Think Before You Speak

Switched

“I'm singin' my love to you. So that you would tell me that you wanna be with me and I feel like... Ah, ah! Ah, ah! My love… your love… my life… your life…this is a new…It's a new world…” you muttered slowly. You were in your body and lying on the cold hard floor of the dance studio. You opened your eyes and stared at the ceiling before you finally lifted up the lyrics for ‘Love Yourself’ up to your face, and read what you had just said, making sure it was right.

“It’s not that hard to remember. It’s just that stupid Jin’s fault. Singing in front of a live audience is probably easier than singing in front of him,” you grumbled to yourself. Suddenly, you heard the door open, so you bent your head backwards to look at who was there. Kame greeted you with a warm smile and shuffled over to you.

“No dancing today?” he asked, sitting down next to you.

“Nope! Studying! I know all the songs from listening to you guys before, but I just stumble in some parts,” you breathed.

“Which one were you just working on?” Kame asked.

“Love Yourself,” you smiled. “I liked your drama that went with it,” you complimented.

Kame stared at you for a second and then laughed, “You watched that?”

“Yep, you were very rebellious in it just like you were in Gokusen 2!” you chuckled, sitting up straight.

“Don’t remind me of that. It was horrible,” he messed with his hair.

“Why?! I liked it!” you exclaimed.

“It was my first big part. So I was a little awkward,” he admitted.

You shook your head, “I thought it was perfect for the character. I think he was supposed to have trouble conversing normally with others. If not, he wouldn’t have had that misunderstanding with Jin’s character,” you shrugged.

  “Moving on,” Kame moved his hand in a circle, wanting to get off the topic. “What part is giving you a hard time?”

You raised the paper up to eye level and scanned it, “Right...Here,” you pointed to the part in English. Kame grabbed the paper and read over the part. “It’s not that it’s hard to remember, it’s just the speed and beat get me messed up,” you added as he read.

“How about I sing the first part leading into it and then you follow,” he suggested. You nodded excitedly. *Finally! An actual person singing with me!*

Kame took a deep breath then began, “Sore wo koe kikoete kuru, Tooku tooku hora kono mune ni!”

“I'm singin’, my love, to you! So that you would tell me that you wanna be with me and I feel like... Ah! ah! Ah, ah! My love! Your love! My life! Your life! This is a new... It's a new world…” You opened your eyes, realizing you had closed them as you sang. You peered at Kame.

“Did that sound right?” you questioned unsurely. Kame didn’t say anything. “Kame!” you waved your hand in front of his face, trying to get his attention.

“You have a really pretty voice,” Kame mumbled.

You stopped waving your hand, and dropped it to your side, “What?”

Kame blinked a couple times, coming out of his daze, “Um… never mind. It was perfect!” You watched him closely and saw that he was embarrassed about speaking what he must have been thinking.

“Why couldn’t I have switched bodies with you?” you said in return.

Kame stared at you in astonishment, “What?”

“You are so much nicer and easier to get along with. Jin on the other hand,” you rolled your eyes, “He is another story completely.” You looked back at Kame with sincere eyes. Kame didn’t say a word, but his eyes seemed to be saying a million things that you couldn’t comprehend. “What are you thinking?” you asked.

Kame grinned, “I was just thinking about how different everything would be right now.”

“That’s true,” you giggled. You thought about how everything would change if you and Kame had switched. You would not get yelled at so often, you would be less stressed, and if you missed your family, you could go to see them, but strangely, deep down, you didn’t want it to be any different than it was now.

“Well… Looks like you don’t need my help anymore!” Kame exclaimed, interrupting your thoughts. “I’m going to go to bed and you should too, cause you know Jin is going to drill you hard tomorrow.”

You saluted him, “Aye, aye Capitan!”

Kame shook his head and stood up, “Night,” he said, rustling your hair and walking out of the room.

You looked at the door and then placed your hand on your hair, “What is wrong with me?” You looked into one of the mirrors and saw that your entire face was bright red.

On the other side of the door, Kame leaned against the wall staring at his hand. He glanced over his shoulder as if he could see through it to you. “It’s good, that we didn’t switch. Otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to protect you at all times,” Kame whispered quietly to himself, before heading off to bed.

 

 

No clue what to say today! Looks like Kame and you are developing feelings for each other! What will Jin do? Will he even notice? If you couldn’t tell, I have watched a lot of Kame’s dramas. I kind of needed a filler so when they’re talking about Dramas that was an actual useless conversation I had with my friend put to good use. Who said watching Dramas was a waste of time. :) Song used: Love Yourself :) I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!