Practice From Hell

Switched

You had been practicing for only two days, but it felt like two years. Jin had reverted to his old ways and was yelling at you for every little mistake, and he would not allow Kame to help or demonstrate how he does it.

“Again!” he shouted. You let out a breath and went to your starting position as he started the song Signal. You stomped, jumped and spun and what you thought were all the right parts.

“No wrong!” Jin yelled. He stormed over towards you and started the song over. He started to do the beginning of the dance as you watched him closely. “See there!” he said finishing and looking to you.

You smiled a bit and nodded, “Yes.”

“Then do it right this time,” Jin said with a bit of malice in his voice. He started the song again and you tried to follow all the moves Jin had just showed. After the second, spin you realized that you were a beat early, but you tried to regain yourself and get back on track.

But it was to late, Jin had already seen, “What are you doing?! Are you even trying to do this right?!” Jin yelled, slamming his fist against the mirror behind him. You swallowed and tried to slow your breathing down. “I asked you a question!” Jin stormed towards you.

You retreated towards the back mirror, “I’m trying,” you whimpered.

“Obviously not hard enough,” Jin said, pointing at the floor behind him.

“I’m sorry I’m not as good as the almighty you,” you snapped, feeling your anger rising.

“Then you should be focusing more!” Jin yelled.

“Who says I’m not!” you shouted back at him, right as Kame walked in and he noticed that you could cut the tension with a knife. “I’m done,” you said, walking away.

“No your not! You haven’t gotten one song down yet, so there is no way you are done!” Jin yelled, grabbing your arm.

“I need a break. I have been at this for the past two days,” you complained.

“That’s because you need to learn this!” Jin shouted jerking you back to the middle of the floor. You glared at him furiously and then sat down on the ground. *I cannot handle this anymore. I am going to die.*

“What are you doing?!” he exclaimed.

“I need a break! Just ten… no! Even five minutes!” you panted, lying down on he cold floor.

“No! You need to keep working!” Jin yelled, trying to pull you off the floor.

“No!” you refused to move, letting your entire body go slake as Jin tried to pull you.

“You are acting like a spoiled little brat!” Jin shouted.

You sat up and glared at him, “So. You probably did this more than I am! It’s not like I’m asking you to cut off your arm!” you exclaimed.

“And it’s not like I’m asking you to do that either! I am making you practice so you don’t embarrass yourself!” Jin screamed.

“What will five minutes hurt?” you asked seriously.

Jin glowered at you, “Just get up! Now!” Jin yelled.

“No,” you pouted, refusing to move from your spot on the floor.

“Get up!” Jin yelled, grabbing your arm.

“No!” you screamed, letting your arm go slack.

“Yes!” Jin pulled your arm harder.

“No!” you began to pull back.

Jin tugged your arm one last time, and then dropped it and shouted, “Why are you being such a selfish ?!” You froze and stared up at him. He had no humor in his eyes, he meant every word, and showed no regrets of saying it, which cut you like a knife. “What? Are you going to practice now?” Jin asked as if he had said nothing wrong. You stared into his eyes, searching for some sign of regret, but there was none.

“I hate you,” you whispered.

“What?” Jin said jokingly, leaning towards you.

“I hate you!” you screamed as you got up off the floor and ran past Kame out of the room. *I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!* you thought as you ran.

Jin turned to the door feeling slightly upset over what you had said and  then looked at Kame, “Can you believe that? That is what I have to work with.” Kame stormed across the room and grabbed Jin’s collar, lifting him off the ground so that Jin’s face was only inches from Kame’s.

“The only thing stopping me from hitting you right now, is that you are in her body. Otherwise, I would not hesitate,” Kame said with vehemence. He threw Jin to he floor and ran out after you. *What did I do?* Jin thought, rubbing the back of his neck.

Kame knocked on your door, “~~~~?” He opened the door a crack and looked in. You were sitting on the bed with Hoshi, and staring out the window. “Are you okay ~~~~?” Kame asked.

You turned to look at him and smiled, “Yeah.” but Kame could see there was hurt in your eyes.

“You know Jin,” he sighed and walked into the room, “He vents a lot and doesn’t think about it,” Kame said, trying to explain why what he said meant nothing.

“It’s not even what he said,” you whispered.

“Then what is it?” he asked, sitting down next to you.

“It’s that I left my family behind, came here willingly and he still calls me selfish,” you said, feeling tears fill your eyes. “I miss them,” you said pulling your legs closer to your chest, like a scared little girl.

Kame rubbed your arm, “It’s okay. Just let it out.” You glanced at him and then began to sob into your knees.

“I miss them so much,” you sobbed.

Kame rubbed your back consolingly, “It’s okay,” he cooed over and over again.

Outside the door, stood Jin. He leaned against the wall and listened through the partially opened door, as you cried. He hit his head against the wall softly, *I am such a Jerk*

 

 

What a jerk Jin was, but at least he feels guilty, even if it was a bit to late. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT