Selfish For You

A Spring Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Kyuhyun,

I know I'm not the least entitled to write this letter to you, and for that I apologize, however ever since I met you again that night, I feel in need to sort the last of my feelings out in a neat way.

I loved you very much.

You were my first, biggest love and with you I got the spend the most wonderful years ever. Everything that happened between us will be cherished in my heart until the day I die; so please, don't think of me of the heartless girl who selfishly left you to pursue a better party. You were really everything I could ever want in my life, it's just that, from that point onwards, I thought I could focus on myself a little bit more instead of lingering in dreams and fantasies we were bringing up together.

I needed to act, instead of staying still without a road to take.

It happened while beginning my career as a model that, you know, I met the man that replaced you in my heart. He was a sweet-talker and I fell so hard, it hurt.

Now I realize my mistake, and it's too late.

Because although I was left alone to struggle in the fashion world soon after my encounter with him, I have never thought once to come back to you and hurt you. You don't deserve it. And now I can get the reason why.

You look way happier now, than when we were together. And I must thank Nathan, if you've gone back to smile.

I know so well that sparkling look in your eyes, it always came up whenever you looked at me, but now you're looking at him and it's like your entire world spins around his existence.

It's just so heartwarming to see you that deep in love after I crushed your heart.

Please, please, I am aware that I may not have your forgiveness, but tell him that I want to apologize for being so rude the other day. I didn't mean to. Tell him that I said he's so lucky to have you and that he must not hurt your feelings, not now that you've found your true soulmate.

Remember, don't ever let anyone else do what I have done to you, because you're a wondeful person and you deserve your happiness.

I hope we might get back to be dear friends someday, Kyuhyun...only if you want to.

Until that day, I wish you the best.

Yours, In Hye

 

With watery eyes Kyuhyun read that thin piece of paper over and over again.

He was struck in disbelief when Heechul, two days after the launching event party, came back home waving a letter envelope and telling everyone that Kyuhyun had scored some points with a mysterious woman during the night of the party, or he wouldn't know how to explain why the letter itself was addressed to a foreigner like Kyuhyun was.

Kyuhyun appreciated the fact that In Hye could go over their precious memories and actually understanding why she was at fault. With that letter, her intentions were nice and kind-hearted, and he could somehow recognize the sweet girl he had used to love some time ago.

Yes, she changed, and he didn't like the girl she had turned into.

But that letter changed everything.

His thoughts on In Hye changed, as well as those about Ryeowook.

Oh God.

Kyuhyun was beginning to get affected by Ryeowook's presence in his life. And that scared him.

He got it when he didn't totally repulse the idea of screwing up with him the second time - unlike the first, it was rather a voluntarily done act - or when he often woke up in bed with him and watched over his sleep in the middle of the night.

He felt as his, the story behind Ryeowook's depression as a teenager; he felt uncertain, but trusting, when Ryeowook had had his way with him for the first time ever (despite the physical pain that followed); he felt accustomed to the swinging mood of the petite man, addicted to when he mistakeningly showed too much his undeniably sweet side; he felt in love when Ryeowook's lips touched his and the set taboo fell apart.

It was as if a magic spell was broken and thousands of butterflies flew with a rapid flur in his stomach.

He hated the feeling of being subdued to such a change, but loved if it was Ryeowook the one making him feel as much.

"Kyu?"

Kyuhyun snapped out of his thoughts when Ryeowook emerged from the corridor with a quite heavy box in his arms. His voice betrayed a little bit of fatigue and Kyuhyun immediately stood up from the sofa in the living room to rush and help him.

"Give that to me" he said after quickly stuffing the crumpled letter away in his pocket.

"Don't worry. I can move it to the car. There's actually a last box upstairs that I need to move away. It's much heavier, so I wondered if you could bring it to me" Ryeowook asked, a few pearls of perspiration rolled on his forehead, showing his efforts; his eyes blinked twice and then set their charming dark gems right into Kyuhyun's.

"Sure!" Kyuhyun decidedly replied and jogged upstairs, where he found the box lying right in front of Ryeowook's bedroom door.

He threw a glance at the content inside and among all the objects he noticed some thick books, stationery, his beauty case, a small giraffe stuffed toy.

"A-are you going somewhere?" he asked a couple of minutes later, when he had settled the box in the car trunk and Ryeowook was fixing at least three others of them. His heart stung in pain when Ryeowook silently nodded.

"I'm going back to live at the dorms. The new semester starts tomorrow for me, so you can keep staying here in my room. You'll have much more space with me gone, so if you want to set a gaming area, you've got my permission" Ryeowook smiled, and this one's chill about moving back to the dorms was making his heart uncontrollably bleed in pain.

"Why can't you stay here for a little while more? I mean...there's just a week and a half left before I go back to Korea, you're a heartless bastard if you leave me on my own in a city I don't know!" Kyuhyun complained with the same whiny tone of a child who's just seen the possibility of eating sweets fading away.

"I'm not a heartless bastard, Kyuhyun. I'm an university student about to get his degree in chemistry, therefore I must go back to attend classes if I want to graduate with excellent grades" Ryeowook explained without a blink. He felt a bit wronged about Kyuhyun's whims.

"Come on! When do I get to see you then? I bet your school schedule is packed!" Kyuhyun followed him back inside the house, a bit angry to see Ryeowook actually shrug the whole topic off with a light move of his should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter