Yifan the Flirt (Seriously. Someone Stop Him.)

Accidentally in Love

Yifan is such a dork wow this was fun to write


Ever since that night at the park, Yifan’s entire attitude around Emily had changed. He texted her all the time and mostly sent her goofy selfies when he was supposed to be working.

 

At one point she even had to turn her phone off because he kept trying to call her while she was studying for an important test. When she turned her phone back on the next day after the test, she had quite a few voicemails. They started off jokingly and ended with a frantic Yifan asking if she was okay and whether she’d died. Emily figured the only reason he hadn’t been knocking at her dorm was because he was in another city filming for a show.

 

She decided to try calling him to put him at ease. The phone barely rang once before Yifan answered. “Emily!! You’re not dead!”

 

Emily laughed and said, “Nope. Still alive I’m afraid.”

 

“Why didn’t answer me?!” cried Yifan. Emily could practically hear his pout.

 

“I told you I had to study for a test. You wouldn’t leave me alone,” she answered.

 

“Still~” Yifan whined.

 

Emily rolled her eyes. What a child. “Is there anything important you have to tell me? I’m meeting a couple friends for lunch.”

 

“Actually, yes! I’m gonna have another photoshoot at the studio where you work!” Yifan said excitedly.

 

“Really?” Emily said.

 

“Yep! So I’ll see you in a few days~” Yifan practically sang, then hung up.

 

Emily sighed, hopefully he would calm down a little bit and not be so clingy in front of other people.

 

She couldn’t have been more wrong.

 

On the day of the photoshoot, Emily arrived at work at her usual time and greeted her boss. Yifan and his manager were already there, and as soon as he saw her, Yifan bounced up to her and gave her an enormous hug.

 

“I missed you,” he said, feigning sadness.

 

Emily’s face turned a lovely shade of pink at the sudden display of affection, especially when she noticed several of her coworkers staring at the two of them. She wanted to just bury her face in his arms to hide from the embarrassment, but she knew that would only make things worse. So, to avoid a possible scandal, she pushed Yifan away.

 

He pouted at her, then brightened up.  “Did you miss me too?” he asked, sticking his face very close to hers.

 

She backed away and nodded. “Uh, yeah,” she mumbled awkwardly.

 

If Yifan was unsatisfied with her answer, he didn’t show it. Instead he gave her a boyish grin and practically skipped away to his stylist to change into his first outfit for the shoot.

 

Emily shook her head to clear her thoughts and got to work, pretending to ignore the stares and whispers of her coworkers. Yifan came out of the dressing room in a classic suit and tie. Immediately the hair stylists and makeup artists got to work. Emily couldn’t but think that they weren’t necessary. He was effortlessly attractive. And he knew it.

 

Throughout the photoshoot, Yifan continuously flirted with Emily whenever he thought nobody was looking. She was getting more and more flustered with his random back hugs and compliments. Seriously, how on earth did he think of so many things to compliment

about her? She was going to spontaneously combust.

 

After the entire ordeal was over, Yifan came up to Emily and said, “Hey. There’s somewhere I want you to go with me.”

 

“Where?” asked Emily.

 

“I have to film for the show Happy Camp and I want you to come with me. I’ll get you a seat in the front row and everything. You might even be able to meet the hosts.”

 

Emily brightened up immediately. “Really? Oh my gosh, that would be awesome! I wanna meet Nana.”

 

Happy that she was excited, Yifan nodded fervently. “I remember you mentioning that you really like that show, so I decided to invite you. I knew you’d be excited,” he said.

 

Emily nodded as well. “Yeah! Wow, thank you so much! When is it?” she asked.

 

“In a couple weeks. I’ll let you know when I’m heading to the filming location, and I’ll pick you up at your university,” Yifan said.

 

“Okay,” said Emily. “Oh, but don’t make a show out of it. I don’t need everyone asking me why I got into a car with Wu Yifan.”

 

“Why, am I embarrassing?”

 

“Definitely.”

“Wait, what? Emily come back!”


Emily, you're in love with a loser.

The next chapter is going to be so much fun omg I can't wait :D