Taking the Right Decision

A Spring Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you really scared of him that much?" Kyuhyun asked from the other side of the huge living room. He had just picked a chubby strawberry from the bowl of fresh fruits that Ryeowook had wanted to order through the room service.

The large double door that divided the sumptuous bedroom of the presidential suite was spread open and set in communication the two rooms.

Ryeowook snorted a bit, rolling his eyes as he tried to focus on what he was maniacally writing on his laptop, a sort of official statement on the meeting he had had a couple of days before with Hangeng and that he needed to send to his brother.

"I'm not...scared" Ryeowook stopped just to stress the last word with a bit too much of emphasis "I simply don't want to listen to him ing around because I wrecked the agreement he was so keen at trying to reach" he resumed his rhythmic typing and tapping of the keys.

"Yeah, and that's why you've shut your phone for three days now" Kyuhyun commented with a small laugh "Oh, and I forgot you did the same with mine" 

"I had to do it!" Ryeowook sighed, briefly looking up at the ceiling with a light shake of his head in disagreement "By now he already knows about what happened at Hangeng's place, he probably already knows about us, and that wasn't surely the way I wanted to brag to him about getting the boyfriend of my dreams" he shrugged with so much simplicity.

Kyuhyun straightened his back in surprise. It had been three days that Ryeowook considered him as his new boyfriend (and viceversa), but hearing him saying such things was a complete new story. A refreshing, almost sweet, turnover, if he had to add his personal opinion.

He was leaning againt the edges of the round dining table placed in the middle of the living room, before lifting himself and taking the bowl with him. 

Step by step, he padded his way to the large double bed and, after setting the fruits on the nightstand, he sat next to Ryeowook. His weight sunk softly in the mattress, making the petite man fall a bit to his side, towards Kyuhyun, who promptly caught him around the waist and dove his face in the collar of Ryeowook's t-shirt.

Ryeowook squirmed, feeling immediately the ticklish sensation of Kyuhyun's lips trailing soft paths on his neck, nibbling and with tender adoration.

"That was pleasant to hear" Kyuhyun murmured, his breath hot under Ryeowook's jaw. The petite man let out a cute chuckle as he tried to retract his neck like a baby turtle in his shell, uncaring that the laptop had fallen off his knees and onto the other side of the bed, unnoticing that the impetuous gesture of his hand on the keyboard had just started a sudden call among his mailing list.

Ryeowook didn't care at all when Kyuhyun hugged him tighter and gently rested him against the cushions, he didn't care when his new boyfriend was tenderly kissing every inch of his soft cheeks before moving again on his lip and savoring them all, he didn't care when the kiss deepend and he became a mess under the effective spell of Kyuhyun's voracious mouth, however he began to care a little more when all of a sudden a totally familiar voice started blasting from the speakers of his computer and he almost bit Kyuhyun's tongue due to the huge fright he got for that.

"Look who's...I wanted to say calling me, but it's be better to say kissing his brother's relative!" Heechul exclaimed through the video that had lit up the screen.

Already crimson red in the face for being caught red-handed, Ryeowook tried to push Kyuhyun away, but the younger man simply kept him in place as he cradled the petite one in his arms: "Hi there, Heechul!" he greeted with a victorious smile, noticing that the computer showed a mistakingly opened chat. He reached over to the laptop and adjusted it on the bed.

"Hi, Kyu" Heechul smirked, trying not to keep his eyes off the screen and instead wanting so bad to convey the flaring glare he was directing at the webcam.

"Hey..." Ryeowook looked up at Kyuhyun and then down at the screen "Ever since when you call him by that name?!" he asked, jealousy obviously poisoning his tongue.

"And ever since when you're kissing him and letting him hug you that naturally, baby brother? Did I miss anything from you two brats, by chance?" Heechul asked.

"We-well..."

"Never mind!" Heechul brushed it off when Ryeowook had tried to explain the situation without getting the time to even start "I've heard everything from Hangeng. I fear I would have waited ages before getting to know you two are together!" Heechul clicked his tongue in disappointment, shaking his head in a profusion of no-nos.

"W-what?" Ryeowook stuttered again.

"I told you he wasn't that against us..." Kyuhyun chuckled and planted a quick kiss on Ryeowook's cheek.

"Not that!" Ryeowook protested "That I know well, I used to talk about you with him"

"You did?" Kyuhyun looked more and more amused with each little thing he got to discover from Ryeowook.

"Yes, but that's not important. He heard from Hangeng..." Ryeowook now looked very worried and hide his face in Kyuhyun's chest: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!" he blurted without seeming to stop anytime soon.

"For what?" Heechul's eyebrow rose, delighted as he watched his brother leaning into Kyuhyun's embrace just like a newly-set couple. His heart widened in joy and he could feel in his stomach the same flur of butterflies that his baby brother might have felt when protected in the arms of his lover.

"About...the deal" Ryeowook's chin shyly emerged from behind Kyuhyun's arm.

"Was that the reason why your phone is currently and still out of reach?" Heechul laughed out loud.

"Why damn are you laughing?!" Ryeowook turned around but never left Kyuhyun's arms. He threw bed glared at the screen and at his brother who was seemingly making fun of him "I angered your...was that even your friend in the first place? But that doesn't matter, I made him angry and lost the opportunity to reach a conclusion for the deal you wanted me to achieve. Heechul, we won't have any base in China without Hangeng's help!"

"In his defence..." Kyuhyun added "...I can say that Hangeng blackmailed him. He asked Ryeowook to end up in an arranged marriage with him, in order to hand his possessions over to you, Heechul"

"I know that" Heechul nodded "Hangeng told me everything over a phone call yesterday. He also told me that you broke a precious vase because you were barely keeping your jealousy from erupting, but that considering your over-possessiveness towards my brother, he considers himself lucky enough not to showcase a broken nose instead"

"And so? What is your opinion about that? Were you really ready to sell off your brother like that and set him up with someone that he doesn't even love?" Kyuhyun's voice rose just a little bit, but it sounded menacing enough.

"Calm your spirits, Cho!" Heechul ordered "It's not fun with you guys. You take it too seriously, really!" he sighed, before pouting and crossing arms over his chest like a baby just deprived of his favorite toy "I told Hangeng to behave like that. It was just a joke, an innocent joke that would have brought you two close if the reservation of the suite wouldn't have worked"

Ryeowook's eyes widened in shock: "You did what?!" 

"Listen Wookie" Heechul began, sighing here and there to make his revelations sound more solemn: "I was still worried for you after what had happened on the day after my wedding. I want you to be happy, and according to your words no one can do that like Kyuhyun does. I wanted you two to get together so bad and I arranged everything in my power to make it so, starting from his job in our agency, the trip to Hong Kong, the hotel reservation. Then I asked Hangeng to help me..."

"You still need to tell me everything about him!" Ryeowook exclaimed, still worried, but Kyuhyun, interested in the explanation, silenced him by placing a hand on his mouth.

Heechul went on: "Hangeng was... he is a dear friend of mine. I met him when I first came to China with mom to help her out and learn Chinese for her business. We kind of screwed around each other, to be honest. Before Siwon ever came into my life, he fell in love with me but I wasn't looking for anything serious to happen back then, so... Okay, that doesn't matter though! We teamed up to joke with you guys. He's already sold me everything he owned, he just said that because we came up with a plan to finally uncover your feelings for each other. He spied on you because I told him to do that"

Silence then.

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were thinking of the same conclusion, in unison, and that was probably about the efforts Heechul had done so far to help and couple them together. While Heechul... for the first time in his life was nervously waiting for someone else's judgment, and that someone else was his younger brother, the person he cherished the most in the world.

From the other side of the screen, he was seen with head hung low, eyes cast on the keyboard while waiting and waiting for the younger couple to say something, anything in tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter