Lost Innocent

It's You
Woohyun opens his eyes with the sunlight blinding him. He covers it with his hand and looks at the clock, and realizes it was already eight in the morning. He massages his temple, remembering the incident that happened last night, but nevertheless, he got up and went straight to the kitchen. He opens the refrigerator, and finds nothing inside but a piece of bread and pitchers of water. It already has been a week ever since Sunggyu came to his house, and they haven't bought enough groceries since Woohyun was still lacking with money, perhaps, he hasn't received his pay for some reason. Since there was nothing left to cook or to eat, he plans to eat breakfast outside along with Sunggyu. But who knows if he accepts his offer.
 
 
He walks to Sunggyu's room with his heart thumping a bit loud, scared what would Sunggyu do once he opens his eyes and sees him. Rather than that, he saw the empty bed, neatly tidied up and there was no sign of the innocent figure. Woohyun's forehead creases as his heart rate beats faster, thinking that he might have completely left since he told him by accident last night. Beads of sweat was forming at the corner of his face, as he quickly runs to his room to grab his coat and runs past the front door.
 
 
Exposed by the sudden air, he jogs and looks around, trying to find any sign of Sunggyu. He asks people who happen to pass by him, but they all shook their heads at him. Woohyun had the sudden idea of showing them a picture, but then he remembers that he never had one with him.
 
 
It was already eleven o'clock , and Sunggyu was nowhere to be found. Woohyun was trying to catch his breath, his palms against his knees. Even so, his eyes scanned every corner within his reach. "Where could have he gone?" Woohyun asks himself. He began to feel idiotic now, since it was his fault all along. If only he was careful with his words, then he'd still be seeing him right now.
 
 
He had no intention of leaving him alone. He never thought about it. But how come those words escaped his mouth?
 
 
Even so, he continues to walk around the district, searching for a single ray of hope to find him. His stomach starves on the aroma of food surrounding him, but Woohyun seems to ignore them. He was too determined to be disturbed. He was too hurt to give up either. Either way, he knew what he had to do. Whether he collapses on the middle of the street or not, he will continue his journey until he finds Sunggyu.
 
 
Evening came, and Woohyun found himself walking down a familiar path. He looks to his right and sees his workplace, but still, he didn't care. He didn't mind anything at the moment, he was too occupied of his faults and foolishness, and of course, Sunggyu's absence distracted him the most.
 
 
"Sunggyu.. Come back to me. Please." He whispers to himself, as his jagged feet keep taking a step further.
 
 
Woohyun looks into his path and was about to take a turn, when he noticed the familiar corner beside him. He stops and looks at it, trying to remember whatever memory he had of it. Unfortunately, his brain didn't have the power any more to remember anything. He skipped almost three meals, with no water or any rest; somehow, he wondered why he was still conscious, but he was grateful anyways.
 
 
But more than that, Woohyun's adrenaline rushes in as he sees Sunggyu walking towards him, coming out from the familiar corner. He could feel tears forming in his eyes, but he holds it back for his own sake. He didn't intend to do so, but his feet shifted from his place and began running towards him. He locks his arms around his body, and finally exhales in relief.
 
 
"Where.. have you been..?" Woohyun asks out of breath, and he knows that it was so sudden for him to just hug him after a fight the night before. He gently withdraws from him and sees him carrying a container with water. He glances at Sunggyu for a second, then looks back at what he's holding. Finally, he notices something swimming around, with fins and a cute wavy tail.
 
 
"Is that.. yours?" Woohyun asks softly, while Sunggyu nods his head. He tightened his grip on the container, and did his best to avoid Woohyun's eyes. "You left.. without telling me, for a fish?" Woohyun asks slowly, afraid he might say something wrong, but he literally wanted to know how much that fish mattered to Sunggyu.
 
 
Sunggyu's eyes tears up, but he gives out an angry (but looked cute for Woohyun) face at him, then pushes Woohyun aside and walks away with both of his hands supporting the container. He takes big strides away, wanting to create a big distance between them. "H-Hey!" Woohyun calls out and jogs after him, grabbing his arm, making him face him.
 
 
"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to offend you." He holds on Sunggyu's arm and makes sure he doesn't break away. "But.. Why is it so important to you?" Sunggyu looks at him with another blank stare of his, before he could even say a word.
 
 
"M-memor-ry.." He murmurs.
 
 
"W-what? I can't hear you." Woohyun nervously asks, afraid that Sunggyu might refuse to say it again. "F-family.." Sunggyu replies in a louder voice, making Woohyun try to comprehend and connect the dots. "It's important to you because you treat it like your family?" Sunggyu looks down on his shoes and remains silent.
 
 
"Let's go home, please..?" He asks innocently, which Woohyun had to surrender in defeat because of his undeniable pure and baby-ish charms. He takes Sunggyu's hand, and Sunggyu locks his fingers with his. Woohyun watches him as they walk back home, wondering why he was so submissive all of a sudden, or maybe just after he got lost out if sight. "Did something happen while you were gone without me?" Woohyun politely asks, his eyes not leaving Sunggyu's. "No.. I just.." He looks at the fish that keeps swimming around the small container. Woohyun stops walking and looks at Sunggyu with soft eyes. "Let's buy it a new home." Woohyun tells him, as Sunggyu's eyes leaped for joy. He hugs Woohyun around his waist, leaving Woohyun surprised, but hugs him back after a few moments to realize what he did. "Thank.. you." Sunggyu whispers innocently, and Woohyun bit his lips, trying not to smile. 
 
 
Sunggyu withdrew from the hug and took Woohyun's hand again, and waited for him to walk their way to a pet store. Sooner, they arrived and Sunggyu was so excited that he entered the store and bumped his head on one of the glass dividers. "H-hey, are you okay?" Woohyun immediately covered his hand on Sunggyu's forehead. "Does it hurt?" Woohyun asks worriedly, and Sunggyu nods a bit. Woohyun tiptoes and kisses Sunggyu's reddish mark on his forehead, then rubs it after. "There. Feel better?" Woohyun asks as Sunggyu looks at him with an innocent stare. Woohyun pinches Sunggyu's soft, silky cheeks before pushing him gently inside the store. "Go pick what you want" Woohyun tells him, and Sunggyu happily skips away.
 
 
"Is that your brother?" Somebody asked from behind, and turns out to be a saleslady. "Oh, no. I.. It's hard to explain, but the easiest way to say it is I adpoted him." Woohyun chuckles as he remembers the memory when he first took him in his house. "Oh really? Is he younger then? He really seems cute and innocent. He looks so pure, like super." She chuckles, and Woohyun replies to her. "He's actually older, but he looks younger than me." Woohyun chuckles, while the saleslady's face was left in awe. "Then why did you kiss his forehead? It seems like you were treating him like a kid or something." Woohyun laughs and clears his throat. "Well, actually, he acts like a kid. I know it sounds stupid, but he really does." "Does it annoy you? I mean, I don't know. Bad kids can be annoying." She laughs and looks at Woohyun, but Woohyun was busy watching Sunggyu picking stuffs for his fish's aquarium, thr fact he was holding everything in his arms made him look cuter. "No, he's a good kid. And I like that side of him." Woohyun replies, with a smile forming his lips. He looks at the saleslady, and noticed the sweet smile on her face, but the moment broke when Sunggyu bumped into Woohyun's arms.
 
 
"This is.. all." Sunggyu says as he was doing his best to not let anything fall from his arms, while Woohyun's adrenaline attacks him, wanting to squish the cutest person he ever met. He places the things on the counter as Sunggyu did his job. "Actually, I'm really thankful he came. I don't know what would have happened if he didn't." Woohyun and the saleslady laughs, as Sunggyu innocently watched the two. "May I pinch his cheeks?" She asks, and Woohyun sweetly smiles and nods at her. She pinches Sunggyu's cheeks, and he withdraws from her as soon as she did. He looks at her with a confused face, and Woohyun laughed at him and pinched his cheek as well. "Cute, isn't it?" Woohyun laughs as he pats Sunggyu's head. 
 
 
As soon as everything was paid and Woohyun and the saleslady was finally done chatting, Sunggyu tugged Woohyun's shirt, signaling him that he wanted to leave already. "If there's anything you need, feel free to come back here." She says with a smile. "Yeah, sure. I hope to come by soon." He takes Sunggyu's hand and started walking towards the door, but he looks back talk with her again. "I'll make sure to bring this cutie!" He chuckles, and they both chuckle. Suddenly, Sunggyu pulls away his hand from Woohyun's grip, and storms out the store. Woohyun's bright smile disappears, and chases Sunggyu outside.
 
 
"S-Sunggyu!" Woohyun calls out as the other was walking away. "Sunggyu!" He jogs towards him and grabs his hand. "What's wrong?" Sunggyu looks at him with an angry stare. "I said I wanted to leave." Woohyun sighs loudly. "You could have waited. We were about to leave, weren't we?" Sunggyu pulls his hand away again from Woohyun's grip. "You weren't going to leave if I didn't." Woohyun's blood began to rise up. "We were going to leave, okay? Don't act like that again." "You weren't going to leave." Sunggyu turns around and walks away again. "What makes you think of that? Did you read my mind?!" Sunggyu pauses for a moment and looks back.
 
 
"I just know you wouldn't."
 
 
----
Sorry for the super duper late update. I've been realy busy lately, but here you go~ I am really really sorry. Comment down your thoughts! I'll be reading them below.