No Use Crying over Spilled Milk. Or Ice Cream.

Accidentally in Love

Things are happening


“Why do you keep ignoring me?”

 

Emily stared into his pleading eyes and felt herself begin to soften. He genuinely did look confused, almost like a lost puppy. Then she looked down at his hand grasping her arm and raised an eyebrow. She yanked her arm away from him, but Yifan reacted quickly. He tried to grab her again, but Emily had had enough.

 

She was tired and had a paper to write! So, she threw the first thing she noticed at Yifan.

 

Her ice cream flew and hit him right on his jacket. Emily’s aim was perfect. A large vanilla and chocolate stain formed in the middle of his chest. They both watched as the ice cream slowly melted down the front of his jacket, created a long white streak across the black fabric.

 

Emily nervously bit the bottom of her lip. When Yifan didn’t say anything and only stared at the ice cream as though he had no idea what it was, she turned quickly and quietly on her heel and fast-walked out the door.

 

She’d only made it a couple feet when she heard footsteps behind her. She quickened her pace, but the footsteps easily caught up to her.

 

Yifan stood directly in front of Emily who looked down at her shoes as if they were suddenly very fascinating. Yifan cleared his throat, and Emily guiltily looked up. She refused to meet his eyes, but his expression was fairly unreadable. This only made Emily even more frantic.

 

“You know this jacket is pretty expensive, right?” Yifan finally said after several moments of silence.

 

Emily didn’t say anything, but sighed unhappily. Figures. He even wears expensive jackets in the middle of the night.

 

“I don’t think you’ll be able to afford the cleaning this jacket needs, and I know you won’t be able to afford buying me a new one,” Yifan continued.

 

“Then what do you want me to do about it?” Emily asked quietly.

 

Yifan smirked. “Hmm… I’m not sure yet. But I do know that I’m curious about you. So, first off, you have to tell me your name.”

 

“Emily,” she said bluntly. “And if that’s all you want, then I’ll be on my way.”

 

“Not so fast!” Yifan said and moved back in front of Emily before she could escape. “I also want your number.”

 

Emily stared at him. Is he serious? “Why?” she asked, genuinely confused.

 

“Because, since you can’t give me money as a payment, then you can give me time,” Yifan answered, his smirk not disappearing.

 

Emily scoffed. “My time? What do you want me to do, go on a date with you?” she asked sarcastically.

 

“Yes.”

 

Emily froze. “Wait, seriously?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No way.” Emily briskly walked around Yifan and started heading back to the dorm. It was way too late to deal with this nonsense.

 

“I’m serious!” Yifan cried, following her.

 

Emily snorted, but continued walking.

 

Yifan managed to catch up to her and stand in front of her yet again. Emily sighed; the school was only a few feet away… And so was her bed...

 

“You owe me,” said Yifan, pointing to his jacket.

 

Emily paused, guilt slowly creeping up on her. Yifan noticed her hesitation and immediately took advantage of it. “This was a sponsored jacket, so it’s gonna cost me a lot! The least you could do is give me your number.”

 

Oh hell no. He is NOT pouting. Ugh, what a child, Emily thought. Still, she did owe him for ruining the jacket. Finally giving in, she motioned for him to give her his phone.

 

Yifan’s eyes lit up, and he quickly gave it to her. As she entered her phone, he babbled on about how he promises he’ll keep her a secret from his fans and that she could expect a call within a week or so. Emily only have listened to him and just nodded along before handing his phone back with a, “Here. And don’t expect me to always answer. I have class." Yifan nodded obediently and sent a quick text to give her his number.

 

Suddenly, Emily thought of something. “How do you know I won’t just go and sell your number to one of your crazy fans?”

 

Yifan looked at her with his head tilted a little to one side. “Because I trust you.” With that, he waved and walked away into the night.

 

What an idiot, Emily thought. But she couldn’t help the slight blush that crept onto her cheeks at the thought of his little smile.

Shaking her head, she glanced back once more in the direction Yifan had disappeared before passing through the gates back onto campus,

 

Once back in the dorm, she collapsed into bed, exhausted and fell instantly to sleep, her bags of food forgotten on the floor.  


Oho~ Not-so-subtle flirting from Mr.Wu~ And now he has her number~ 
 
Thank you to the people who subscribed and huge thank you to the people who commented! <3 Make Emily famous or something idk it's her birthday (or it was...)