Emily Channels Her Inner Tomato

Accidentally in Love

More things are happening ehrmagehrd


Two weeks later Emily is, yet again, freaking out. Ever since her dramatic exit at the restaurant, Yifan hadn’t contacted her once. Every time he had an interview on TV, she half expected him to hold up a picture of her and tell his fans to attack.

 

But, so far, there had been nothing. In fact, in some interviews, he seemed abnormally subdued. Or maybe she was overthinking things.

 

Either way, every single time her phone went off, she panicked, only to realize it was just one of her friends asking what the homework was for a class.

 

One night, right after dinner, she was just settling down to start on her homework when her phone buzzed. She’d started to feel a little complacent that Yifan was done with her, but her eyes widened as his name flashed across the screen.

 

She unlocked her phone and read the text:

 

Meet me at the park. I have something to say to you. Please? It’s important.

 

Following that was directions to a small park a few blocks down from her school.

 

Now Emily was worried. The text was so cryptic, and she couldn’t tell what he was feeling. Was he going to yell at her for being rude?

She paced around her room, imagining all the worst possible scenarios - maybe the world will blow up - before deciding she should at least go see what he wanted.

 

She slipped on a coat and a pair of boots, grabbed her key, and told Sydney she was heading out for a bit. Her roommate merely grunted at her, eyes not leaving the textbook in front of her.

 

Emily stepped outside into the cool autumn weather and looked up. Clouds were forming above and she briefly wondered if it was going to rain.

 

She decided to walk to the park as it was only a couple blocks away. When she got there, several people were running and riding bikes. However, one figure stood out almost immediately. Shaking her head at how dismal he was at blending in, she made her way to him.

Yifan saw her coming and walked to meet her halfway. However, he didn’t say anything and just stood still with his hands behind his back. He couldn’t even meet her eyes and instead opted for counting every single blade of grass below his feet.

 

Emily coughed and said, “You call me out here and don’t even say anything? You know I should probably be studying right now.”

 

Yifan winced, which surprised Emily. He muttered something under his breath.

 

“What?” Emily asked, leaning in so she could hear him better.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yifan said, a little louder this time.

 

Emily was at a loss for words.

 

“I’m sorry I laughed at you and embarrassed you. I should’ve helped you up and made sure you were okay. I’m also sorry for confusing you so much. I want to start over, so, uh, I got you there,” Yifan said and pulled a small bouquet of lilies from behind his back. “I meant it when I said you’re really pretty. I really do want to get to know you.”

 

Emily had absolutely no idea what to say, but she accepted the lilies. Finally she found her voice and the brilliant thing she asked him was, “Where did you find these?”

 

Yifan laughed a little, and Emily felt her face heat up. “I went to a flower shop and thought these looked pretty,” he said. Suddenly his smile fell. “Do you not like them?”

 

Emily shook her head and smiled a little while looking at the flowers. “They’re actually my favorite flower,” she said quietly.

 

A grin slowly lit up Yifan’s face. “Really? I’m a genius!” he said happily.

 

Emily scoffed and resisted the urge to throw the flowers at his stupid face. “Apology accepted,” she said.

 

At that, Yifan held out his hand. Emily looked at it, confused, so Yifan clarified. “We’re starting over. My name’s Wu Yifan.”

 

Emily hesitantly grabbed his hand and shook it. “I’m Emily,” she said. “Nice to meet you.” Then she grinned.

 

“Nice to meet you, too!” Yifan said. He refused to let go of Emily’s hand and instead started dragging her toward the path that goes around the park. She blushed when he entwined his fingers with her and started pretending to be a tour guide for the park, pointing out every bush and tree as if it were some national landmark.

She laughed at his goofiness and felt herself relax. Yifan may be stupid sometimes, but right now, he was making her laugh. Maybe he wasn’t so bad to be around after all.


BEHOLD THE FLUFF

Seems like the relationship between these two is finally taking a turn for the better~ ;) 

TIME TO WRITE MORE FLUFF MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA