Conceal

It's You

Woohyun's POV

 

I woke up with the sunlight blinding my eyes. I looked at the clock beside me. It was just six-thirty in the morning. Why did I wake up this early again?

Wait. I remember. 

I saw the figure lying beside me. He was cuddling a pillow, his body covered with the white blanket. His faceㅡ I've never seen this. I've never seen him like this. I know he looks innocent and pure, but this time, I didn't know why my heart somehow ached. He could even tell me what he really feels with his eyes closed.  Weird.

His lips were faced upside down, his eyebrows somehow furrowed to the center. The muscles on his face looked tense. His face looked sorrowful. He looked so serious. He looked like he was mad. He looked like he was depressed. 

My mother once told me that you would know what a person truly feels when they sleep. If they're happy or they had a typical day, their face looks pretty normal when they sleep. When they're tired, you would see a hint of exhaustionㅡwhich is pretty obvious especially when he snores or leaves their mouth open. 

But when a person is depressed, stressed, or experiencing problems, their face looks blank, tensed, or that thing they call 'stone-faced'.

I know it really isn't accurate, but my mother told me that that's how she read me when I was little. The fact I'm all grown up now, I don't know if it still applies. I mean, what if he's only having a bad dream? Or maybe a memory he doesn't wanna remember again? Sometimes my mother's weird. And somehow, I think it's hereditary. Especially to me.

I carefully poked his cheek. Ever since the first time I saw him I knew his cheeks were chubby, and the feeling itself explained it too. His cheeks were soft. I wanna see him pout soon.

Thoughts aside, Nam Woohyun. He's a stranger. Idiot.

I observed the features of his face. Damn, he was flawless. I didn't know why, but his innocent gestures kind of.. . It's weird, I know. What am I thinking? He's just a stranger.

His nose was sharp, his lips tainted in light pink. His eyelashes weren't that long, but weren't too short. I actually like his eyes the most. It was small, yet it expressed a million things. His eyes matched his over-all feature. I can't imagine him having big eyes though, if ever he did, he wouldn't look innocent as he is right now.

In my opinion, he wasn't much of a stranger to me (though he is), it just seems like he was lost. He needs someone to take care of him. He's like a kid. No, a baby. Noㅡnevermind.

But still, I never knew why I took him in. Is this some sort of destiny?


Realizing the time I wasted, I quickly crawled out the bed and wore my bedroom slippers. I headed to the kitchen and started making breakfast.

After some minutes of cooking, I fixed the table. I placed the food after, then took off my apron. I headed to the bedroom to see if he already have woken up and got ready for breakfast, but when I arrived there, I saw the exact opposite. He was still lying there at the same position when I have left him.

 

"Hey.." I said, slightly shaking him. "Wake up, it's time to eat."

 

It looked like he didn't even budge, seeing him pout his lips and bury his face more on the pillow. I didn't know if that was intentional, or his reflexes because I was waking him up.

 

"Hey.." I called out again, shaking him a little stronger now.

 

He finally opened his small eyes and gave me a confused look. To be honest, it looked too cute, making it hard for me not to squeal over him. I just wanted to dive on him right now and squish his cheeks. I wanted to bury my body on him, squishing him all over this time.

 

"It's time for breakfast, Sunggyu." I coldly said, trying to tell him to get up soon because the food is waiting.

 

He didn't say anything at my words, but he blinked his eyes slowly and continously, his cheeks puffed up. He looked so innocentㅡDamn, I hated it when he looked innocent.

Somehow, it felt like I was being seduced. He looked like he was teasing me, in my persepective. Seeing him do that while he's between the white sheets of my bed, his eyes beneath my chin, and as soon as my eyes laid on his pinkish lips, I traced it down until I met with his expressive eyes. I fcking loved it. I love how he made me feel just now.

He folded his lips and finally sat down. His back was facing me as I continue to watch him. He turned his back a bit, seemingly taking a peek on what was I doing, so I quickly looked away, trying to avoid making him uncomfortable.

 

"It's time to eat. I'll see you at the table."

 

I left the room and went to the kitchen. Why do I keep feeling like this when I see him?

It feels so uncomfortable. It's annoying. It's frustrating.

I sighed at the thought. What's wrong with me? Ever since he came to my house, I always talked to myself in my thoughts. And it seemed like my nights were longer than I thought it would be before. I hate it. I hate Kim Sunggyu. I hate myself.

I splashed my face with water then waited for Sunggyu at the table.

My fingers were tapping rapidly. What's seriously wrong with me? What's taking Sunggyu so long?

Is it really hard to wash up in the morning? Or maybe he slept in the bathroom. Should I check on him?

Wait, I don't understand. Why am I worrying about him so much?


I hate it.


I hate myself.


I hated myself ever since I was young.


And I continue to hate myself.


Where the heck is Sunggyu?


Finally, I felt my blood cooling down when I heard the bathroom door creak open. I could also feel my heart going back to it's normal pace. I felt a feeling of joy and contentment.

Joy and contenment? What am I even saying?

He carefully sat down and grabbed his chopsticks. He peeked at me and saw me looking back at him, so he quickly turned his gaze back to his food. He started picking up the meat I placed in his bowl and shoved everything in his mouth in a very quick manner.

 

"Hey, slow down. There's plenty for you."

 

He narrowed his fingers on the wooden chopsticks. He slowly looked down and nodded at me.


Cute.


"So.. Um.. Can you tell me about yourself?" I nervously asked. I seriously didn't know anything about him, except he was cute and innocent. And pure. And childish. Or baby-ish. 


Shut up, Woohyun.


He began to chew his food slowly. He continued to stare at his food. I guess he doesn't really plan to tell me anything.

 

"All right.." I said, sighing. How do I keep up with him again?

 

Suddenly, an idea popped in my head. I was just thinking of ways on how should I force the words out of him, or maybe not force, but just to get to know each other. This idea brought me butterflies in my stomach.

 

"Hey..  I wanna take you out."

 

He looked at me curiously, and somehow, I saw that he was somehow thunderstruck on what I said.

 

"Let's go out, okay? Let's buy you some clothes. And things. And go grocery shopping! And then let's eat lunch. Then I'll take you to placesㅡif there's enough time left."

 

He slowly nodded his head in response.

 

"Alright. Eat up and take a bath, I'll just borrow clothes from my friend, so you can wear something. I'll be right back."

 

I placed down my chopsticks on the table and shuffled my feet towards the door. I wore my slippers and went to the elevator.

When the elevator clicked open, I pressed the 6th floor button. And after a while, I was searching for room 147.

I was standing in front of the door. I took a deep breath, exhaled heavily, then knocked on the door.

Honestly, Myungsoo wasn't really my closest friend. Well, we are close, and we share some sort of stuffs, but it's just.. You know. He's like a serious and mature friend. While I'm a freak. A psycho. Though Sungyeol completely disagrees about how I think of Myungsoo's attitude, I continue to believe my instincts.

The door swung open and Myungsoo welcomed me with his intimidating eyes. He was wearing a black suit and was carrying suitcase.

 

"Hey Myung. Can I borrow some clothes?"

 

He looked at me for a few seconds, then finally, somehow I saw him move a centimeter. Goodness, what's wrong with this guy? Is he too cold that he can't even move?

 

"You can get in my closet. Just make sure you wash it."

 

"You don't even washㅡ" I scoffed. "ㅡBesides, I'll wash it before lending it, it probably stinks anywaysㅡ"

 

"ㅡShut up. WaitㅡYou're lending it?!"

 

"Uh.. yeah. Thanks bro." I said while quickly patting his shoulder. I jogged to his closet, took a bunch of clothes, then ran outside.

 

"You can't lend that. It's only you I trust that could wear it."

 

"Only me? Why?"

 

"Just don't lend it to someone else!"

 

"Okay! I won't. Thanks anyways."

 

I know I lied, and it's bad. What could go wrong anyway? Sunggyu wasn't the type to break things. In his attitude like that, how the heck would he? I bet he wouldn't even lay scratch on it.

I went back to my room and entered the bedroom. I saw Sunggyu sitting at the edge of the bed again.

 

"Hey. Were you waiting too long?"

 

He shook his head.

 

"How long have you been waiting?"

 

He continued to stare on the floor.

 

"Well you know what? Dress up."

 

He nodded and took the clothes hanging on my arm.

 

"Where?" He asked weakly.

 

I pointed to the bathroom.

 

"Okay.."

 

Seriously. The silence kills me. It's the first time that the silence slowly kills me. That feeling when you ask him something, and you're not pretty sure on what he'd say, and what the heck would he do. I know he's innocent, he doesn't do much. But still. He's still unexpected.

If I would describe him, it's somehow confusing. He's not a bomb, because when you see a bomb, you already know it's dangerous, and you know anytime soon it would blow up unexpectedly. And when it explodes, it'll hurt a lot, and even those areas or people who's not suppose to be part of the explosion, gets involved, because of it's wide range of reach. But to me, he's more like the first day of snow. You wouldn't know when the snow would fall, and it comes unexpectedly. While you're walking around or you're just watching the people around you, then suddenly, snow starts to fall. Unlike bombs, snow is more calm and pure and innocent. Just like him. And when snow falls for a while, you wouldn't notice it, or you wouldn't even expect itㅡthat it looked so beautiful and peaceful.

But when spring comes, the snow starts to melt and disappear to nowhere.

I ran my fingers in my hair. Him being quiet, me trying to describe him, him treating me like thisㅡit was frustrating me again. He always gets me frustrated.

I went to my closet and searched for clothes that I would wear. I picked out some clothes for the cold, since the weather forecast said that it might be raining soon. That it might even turn into a storm tonight.

After a while, I finished fixing myself. I wonder if he was ready? If he's alright?

 

"Sunggyu-ah~ Are you ready? Don't be shy and come out now."

 

I took my wallet and car keys from my cabinet, then I went in front of the mirror, located at the opposite wall of the bathroom door. I tucked in my coat warmly, then flashed a smile. Who knew I looked better when smiling?

 

Suddenly, the door behind me opened. Sunggyu went out with a blank expression. The way he looked, it was so different.

 

I turned around and he stood still in front of me. I don't know how on earth it happened, but I felt and somehow saw that Sunggyu was looking at me directly in the eyes. And of course, since I was to distracted and amazed by his one hundred and eighty, or maybe three hundred and sixty degree transformation, I didn't want to look. I was too amazed to take off my eyes on what he's wearing. Somehow, maybe because it was awkward and I wouldn't survive if I looked at him, and somehow, his gaze was burning me in all sorts. Burning, scorching, killing, melting, bla bla bla. It was an indescribable moment. And it was seriously killing me.

He wore Myungsoo's white longsleeved polo shirt. The leather belt I Ient him showed off the front view of his hips. He wore a black semi-tight jeans that traced his legs. Then the soft black linen trench coat that reached below his knees was on top. He wore some steel-stoed looking shoesㅡI don't really know what's it called. But over all, he looked different.

He looked so manly. He looked so mature. His eyes expressed the hidden sorrows that I might yet to know. He looked like a grown up. He didn't look so innocent and pure anymore. Not that because he looks dirty, but, he doesn't look like a babyㅡor a kid or anything. He looked like he was real, and not just some fantasy.

I didn't know until now. I only realized now. Maybe behind all these soft features he showed me, this must be him inside. It might be that other part of him that I would rarely see. Or maybe he was like this, before he even turned too soft. The sadness in his eyesㅡ it wasn't just sadness. It had loneliness. Guilt. Depressions. And somehow, it had hatred. But what stayed the same when I first saw him, is that he still looked lost.

I never thought I'd see this side of him I never thought he'd be like this. Maybe this is him. And only now, only I knew now that he was like this. Maybe because he always concealed who he is. Or maybe because he was feeling so lost, it turned him like this. There must be a lot more things I don't know, and maybe what I see right now is not yet everything. Maybe there more still things that he concealsㅡmore things than I would ever expect.

 

"Ready to go?" I asked him. He nodded his head at me and walked gently towards the door.
And until this moment, I'm still dazzled about how much he had changed over a few piece of clothing.

 

"Yeah. Sure.." He answered weakly.

 

Even when his voice ring in my ears. It's different. He's so different. Maybe this side had been hiding deep inside him, and I need to find a way wherein I can completely open that door.

 

 

---------

Okayyy~ Took me a while to update. Well like I promised, longer chapters. Haha

 

Innocent gyu but a ty Woohyun. Oops

 

I wonder how their chemistry go?

 

its up to you to find out. Clue? Keep reading. Hahahahaha okay ill shut up