At-tempting

A Spring Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning!" Kyuhyun heard the chirping voice of Heechul welcoming him into the kitchen for breakfast, as he appeared at the door with that tired face of his.

Silently, he approached the squared kitchen island and plopped onto a high chair, wanting to avoid keeping eyecontact with Ryeowook who was now sitting across the table and leaning into his brother's hug. He clutched in his hands a tall glass filled with cold milk and drank it while profiting of the sweet cuddles that Heechul was now giving him, as he continuously petted the smaller one's hair.

Kyuhyun couldn't help but betray his interest for the way Ryeowook quietly - perhaps too much quietly, almost suspiciously - sipped his milk, some droplets occasionally resting on his thin lips before being away, something that made Kyuhyun uneasily shifting in his seat for obvious reasons.

"It doesn't look like this is a good morning for you" Siwon appeared from the fridge door after taking out a bowl of fresh, mixed wild berries, which he placed on the table right in front of Heechul's enthusiast face.

Ryeowook hid his grin in the glass, as he continued to sip the drink, but at the same time secretly glanced at Siwon in that amused way of his, which of course didn't go unnoticed by Kyuhyun. The younger man lifted an eyebrow, sweating hard at the mere thought of Ryeowook uncautiously slipping the truth behind his mood to his cousin. 

"Well?" Siwon pressed the matter as no answer came from Kyuhyun, at that point uneasily watching at how Heechul was plucking a strawberry from the bowl and was lovingly feeding his brother.

"I think I...drunk too much" Kyuhyun tried a lie, just to know better than to stir suspicion in his cousin, who promptly asked: "Really? It didn't seem to me that you were hanging around the bar yesterday. To be more exact, I lost track of you after you decided to get inside the house and get changed"

"True" Heechul butted in as he now waited for Ryeowook to finish spreading some marmalade for him on a slice of toased bread "Siwon and I were drinking with a couple of friends and we never left the bar, which you didn't hang around for sure" he grinned in satisfaction and collected his slice from the plate where Ryeowook had left it.

"Leave him be" Ryeowook finally spoke, and Kyuhyun wasn't sure whether he was happy to hear his chirping voice again or start feeling doomed while waiting for the ticking bomb to explode. Ryeowook played with a thin, silver teaspoon while he spoke, which he brought to his mouth just to the savory marmalade left in it. Damn him for that! Kyuhyun was already having troubles to get focused on how to keep himself together in front of his cousin, now Ryeowook's provoking lips were torturing the silverware and with that also his thin limit of patience.

He wouldn't have lasted longer, if that was the pace of things.

"He was with me" Ryeowook smiled as he looked down at the now perfectly clean spoon, considering at that point his task complete.

At those words both his brother and Siwon turned almost at the same time to glance at the smiling Ryeowook, who was then playing with his glass, as he moved it in circle with a swift move of the wrist, and doing so the remaining drink joyfully twirled around the glassy walls.

"Really?" Siwon asked, unable to hide his happiness at the mention of his too loner cousin finally getting along with someone of his age, with Ryeowook...moreover.

Ryeowook nodded, aware of the way Siwon's smile was contagious. 

"We slept together!" then Ryeowook nonchalantly slipped out, filling all the pleasant silence, taking place of the usual breakfast hums and finally witnessing how Siwon's smile for too long froze on his mouth until he then became unmoving.

Kyuhyun looked, with mouth hanging open, straight into the void the same spot that a little while before in his sight was filled with the playful smile decorating Ryeowok's mouth, probably considering a quick way to reach death and escape from the billions questions that would have headed towards him as soon as Siwon and Heechul could have taken back control over their shocked faces and gained the power to voice their thoughts.

No he didn't. He prayed that what he had just heard coming from the man weren't those same, dangerous words he was so frightened to hear. No, Ryeowook couldn't have really spilled the truth out as if it were just another normal conversational topic signed on the daily agenda. It sounded too much like a sort of last minute reminder, as if he felt in need to inform both his brother and this one's lover of something that they needed to know, no matter how or what, in order to face the day with one less worry.

Heechul was the only one that somehow didn't give the news the right importance, the expected one from him at the very least, and just kept teasing the bunch of berries he had picked up earlier from the bowl.

How was it possible that the same overly protective brother of Ryeowook wasn't throwing a fit for having heard those words? Kyuhyun kept on wondering, while more than a half of himself was too busy at trying to keep his racing heartbeat under control, blood from running too fast and boil in the wrong places - like his soft cheeks for example, where his guilt would have been too visible to hide - or cold sweat from drenching him from head to toe. He was sick of dealing with improvised change of clothes due to water-related problems, after all it was one of the many reasons why he was so available to be appointed as Ryeowook's prey the previous night. 

"Oh gosh, guys! What were you thinking of right now?!" Ryeowook asked, breaking the inconvenient, awkward silence, sounding also as if profoundly insulted and wronged by that assumption "I just lent him some clothes and let him sleep with me, since he didn't know where to go. Siwon, I can't believe you are not able to look after your own relative! Plus, you've got that little dirty mind of yours that would sooner or later get you caught into troubles..." the smaller one grinned, placing his empty glass on the cold surface of the table as Heechul burst into laughter, one aimed at making fun of Siwon's naivety.

"You wouldn't expect my little brother to suddenly deflower your cousin, would you?" Heechul looked over to where Siwon's pale complexion was slowly returning of its original shade. He forced out a quite awkward laugh himself and, rubbing the back of his neck, cracked a little smile: "No, of course not! It's just...the way he said it...it seemed believable" Siwon shrugged, all the more embarrassed.

At that point Ryeowook stood up and reached Siwon around the squared table, on the spot where the older man was leaning against the high island with his hands strongly gripping the edges of it. Ryeowook s his arms around Siwon's waist and snuggled his face in between the man's shoulder blades, rubbing his cheek against his future relative's warm back: "It sounded so, because it is the truth. Tell him yourself, that we slept together and it was wonderful!" Ryeowook's head suddenly popped up from behind Siwon's back and appeared to showcase another evilish grin addressed to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun's lips started to quiver and his whole being to hyperventilate. He had strangely kept silent for so long, now everybody demanded that he could provide an explanation to support Ryeowook's fantasy story. The more difficult it was, since the smaller one had just added a wrongly placed wonderful to describe the situation. How could one describe as wonderful a night of sleep, unless the night itself was sleep-deprived, of course?

And so Kyuhyun tried to gather what little dignity was left without betraying too much his disquiet.

His mouth opened a little bit, hoping some coherent sounds would exit, until Heechul butted in: "Of course it was! You've got that marvelous bed of yours upstairs, you whiny!" the blond one rolled his eyes and scoffed in front of his brother "Mom and dad would have rather died instead of hearing you cry from day to night in order to restyle the third floor into your huge bedroom!"

"Excuse me if I needed more space to mind my business!" Ryeowook unexpectedly fought his brother back and stuck his tongue out. Their bicker started and as always Siwon ended up to take the role of the shield between them.

"What business? I have never seen anybody else other than Sungmin entering that room, instead of the so many guests you've always said you would have brought along for your sleepovers!" Heechul nonchalantly added, taking pleasure into glancing at his little brother getting of a curious scarlet shade at the mention of his failed attempts of arranging sleepovers.

"What does that mean? Even though not many people stopped by, I need the certainty to know that I have enough space to accomodate as many people as possible" Ryeowook lifted his chin in the air as much indignatedly as he could.

"Okay baby Wookie, you win" Heechul stopped fighting and smiled wide after watching Siwon frantically gesticulating behind an unaware Ryeowook, in the vain attempt to cut the discussion to the lowest.

Ryeowook, suspicious, followed the point where Heechul's eyes were looking at and turned his face just to see Siwon suddenly stilling with arms spread open, caught red-handed while trying to persuade Heechul to drop the discussion. 

"Yeah, as always there's no use to discuss further about it, when you can't do much but side with him!" disappointed, Ryeowook stood up and automatically judged Siwon guilty of being too biased towards his lover.

"He's my future husband, you know? Of course he sides with me!" Heechul rose his voice and jerked his head towards the direction Ryeowook was headed to "You'll find soon what it means to have someone that unconditionally backs you up. I will surely have a thorough chat about that with your future lover and threaten him to death if he dares to break your heart, simple isn't it?"

Ryeowook stopped under the arched door-less frame just to take his time and show his brother his not-so-caring expression. After rolling eyes to the ceiling, he simply said "Sure, why hasn't the last one died already, then?" he scoffed, a bitter, ugly smile of resentment staining his lips. Kyuhyun couldn't fail to notice the heaviness that impregnated Ryeowook's otherwise lighter voice while mentioning such a fact.

"He escaped too early for that, you know it" Heechul lifted an eyebrow and shared an utterly disgusted frown, probably at the recall of something nasty that he'd have rather forgotten than dusting to new light.

"Okay, it's time to quit that..." Siwon walked up behind Heechul's chair and entoured his shoulders in a gentle hug, with which he pulled the older man closer to his chest so he could bend his head and peck Heechul's one in an attempt to coax him to calmness "Wookie, while you were showering Sungmin called and said he is gonna wait for you at the mall in a couple hours, I told him that's fine with you" Siwon announced, never letting Heechul go from his hold, in the meanwhile.

Ryeowook simply nodded after pursing his lips in acknowledgment. After that, he really disappeared upstairs once again, and Kyuhyun found himself a little perplexed while scrutinizing the bottom of his coffee mug; anything as he felt losing himself in many considerations about his accidental fling's strange life, or better, what few excerpts he managed to get through the conversations had with his cousin or the one just heard from Heechul.

And so Ryeowook was just like him. He had been dumped from an important person, his former loved one, and that still hurt him and the ones that surrounded him, or Heechul would have probably never taken on the role of the murderous brother affected by slight rage attacks and in need of double checking whoever got in contact with Ryeowook before giving his final approval. That somehow gave him goosebumps, because what if he truly understood that he had spent a night with Ryeowook without being deemed worth of it? 

What a stupid bunch of useless thoughts were now crossing his mind? Why was he even worried about Heechul's reaction at that point? It wasn't like he purposefully meant to share a night with Ryeowook like the blond boy from the swimming pool had wanted! He simply ended up being pushed onto the bed against his will, or that was what he desperately tried to convince himself of having suffered, though his mind told him one thing and his heart a totally different one. Vivid in his memory was still the way Ryeowook's curvy hips moved at each s and how his voice rised at each...

"Kyu?" 

Thankfully Kyuhyun was snapped out of his thoughts - or his red blush would have become purplish at such illecit thoughts - and looked up at Siwon, who curiously eyed him from the seat that a little while before had been Ryeowook's during breakfast.

"Y-yes?" he blurted out, a bit too rushed, as if forced out of his mouth with brutality.

"Did you hear what I said?"

Heechul laughed at Kyuhyun's strange, lost expression: "He's probably considering how dreadful tagging along with us while planning the wedding might be" he joked with Siwon, whom in truth didn't find that statement any fun.

"You're spacing out a lot today, are you feeling well?" Siwon asked and Kyuhyun considered whether telling him he was now frightened of having to go through a complex analysis of his uality that morning, because even though he had absolutely everything and more against sleeping with a man - starting from his morals - he couldn't deny that what he remembered about the , and it was a large three-quarters of it, was good...too good, to be honest. How to begin though?

"I'm fine" he then decided to keep silent, remorse and guilt killing him inside "What were you guys talking about?"

"I asked what your plans for the day are" Siwon sighed.

"I've got none" Kyuhyun shrugged and Siwon at that point repeated himself for the second time, giving out suggestions to fill Kyuhyun's days "So, before you find the way to go back to my place and lock yourself up with your computer games, don't look at me like that because I saw you brought everything over - he digressed a little bit, glancing in a not very pleasant way towards his cousin, more as if he was judging him - you may either choose to come with us and help us with the wedding plans as Heechul was saying, or get changed and go with Ryeowook downtown. He's gonna meet up with his best friend at the mall and..."

"I'd rather get a way to reconcile with my videogames, as you mentioned dear cousin, but since I can't I will surely pick the mall choice instead of following you two around and get the risk to become your shopping bags porter" said that he simply stood up and turned heels - better, slippers - until he was nowhere to be seen.

"Gosh, he picked up so badly then. He doesn't know that he's gonna end up to be Ryeowook's porter instead!" Heechul burst into a loud laughter, his mood exceptionally good for feeling the cozy atmosphere of family surrounding him.

Siwon smiled too and quickly got his way up to Heechul's lips, which he pecked once but took the time to savour thoroughly: "Something tells me that the two will get along pretty well" he decleared, snatching a loud giggle from Heechul.

 

"Wallet, check. Agenda, check. Hair comb, check. I've got everything I need, why do I feel like forgetting something?" Ryeowook mumbled to himself and no one in particular while stuffing his backpack. In front of the vertical, integral high mirror decorated along the edges with carved leaves on the glass (a present from his mother while he was desperately looking for furniture to buy and arrange in the new room), Ryeowook was soon joined by Kyuhyun. The tall, lean figure of the younger one appeared ever so silently behind his back: jeans of a light shade of blue wrapping his toned legs, a darker blue hoodie as a top, messy hair - he tried to style it, with no success - and that dazzling bare face that enhanced his huge dark eyes.

"Reflect your dreams in me, don't ever let you down, my beautiful sunshine" Kyuhyun read out loud the writing that Mrs. Kim had dedicated to his son with solemn voice.

"What do you need?" Ryeowook asked, a bit pissed off about Kyuhyun being there in his walk-in closet and reading his personal stuff.

"Cared to pack your hair comb with you, but your cellphone laid abandoned on the bed, interesting type I must admit" Kyuhyun grinned then, showing to the older one the thin tablet bordered of a golden plastic cover. 

Ryeowook turned around and opened one palm to ask to be given the device without ever speaking if not through his pissed off expression.

"Sunshine, mhm?" Kyuhyun asked again, curious as for the meaning of the sentence while Ryeowook fixed his light make up.

"Do you even know any Korean? I am starting to doubt it" 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, offended. At that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter