Normal Life

Switched

Your plane landed early in the morning and you called your mom to come pick you up. She sounded frantic, but excited that you were back. Within thirty minutes of calling her she was in the terminal waving her hands like a crazy maniac. You smiled and walked over to her, but before you were able to get over to her she jumped at you and wrapped her arms around you in a tight hug.

“Thank God your back!” her voice cracked and it sounded as if she was about to cry.

“It’s okay mom,” you gently patted her back. Suddenly you felt a lightweight on your leg. You twisted your head so you were able to look down to see what it was. It was Tommy. He had his arms wrapped around your leg and his head resting on your hip. You felt smiled softly and when your mom released you bent over and gave him and actual hug.

“I’m not invisible anymore,” you said gently over his shoulder, remembering what your mom had told him. Tommy flung his arms around you and hugged you back. When you tried to pull away from the hug eventually, Tommy refused to let go, so you ended up lifting him up and carrying him out to the car. He clutched onto your shirt the entire ride home as if he was afraid that you would just vanish. You told your mom about everything that had happened since your last visit, leaving out certain parts.

“Well at least it is all over now,” you mom smiled from the front seat.

“Yeah…” you sighed depressingly as you looked out the window. Your mom glanced in the rear view mirror and saw your face, making her wonder what else had happened. Once you were home, it was nearly ten o’clock, you left your suitcase in the front hall. “Mom!” you called out. “Do you think I could go see my friends?” you asked.

“But… you just got back,” your mom pouted.

“I know but…” you shrugged. You needed something to keep your mind off Jin.

“Okay… but come home early,” your mom agreed. You nodded, called your friends and then ran to the bowling alley.

“~~~~~!” Amy shrieked as she ran at you for a hug. *I am going to be getting a lot of these today.* you thought, trying to lighten your mood.

“I missed you so much!” Stephanie squealed, also giving you a hug.

“Where did you go?!” they all began to interrogate you, one question after another. You smiled and laughed as you answered their questions, trying not to give anything away.

“Okay guys!” you finally interrupted their endless rain of questions. “Are we going to go in or not?” They all submitted, unwillingly, and followed you inside.

“~~~~~!” Mason called out from behind the counter. You looked over and it seemed as if you had just been there yesterday. Mason was wearing the exact same outfit, cowboy hat, boots and all the rest.

“Hi,” you chuckled walking over to him.

“Where have you been?” he asked.

“Places,” you teased.

Mason tried to role his eyes, “Shoes?” he questioned.

“Yep!” Becca called out from behind the group. Mason hoisted up the overly large box onto the table.

As you all riffled through the box looking for your shoes you heard an oh-to-familiar-annoying shriek, “Oh my gosh! ~~~~~! I haven’t seen you in forever!”

“Yeah! Hi Abby!” you muttered loud enough for her to hear as you continued to look for your shoes.

“So what are all you girls doing here?!” she cackled.

You rolled your eyes, grabbed your shoes and spun around, “We’re going to run a marathon. What do you think were going to do here?” you quipped back. Abby’s mouth dropped open at your response. You had usually been shy and let Abby say whatever without any back talk, but now you were a different person. Kame had taught you not to remain silent and voice your thoughts when someone was being mean. It also didn’t matter anymore. You didn’t care about Abby, or Chris for that matter, you just missed all of KAT-TUN, especially Jin. Abby glared at you and then reached over grabbing Chris, who you hadn’t even noticed, giving you he queen smirk.

“So… where’s that boyfriend of yours?” she said regaining her composure. That hit you. You knew exactly whom she was talking about, the one person you didn’t want to think about. Abby noticed that she had struck a nerve and smiled even more.

“What boyfriend?!” all your friends screamed.

“Why haven’t we met him?” they continued.

“It’s a misunderstanding,” you sighed. You took a deep breath and looked back at Abby with the cold eyes that Jin had looked at you with. “He isn’t my boyfriend.”

“Oh! Then who was he? You two were acting so sweet the last time we saw you,” Abby continued. You thought back to the movie theatre and smiled softly to yourself remembering how Jin had acted all cutesy.

You chuckled, “yeah.” Your blinked and looked back up at Abby and Chris with a smile, getting an idea, “Are already that bored with Chris that you want to come after another one of my boyfriends?” Abby’s mouth dropped wide open at your unexpected response. “Well I can understand that,” you shrugged, “Chris is pretty boring and you always like to have other people’s stuff because you can never find anyone who will like you at first glance since your such a ,” you scoffed. *Jin’s rubbed off on me more than I thought.* you thought, smiling even more at that thought. You knew Abby wouldn’t take the comment seriously personally and would try to use it against you.

“Wha…” Abby couldn’t even form a word. She shook her head, flipping some hair over her shoulder, turning back to normal. “You’re just mad cause I can always get what’s yours.”

You rolled your eyes, and laughed, “Have fun with that.” You turned back to the group, “Lets go!” you yelled. They all cheered and walked to your alley, leaving a stunned Abby and Chris behind.

 

 

Hehehehe. *sigh* Abby needs to get a MAJOR reality check. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. :) SOMEONE COMES!!! PLEASE COMMENT!