Just an Ordinary day

Death's Daily Quest

 

Minseok watch the clear blue sky, serene, despite the noise of the busy streets. It’s an ordinary day, people do their jobs and what they think is important but failing to realise other things like the pain that a solitary man feels or the loneliness he bears.

The lonely man cannot see Death even if the man thinks of nothing but dying. He was blinded from all other realities.

Minseok saw the man on the subway and he decided to follow him to wherever he’ll go. The lonely man goes to his apartment. Death watch the man cleans his already tidy apartment; he waited patiently as the man change from his work suit to something that one would wear to a funeral. Before the man walks out his door, he left three letters on the table. Minseok follows him trudging to the place he knew too well.

There are sculpted marbles with names of thousand people everywhere but the man stopped in front of a single grave. The man just stands there for some time, just staring, or maybe talking to the wooden box six feet under. He is crying, painful tears.

Death cannot do anything but watch the man, follow his every movement, and listen to every painful word he’s saying.

“I know it’s been five years…” the man said “It’s been a long and painful five years eversinceyou left me…” the man took a deep breath, trying to suppress the tears that's threatening to flow from his eyes “B-but why I can’t seem to forget you?” he said with broken sob. The man kneels and embraces himself. “I’m sorry, I fail to grant your wish. I just… I can’t seem to find happiness if it’s not with you.”

The man searches something from his satchel. It’s a wedding ring that was never given and a revolver. He looked to those two things for a long time.

Death walks in front of the man. “You suffered for so long and it became more painful to stay.” He whispers as the man looked up to him.

“Can you grant my wish?  take all my pains away. Please take me with you.” the man pleaded.

 Death embraces the man as a single shot rings the air.

Wu YiFan. Suicide. 14: 34

 

______.

a/n: Kris's love just gave birth to an angel! 

another short (super duper ever short) update :)

thanks for reading :)))) who do you want to meet next? haha