Your Knight

Switched

             “No way!” Becca screamed, getting her first ever strike.

“That is….” Anna gapped at the pins that were all fallen over.

“In your face!” Becca shouted, jumping up on the chairs.

“Becca get down,” Stephanie begged. You chuckled at Becca, who now had her foot on the back of the chair and looked like a Captain Morgan commercial. You noticed that one of your shoes was untied, so you pulled your foot up onto the edge of your seat and began to tie it, but as you pulled the laces tight they snapped.

“You have go to be kidding me,” you mumbled.

“Go get some new laces,” Amy said, glancing over at your shoe. “Mason probably has some.” You nodded, took off your shoe and walked over to the counter.

“~~~~~! What’s up?” Mason asked as you approached the counter.

“You wouldn’t happen to have some laces I could use?” you responded, setting your shoe on the counter. Mason looked down at the broken lace and then nodded.

“I’ll get some,” he said turning to go into the back room.

“Hot pink please!” you yelled in a joking matter. Mason waved his hand over his shoulder to confirm that he had heard you. You laughed and rested your elbows on the counter.

“Hey,” you heard someone over your shoulder. You glanced and saw Chris walking towards you.

“What do you want?” you asked, turning around and leaning your back against the counter. Chris shrugged and put his hands into his pockets. “Where is your little girlfriend?” you wondered out loud.

“I don’t know,” he scrunched up his face at the thought of her.

“You don’t know? Normally you two are connected at the hip,” you snipped.

“Maybe it’s about time I break that connection,” he suggested.

“What do you mean?” you asked.

“I’ll leave her if you ask me,” Chris explained, stepping closer to you.

“What?” you were completely confused.

“You are the most amazing girl I have ever met and I was an idiot to leave you,” Chris smiled, caressing your cheek. A shudder ran down your spine at the thought of being with any guy other than Jin at the moment, but Chris took the shiver as response to his touch. He smiled and leaned towards you. You quickly spun around, whipping him in the face with your hair in the process.

“Well your too late,” you mumbled.

“~~~~~….” Chris said, placing his hands on your shoulders and leaning towards your ear. “I know you still have feelings towards me. So let’s not hurt each other anymore.” You shrugged his hands off you, and turned your face away from him when you noticed something sitting on the counter. A smile spread across your face and you turned back around so your back was against the counter.

“Do you really want me back?” you asked, batting your eyelashes at him.

“Yes,” Chris smiled, sensing a victory impending. He placed his hands on each side of you on the counter. “I really do.”

“Well then… close your eyes so I can give you something I have wanted to for a long time,” you said with a coy smile. Chris closed his eyes and leaned towards you, expecting a kiss. You leaned over and grabbed the can off the counter. “Ready…” you smiled, holding the can in front of your face. You saw Chris nod slightly, so you quickly turned your head to the side, covered your ear with the one free hand you had and pressed down the button on the can. An earsplitting noise shattered the quiet air around you.

Chris stumbled backwards nearly falling over, “What the hell?!” he screamed.

You laughed and threw the air horn over your shoulder, “Who said I want you back?” you yelled so he could hear.

“~~~~~!” Mason shouted running out of the back room with pink laces in hand.

“It’s nothing,” you smiled, “Thanks.” You grabbed the laces out of his hand and your shoe off the counter, walking back over towards your group of friends.

“You…” Chris ran over and grabbed your arm, turning you around, “What the hell was that?!”

“What?” you asked innocently, with the same smile still plastered on your face.

“You…” Chris repeated, not able to find any more words, and stepping closer to you.

“You done?” you asked, jerking your arm free. Chris glared at you as you heard a shriek from behind him. You glanced over his shoulder and saw Abby running towards you. *This is just turning out fabulously*

“What are you doing?” she screamed.

“Can you please tell your boyfriend to stop flirting with me? It’s exhausting,” you stated.

“You…” Abby glared at you.

“Wow! You two have them same amount of vocabulary. Good job,” you clapped your hands together mockingly. A sharp pain shot across your face. You lifted your hand up to your slapped cheek.

“Don’t be cocky,” she stated with vehemence. You poked the inside of your cheek with your tongue and dropped your hand.

“Cocky? I was simply stating the facts,” you responded. Abby raised her hand again to slap you, but before it got fully up someone else’s hand grabbed her wrist.

“Don’t even think about,” snapped an ice-cold voice. You rubbed your eyes to make sure you weren’t imagining anything.

“Jin….”

 

 

YAY! JIN! I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!