitor of a cousin was earning himself a stomach boiling in rage.

"Of course I was there with Siwon, you little Sherlock!" Heechul laughed. He kicked away his trolley suitcase as soon as Ryeowook had detached himself from the hug, and he plopped on a high chair, in front of a mixed-cheese slice of giant pizza "I was the one to suggest him to tell you to move here"

"No wonder..." Ryeowook muttered with eyes set low, he sat besides his brother and began assisting him as he, for once, intended to share his lunch with the other two boys.

"What do you mean by that?" Kyuhyun stopped moving, his slice of pizza halted in mid-air right before his mouth, since this one had dropped almost to his knees after hearing Ryeowook's unpleasant comment.

Ryeowook shrugged, not sparing him a glance as the pizza looked way more interesting than his new friend.

Kyuhyun put the warm slice back in his plate and, holding out a hand towards Ryeowook, he lightly squeezed his upper arm as he tried to get his attention. Ryeowook, on the other hand, pulled away from the light hold and set some distance: "Did you hear me? I asked what you meant by that. Weren't you the same person that told me I was welcome, and that pointed where I could have slept and...?"

Heechul, who was listening to the whole newly born argument, even though his eyes weren't projected directly on to Kyuhyun's shocked and rather betrayed expression, finally said: "Of course Ryeowook told you where you can sleep. His bedroom is the most comfortable one, you won't have any problem to sleep there with him, right...Ryeowook?" he then directed his voice to the little brother and lifted an eyebrow in a sort of inquisitory frown.

"Sure" Ryeowook once again replied with no true enthusiasm, which made Heechul automatically draw in a deep sigh of resignation. Kyuhyun, even though not understanding what was going on with that kind of elusive Ryeowook, simply took Heechul's look as a sign to let it drop.

Whatever was going on in Ryeowook's mind was making him behave like a totally different person right after he had gotten laid, as if his body was filled with chemicals made of pure lust that were released in the air to attract his partner, only to decharge after having and gather back in an effective charge to chase after his next suitor. The cycle went on and on at each ual , successfully repeating itself with new partners.

It was as if there was a double-faced Ryeowook dealing with him: Dr.Jekyll - the quiet, silent, a bit nasty man towards Kyuhyun right under the full daylight - and Mr. Hyde - the sensual lover who exploited all his tricks to give and take the perfect night, he rarely made errors while enjoying his partner's abilities and seemed to always get the best of each , during each encounter.

Kyuhyun realized to be in the eye of the storm when he understood that Ryeowook's personality was split that way, and that probably he was only good to him, like a toy, whenever he stopped thinking with his brain and let other body parts speak louder for him. 

"So, I came from New York and spent the most lovely weekend with my future husband there" Heechul idiotically smiled as he tried to kill the awful silence "what about you two? Besides the shower, of course... did you get closer? Did you become friends?"

"He came home rather early and since I was going out, we excercised together" Ryeowook said, his mouth still working on the bite he was chewing, shaping the truth to his own will.

"No way! Was it fun?" Heechul widened his eyes, the same thing done by Kyuhyun as he understood the subtle meaning behind Ryeowook's words but didn't want to wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter